Caffeine And Sweating

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

I forgot to mention that taking some baking soda a some salt can be used to stop the sweating immediately.
I tried baking soda and salt together today and it did stop my sweating immediately. I am going to keep trying it to see how well it works in different situations and environments.
I do notice I am sweating more now that I have started eating sugar. Hoping it will pass and my body will adjust. Please keep me posted if you have any new insights to share and thanks again for all your info.
Regarding body temps, i've been tracking mine upon waking and throughout the day. So when I wake up its about 97.6-97.9 and shoots put to 98.6 after breakfast and jumping around on the rebounder. Does this indicate anything that can clue me into my sweating issue?

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Supposedly that is ideal, if it's 98.6+ upon waking usually its stress according to Ray Peat if you're concerned about your number being too low. The ideal scenario is as you described; around or slightly below 98 and then rising after eating. It's helpful to also take your resting heart-rate along with the temperature as they are more meaningful when taken together rather than isolation. Also blood pressure can be insightful if taking it is convenient as high blood pressure is associated with elevated TSH. With your post breakfast temp I assume your taking it after having coffee also? If so it might be interesting to see if you get the same increase without having coffee in the morning and if you feel the sugar is still causing issues when you don't take caffeine. Sugar is rapidly assimilated and it may be the case that your glycogen stores cannot match the gas pedal you're applying with coffee but the slow digestion of starch provided a slower release of glucose into the bloodstream to provide some buffer against the caffeine.

As for the sugar; there may be a relationship between consuming a impactful amount of daily carbs as white sugar which lack minerals that are present with fruits or something like potatoes. And it's easy to consume sugar without salt. But with starch it is basically inedible if it isn't salted. There also may be a relationship with sugar intake and magnesium depending on your thyroid function since it's necessary to "retain" magnesium. I think the sweating can cause or what causes the sweating also causes a "mis-regulation" of mineral balance. Pregnenolone powder by itself or with a mangesium supplement(most of them are terrible) - magnesium bicarbonate (if you search the forum there is a recipe-its magnesium hydroxide mixed with carbonated water) is probably the best, 5-minute boiled kale contains some magnesium in the water it was cooked in, well cooked zucchini is a good source. I mention the pregnenolone because it can help with magnesium retention (search for haiduts experiement with this if interested).

This is from memory but most of it can be found on the forum if you google search your question and then follow it with Haidut (a prolific poster on the forum). ex- magnesium pregnenolone haidut. You might wanna read through the ray peat email advice depository and the wiki both of which can be found on the forum if you haven't checked them out yet - lots of good info. I hope you'll keep us posted :)
Awesome thank you!! Those are my temps the past few days NOT drinking any caffeine as I was feeling extremely stimulated (really energetic but also hard time sleeping and no appetite) and trying to shift to a new way of eating probably left me under nourished. The thing is my temps will rise after eating but then drop again a few hours later. So throughout the day they are constantly going up and down and not staying consistently elevated.

Interesting that you say most Mg supps are terrible. I am currently taking pure encapsulation magnesium glycinate and before that would take some different brands, mostly citrate or oxide if I remember correctly. What is it about supplementing that is unfavorable?

I do find that when I have something more starchy - let's say potatoes with sour cream and lots of salt - I don't sweat for a few hours. But then if I have just some fruit juice I'll start to sweat. I basically feel like I need to tranquillize myself with food every few hours if that makes any sense. As soon as I don't eat i go into a super stimulated state. Certain things make me feel more grounded whereas other things aren't as helpful. Will keep updating with what works and does not work. I also imagine that living somewhere quieter and changing my life would be a huge help, which I am working on in the meantime. Thanks again I will definitely check out those posts you mentioned. Have been reading through the forum and listening to interview on YouTube as well as writing to Ray and seeing if he will answer.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

I've just had a bad experience with them but I might have to check out the mag glycinate you've had a good experience with.

I totally get where your coming from regarding food and the constant intake thing as I'm the same. I wonder if it just comes down to ineffecient metabolism not utilizing/storing things properly and then crashing as soon as the food train stops...I was curious if you still had the issue without coffee.I've noticed I don;t get it as bad without it but it's still there sometimes. I think the potato thing is still related to the rate of digestion because like you said it just makes it happen farther away from consumption rather than immediately in the case of sugar but it could be something else. Personally I think its all good to eat starch if you digest it good and are still getting some fructose. Anyways, hopefully we can get this figured out :)
from ray:

The sense of chilling usually goes with a sudden rise in body temperature, triggered by a change in the regulatory hormones. Over-activity of the parasympathetic nervous system can cause localized sweating without over-heating; have you had blood tests for thyroid, vitamin D, cortisol, and other hormones?

1. Auton Neurosci. 2012 Apr 3;167(1-2):34-8.
Alterations in cardiovascular autonomic function tests in idiopathic
hyperhidrosis.
De Marinis M, Colaizzo E, Petrelli RA, Santilli V.
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, "Sapienza" University, Rome, Italy.
[email protected]
We performed cardiovascular autonomic function tests to assess sympathetic and
parasympathetic functions in patients with idiopathic hyperhidrosis. We studied
35 patients with idiopathic hyperhidrosis and 35 age- and sex-matched controls. A
thermoregulatory sweat test (TST) was performed in all subjects. Sweating was
qualitatively (Minor's test at 22°C) and quantitatively (skin conductance)
evaluated. Orthostatism, tilt to 65°, cold pressor test, deep breathing, Valsalva
maneuver and hyperventilation were performed in patients and controls. A greater
fall in blood pressure values was observed in patients than in controls in the
upright tests (p<0.05). In particular, postural hypotension was present in a
subgroup of patients (34%), in whom changes in lying-to-standing blood pressure
and heart rate were greater (p<0.001) than those of the remaining patients. The
TST revealed that the total body sweat rate (ml/cm(2)/min) was more pronounced in
patients with postural hypotension (p<0.001) than in the other patients and
controls. The skin conductance values of patients with postural hypotension were
higher (p<0.001) than those of the remaining patients. A positive correlation was
found between skin conductance values and postural hypotension. Dehydration and
poor water intake may play a role in postural hypotension in patients with severe
hyperhidrosis and pronounced thermoregulatory sweating. A significantly marked
increase in parasympathetic function was observed in patients. Responses to deep
breathing, Valsalva maneuver and hyperventilation were significantly greater in
patients (p<0.001) than in controls. Idiopathic hyperhidrosis seems to be a
complex dysfunction that involves autonomic pathways other than those related to
sweating.

2. Radiat Med. 1986 Apr-Jun;4(2):46-50.
N-isopropyl I-123 p-iodoamphetamine brain scans with single photon emission
computed tomography: mental sweating and EEG abnormality.
Momose T, Kunimoto M, Nishikawa J, Kasaka N, Ohtake T, Iio M.
We studied a patient with hyperhidrosis and electroencephalographic (EEG)
abnormality using N-isopropyl I-123 p-iodoamphetamine (I-123 IMP) with single
photon emission computed tomography (SPECT). EEG abnormality was found
predominantly in the frontal area, and sharp wave bursts were induced by
hyperventilation. Ictal and nonictal scans were obtained with simultaneous EEG
recordings. Ictal scans revealed increased uptake of IMP in the frontal cortex,
reflecting hyperperfusion to the frontal area. The ratio of IMP uptake of the
frontal to the parietal cortex (F/P ratio) was calculated both in the ictal and
nonictal phase. In the ictal phase, the F/P ratio was 1.23, compared with 0.91 in
the nonictal phase. The data indicated altered regional cerebral blood flow with
EEG abnormality and hyperventilation load. Although the relationship between
sweating and cortical function is not fully understood, our study indicates that
excessive mental sweating is related to frontal cortical dysfunction. I-123
IMP-SPECT seems valuable for topographical demonstration of epileptogenic lesions
and understanding the pathophysiological process of mental sweating.

Experienced

I forgot to mention that taking some baking soda a some salt can be used to stop the sweating immediately.
Does this really stop sweating? And would only taking baking soda have the same effects? If so I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

meatbag

Does this really stop sweating? And would only taking baking soda have the same effects? If so I'm gonna try it tomorrow.
yeah it works everytime. just be careful not to take too much at once, bwahahaha

malibumaniac

Caffeine increases glutamate and histamine, two things that will make you sweat more. So if you already have have high histamine and glutamate levels, you will sweat and be stimulated. Taking it with something like theanine would likely help with the sweating but I've found that theanine has other side effects that are too unpleasant as a long term solution.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals