Sweating

Marvel

I used to be post-paleo hypothyroid, I believe. I was probably even hypothyroid before paleo. Giving up gluten etc helped me short term but long term didn't fix anything. Classic sugar avoidance story etc.

Anyway, I'm currently doing much better energy-wise, positive mental state etc, heartbeat is up, temps are up, I'm generally pretty normal...

BUT

I still haven't fixed my IBS (although think it's much better than it was).

And the worst thing is sweating. I'm currently sweating a lot, and in the trouser area. Or at least that's where it bothers me the most, but my armpits and brow are also generally pretty moist.

Does anyone have any advice about this particular symptom? Have I not lowered cortisol enough? Or could I somehow have increased it a bit by generally improving my ability to generate any sort of hormones?

I think general serotonin model fits my problems rather than specifically low thyroid. My metabolism is definitely improved. I'm slimmer and more energetic, but my worst (least tolerable) problems were always IBS-D and fatigue, now it's bouts of chronic sweating. Or chronic sweating with bouts of embarrassing gushing-like exudence.

Could it be part of a lessening edema state?

Any comments/tips/research leads/advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Parsifal

:wave: Marvel.

Are you sweating while moving a lot or exercising or even while doing nothing?
What is your current diet/supplements your are taking/temps/pulse/how old are you/weight/height?

I still have IBS myself and other gut issues and I'm planning to try the FODMAP protocol soon: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7860 I already feel a bit better since stopping to drink milk (I'm eating eggshell powder for calcium instead).

OP
M

Marvel

Hey :)

Moving does affect it, but not as quickly as if I get nervous. It's largely a paranoid self-inflicting loop, but then there is an IBS (need to poo, fear of needing to poo) aspect to stimulating the sweating.

Diet:

cornflakes and semi-skim milk
orange juice and other fruit
lattes
eggs
cola
potatoes with cheese for lunch usually, sometimes with some kind of mince and cheese but mostly just cheese
low fat cottage cheese with pineapple (or plain)
Jelly Babies
chocolate in moderation
ice cream

It's not religiously like this, but generally pretty strictly tubers, fruit, dairy, eggs, low pufa.

Thanks for the response

OP
M

Marvel

P.S. I'm 34, I weigh about 70-75kg and I'm 5ft 8".

I feel much better eating dairy as my primary protein source than meat. I also feel better lower fat than higher fat, but it's hard to never eat any fat - things definitely taste better with butter. Or milk with the fat.

I think excess meat consumption and low sugar and milk contributed to a lot of the poor state I'm recovering on. If only I'd found Peat before years of being mostly paleo.

Motif

@Marvel

Hi! Did you find out what causes the sweating for you?

I was sure it's a fat digestion thing for me, cause when I took ox bile it was gone.

But rn ox bile doesn't help.
Since drinking a lot of vodka a month ago my sweating is so much worse. No idea if this caused it.

Anybody knows what could be the reason for me that I'm sweating that much rn?

Magnesium deficiency could be a reason?
I stopped smoking too a week ago

Runenight201

It’s crazy how quickly meat raises my body temp, but I’m not sure if it’s in a healthy way. Instead of feeling warm and good, I’ll feel hot and uncomfortable. I’ve stopped eating meat as a result and the amount of times I’m hot and uncomfortable has decreased.

In my opinion excess sweating is usually the result of some type of macro/micro nutritional imbalance. Trial and error are the best way to find out what foods give clean energy and which foods create inflammation, excess heat, and as a result sweat.

When I get my diet wrong I suffer from real bad excess sweating and anxiety, getting it right decreases it a lot.