Can a silent hernia cause genital numbness? Sacral nerves. (Please help)

Cooper

Hello all, is anyone here heard, read or experienced something similar? Can a seemingly symptom free hidden hernia press on sacral plexus nerves and cause penile, scrotal, pelvic floor and bladder numbness?

Here is my background: I suffer from something called ''Post Accutane Syndrome'' since the age of 16, turned 25 this month now. My sexual symptoms were pretty mild when i first used this evil drug for only 3 days. (I discontinued it after realizing smth was off about my ejaculations.) Then, gradually i got worse each year.

All my extensive testing points out that it is related to my gut, i have 65ppm SIBO which might be causing auto immune reaction to nearby organs like prostate and damaging my nerve, vein health.

But a researcher in this field also recommended me to get a dye MRI scan of my full spine area. Which i will soon. I had a small hernia confirmed when i was 19 but its symptoms just went away with time. And i never had hernia or back pain. I just had coming and going sciatica on left leg and buttock pain.

I heard a case who had this, a guy told my reseaercher friend that he has a symptom free hernia and a MRI scan confirmed that it was that causing all of his similar sexual symptoms... He is gonna get the surgery done.

Can a symptom free chronic spine hernia cause persistent genital numbness, bladder numbness, penile size loss and loss of blood supply to that area? Anyone heard of such thing before? Thanks.

Nick

Hello all, is anyone here heard, read or experienced something similar? Can a seemingly symptom free hidden hernia press on sacral plexus nerves and cause penile, scrotal, pelvic floor and bladder numbness?

Here is my background: I suffer from something called ''Post Accutane Syndrome'' since the age of 16, turned 25 this month now. My sexual symptoms were pretty mild when i first used this evil drug for only 3 days. (I discontinued it after realizing smth was off about my ejaculations.) Then, gradually i got worse each year.

All my extensive testing points out that it is related to my gut, i have 65ppm SIBO which might be causing auto immune reaction to nearby organs like prostate and damaging my nerve, vein health.

But a researcher in this field also recommended me to get a dye MRI scan of my full spine area. Which i will soon. I had a small hernia confirmed when i was 19 but its symptoms just went away with time. And i never had hernia or back pain. I just had coming and going sciatica on left leg and buttock pain.

I heard a case who had this, a guy told my reseaercher friend that he has a symptom free hernia and a MRI scan confirmed that it was that causing all of his similar sexual symptoms... He is gonna get the surgery done.

Can a symptom free chronic spine hernia cause persistent genital numbness, bladder numbness, penile size loss and loss of blood supply to that area? Anyone heard of such thing before? Thanks.
I think based on the work of Grant Generoux, accutane and the related vitamin-A/retinoid overload can damage the nerve sheath anywhere in the body. Once too much retinol derivatives are in the blood it an act like retinoid chemical peels work on the face. The retinoids can definitely damage the gut lining and bile ducts, then get into the blood and can damage any organ from there.

OP
Cooper

Cooper

I think based on the work of Grant Generoux, accutane and the related vitamin-A/retinoid overload can damage the nerve sheath anywhere in the body. Once too much retinol derivatives are in the blood it an act like retinoid chemical peels work on the face. The retinoids can definitely damage the gut lining and bile ducts, then get into the blood and can damage any organ from there.
This is scary to read. I never heard that nerve sheath damage before. But here is the problem, i just took Tane' for 3 days! What do you think happened in my case? What kind of tests should i do? Is this type of nerve damage is reversible or causes permanent damage? I know a lot of recovered cases. But root causes may differ.

Can you please explain more and send some source study links about your claims? Thanks.

hierundjetzt

I thought the theories by Grant Generoux were debunked by Ray Peat? Not that I really know which one of the two is correct...

Nick

This is scary to read. I never heard that nerve sheath damage before. But here is the problem, i just took Tane' for 3 days! What do you think happened in my case? What kind of tests should i do? Is this type of nerve damage is reversible or causes permanent damage? I know a lot of recovered cases. But root causes may differ.

Can you please explain more and send some source study links about your claims? Thanks.
Supposedly the stem cells and nerve cells killed by the accutane are gone forever but in the absence of toxins and the abundance of coherent energy I don't doubt that many things can be regenerated that conventional medicine deems impossible. As I understand it, a long term effect of accutane damage is that it makes the body less able to handle the detoxification of excess retinol, so you may find it helpful to look into and consider experimenting with the ideas of Grant Generoux about low vitamin-A consumption. His blog and free books are at least worth looking at, and there is an accutane section on the forum on his blog.
Ideas, Concepts, and Observations

I just had coming and going sciatica on left leg and buttock pain.
Pain in the butt and legs (sometimes described as "sacroiliitus") is sometimes a direct effect of excess retinoids in circulation. For example, this paper refers to sacroiliitus caused by isotretinoin used as a medication but the same molecule is made in the body from retinol.
Isotretinoin-induced inflammatory back pain and sacroiliitis in patients with moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris - PubMed
Unfortunately I can't seem to get the full text for this as the sci-hub website appears to be partially down right now.

I thought the theories by Grant Generoux were debunked by Ray Peat? Not that I really know which one of the two is correct...
Personally I don't think the word "debunked" is a useful was to discuss anything. Ray Peat does not agree with him, athough I don't know if he ever gave the ideas much consideration. I think Ray is right about many things but my experience with my own health and that of other people I know is that, on this particular but crucial issue of the threshold of vitamin A toxicity under modern conditions, Grant is more correct than Ray.

OP
Cooper

Cooper

Anyone here ever heard of silent hernia causing such symptoms guys? I don't think i have vitamin A or vit B toxicity... And i also took Accutane only for 3 days, i don't think that can permanently damage my nerve sheats? This must be something else huh? @Nick

Besides that, i still have very oily skin, if i had excess retionoids i would have dry skin like other post accutane cases? Maybe my condition is due to my methane sibo and gut issues if my hernia MRI scan turns out clear.

teds

Forum Supporter
Anyone here ever heard of silent hernia causing such symptoms guys? I don't think i have vitamin A or vit B toxicity... And i also took Accutane only for 3 days, i don't think that can permanently damage my nerve sheats? This must be something else huh? @Nick

Besides that, i still have very oily skin, if i had excess retionoids i would have dry skin like other post accutane cases? Maybe my condition is due to my methane sibo and gut issues if my hernia MRI scan turns out clear.
Hello- Your title confused me for a minute. A hernia isn’t the same as a herniated disc or material in the spine. A hernia is abdominal tissue and the sacral nerves are certainly not directly affected by this. However, if the cauda equina is affected then this can cause symptoms such as numbness in the groin region. Often this is accompanied by pain and also by dysfunction such as bowel/bladder incontinence but not always.

Just popping this here for a general overview. Cauda Equina Syndrome – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatments

As you’ll read in the article, it’s commonly associated with a disc herniation (which is I assume where the ‘hernia’ phrase came from?) but it may also be another ‘space occupying lesion’ and this may be why there is no pain etc.

Other than cauda equina syndrome you may have just got some compression of the pudendal nerve- although this is often accompanied by pain as well. Not always. There are always exceptions with these things.

If you’ve had a full spine MRI then this should show if the CA is compromised. You could get a second opinion on the scan. I would see someone if this persists.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals