Excessive Sweating And Heat Intolerance Advice?

PurpleHeart

Does anyone know of anything that can be done to reduce sweating and heat intolerance?

I cannot stand heat even when other people seem fine i am suffering from heat and sweat like hell.
Seems to be the case with my mom and grandmom too so i think that there might be a genetic link to it.

Although my father is the complete opposite always seems to be cold, he consumes a lot of pufa though and while i do try to make him reduce his consumption he doesn't seem to listen to me.
While me and my mom always consumed lots of sugar.(maybe a bit too much although we are both pretty slim especially me.)

Also stress definitely makes this worse but even when i am relaxed i still sweat way too much.

I might sit completely still and relaxed in my house and i drip of sweat also i don't know if i am right but in my experience caffeine actually makes this worse although this doesn't discourage me from drinking enough coffee to kill a baby elephant :PP.

I always look at how other people are dressed and wonder how the hell they are not sweating at all
while i wear half the clothes they do and i'm feeling so damn hot.

They only people who sweat as much as i do are very fat or obese people and since i am 1,83m tall
and 74 kg with good muscle mass my sweating doesn't make sense.

Since my metabolism is probably pretty bad considering i'm suffering from insomnia, mood swings, anxiety, depression, and addictions like too much alcohol, smoking, relying on coffee too much etc. indicating bad thyroid health i think that my sweating is caused by stress hormones.

it definitely is an unpleasant condition and i would really love to hear some opinions on how to reduce sweating and the mechanisms behind this.

Thanks in advance.

miki14

My situation was similar to yours, down to the height & weight. I have improved a bit.

My bet is on high adrenaline, it reduces blood flow in the extremities and in the skin to keep core temperature up, also lowers heat convection. If you get into a warmer climate sweating is the compensatory way for unloading heat.
When I was in the tropics I was sweating like crazy but my skin was cold to touch. The locals didn't sweat at all while being toasty warm on their skin.

1. The Standard Peat Diet should help:
- Pufa & liquids down.
- Sugar & SALT & calcium up with fruit, salt, milk & eggshells.

I want to stress eggshell calcium for relaxation, it's great. A loading phase of at least 5g / day for a few days might be helpful. Salt is key against sweating.

2. Track your temps & pulse, 36,8°C and 80 bpm is desirable. You might want to try a grain of ndt & some pregnenolone or progesterone for relaxation.

3. The golden bullet for me was the beta blocker propranolol, totally crushed my adrenaline surges and consequently my sweating crisis. Clonidine might be good too.

Step 1 might be enough to solve your problem. Good luck!

Last edited:

olive

Excessive sweating is a symptom of high estrogen and/or cortisol.

Regarding propranolol recommended above; it’s a great way to ruin your thyroid.

CLASH

I had bad hyperhydrosis, I was sweating profusely from under my arms all day, it often stopped at night. I had bad anxiety as well and muscle tension. I also got intermittent bouts of depression. I think when i ran too low fat for too long my body burned out from running on adrenaline, leading to depression. I cant use caffiene at all lol.

Increasing my fat intake significantly stopped this for me. I think when the diet is too low in fat the body uses adrenaline to release fatty acids from storage to power the musculature. I also think too low fat triggers the body to turn carbs into fat so that the fat can be released for musculature and other tissues that rely on fat at rest.

yerrag

How long, distance-wise, do you run before you feel tired?

OP
P

PurpleHeart

I had bad hyperhydrosis, I was sweating profusely from under my arms all day, it often stopped at night. I had bad anxiety as well and muscle tension. I also got intermittent bouts of depression. I think when i ran too low fat for too long my body burned out from running on adrenaline, leading to depression. I cant use caffiene at all lol.

Increasing my fat intake significantly stopped this for me. I think when the diet is too low in fat the body uses adrenaline to release fatty acids from storage to power the musculature. I also think too low fat triggers the body to turn carbs into fat so that the fat can be released for musculature and other tissues that rely on fat at rest.

Interesting theory but my fat intake isn't low I eat lots of cheese eggs olive oil etc.

Also I was born and raised in Greece
And I was raised by my grandma and she made sure to feed me enough cheese and olive oil to break the world record

yerrag

Well considering I am a smoker of 10 years I think my endurance is pretty good although I always walked a lot everyday
How about with running endurance? How long does it take before you quit?

Ron J

So even if your carb consumption isn't high enough to make your body produce its own fat(I think it was above 500g/600g if I remember correctly) it'll produce fat from carbs to feed your musculature? If so, what would be the bare minimum fat per meal to avoid this(not percentage of calories)?

miki14

So even if your carb consumption isn't high enough to make your body produce its own fat(I think it was above 500g/600g if I remember correctly) it'll produce fat from carbs to feed your musculature? If so, what would be the bare minimum fat per meal to avoid this(not percentage of calories)?
The human body burns about 900 kcal per day, mostly fat if resting, to just maintain its temperature at 37°C. That is 100g of fat. Eating more fat before sleeping reduces stress at night time/rest.

Cirion

Sweating excessively and heat intolerance is due to poor metabolism, is the long story short. Improve your metabolism, improve this problem. (as measured by temps and pulses primarily)

Ironically, when you feel hot, is often when you are actually cold (especially if you feel hot in room temperatures).

When I first started peating I sweated a lot at night (dumping heat), now it rarely happens.

Cirion

It's really individual. You should experiment with macros to see what gets your temps and pulses up. My experience is a complete 180 degree opposite of CLASH, only very high carb very low fat works for me. I can't necessarily deny his experiences, so you should ultimately do what works for you, so experiment with both and see what happens.

lampofred

I think it's due to excess acetylcholine. It's why men tend to sweat a lot more than women.

Ron J

The human body burns about 900 kcal per day, mostly fat if resting, to just maintain its temperature at 37°C. That is 100g of fat. Eating more fat before sleeping reduces stress at night time/rest.
Didn't know. Very helpful. I plan to first introduce some starch(additional calories), then I may experiment with fat. If it helps me achieve better sleep, it'll be worth it.
@Cirion Yes, when I start experimenting I'll update everyone that's interested.

OP
P

PurpleHeart

How about with running endurance? How long does it take before you quit?

Well I haven't tried this lately but I can probably sprint for 100 meters before stopping and it will most likely be because I'll be out of breath not muscle fatigue or overheating

yerrag

Well I haven't tried this lately but I can probably sprint for 100 meters before stopping and it will most likely be because I'll be out of breath not muscle fatigue or overheating
A sprint will take the wind out of anyone, but how about a regular jog? If you are easily fatigued and find yourself catching your breath barely 1 km into your jog, then you may have hypoxemia, where your blood carries little oxygen. Then you may want to consider the possibility you have mercury toxicity. And mercury toxicity could result in you heavily sweating. I had those problems before.

managing

A sprint will take the wind out of anyone, but how about a regular jog? If you are easily fatigued and find yourself catching your breath barely 1 km into your jog, then you may have hypoxemia, where your blood carries little oxygen. Then you may want to consider the possibility you have mercury toxicity. And mercury toxicity could result in you heavily sweating. I had those problems before.
Do you have a lot of mercury fillings?

I have always had a lot of the symptoms, but I've never had a filling. Ever. Of any kind.

And, although I eat a fair amount of seafood, growing up I ate virtually none at all (and have had the symptoms since I can remember). And no, my mother virtually never ate seafood. She did have two amalgam fillings before I was born, but I know of no theory linking them to fetal development.

lampofred

How did you fix the mercury toxicity? I was really social as a kid but developed autistic symptoms after getting mercury fillings. I have them all removed now but the symptoms still linger, and I have the excess sweating issue just as OP does. Reading your post made me remember I got mercury fillings as a kid, so maybe some mercury is still lingering in my tissues.

EDIT: or does the mercury not linger once the fillings are taken out?

yerrag

Do you have a lot of mercury fillings?

I have always had a lot of the symptoms, but I've never had a filling. Ever. Of any kind.

And, although I eat a fair amount of seafood, growing up I ate virtually none at all (and have had the symptoms since I can remember). And no, my mother virtually never ate seafood. She did have two amalgam fillings before I was born, but I know of no theory linking them to fetal development.
I had a lot of them before. Eleven. My teeth were just easy pickings for cavities, maybe I didn't have any calcium? I'd be amazed of a co-worker who says he's got perfect no-cavity teeth. Being peaty now, I realize it may have been that he likely drank a lot of milk.

Not only did I sweat a lot, but I would develop keloids after the sweating caused rashes and boils. I think the irritation from sweating caused the boils to occur, and being a wound, it would heal poorly and develop keloids. I think it was the lack of oxygen from mercury that caused the healing to be inpaired.

What symptoms were you having? Sweaty? And easily exhausted after a short run?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals