C Vitamin As Dessert Is Nice?

Prosper

I have noticed that a meal feels more "complete" when I dip my thumb in a bag of powdered ascorbic acid and then lick it. One lick is nice, two often too, but by the third dip'n'lick I just don't feel the need to eat it anymore.

Could powdered C vitamin taken by itself be viewed as some kind of digestive aid? I remember reading how OJ attacks endotoxins, mostly due to its high vitamin c content. Benefits? Drawbacks?

InChristAlone

Don't worry about iron. Just take in between meals or all right in the morning like I do. Vitamin C is essential for iron/copper metabolism.

x-ray peat

Don't worry about iron. Just take in between meals or all right in the morning like I do. Vitamin C is essential for iron/copper metabolism.
I agree. I think he was asking about taking vitamin c with food though

Frankdee20

Yes, it should be taken on empty stomach

OP
Prosper

Prosper

I feel same way about iron. It seems unlikely that iron from real foods is going to be a problem. I understand that the situation in the US is such that iron is added to many ingredients. That will of course cause its own set of problems.

What I am more worried about is the rumored heavy metal content of C vitamin extracts. Does anyone hav balanced and illuminating input to this? Is there large variation between manufacturers? At what doses should this become a relevant concern? Doesn't C vitamin help in getting rid of many excess metals such as iron anyways?

Arnold Grape

Wait - Would you mind me asking how much you take at once because I have heard that it's better to space Ascorbic Acid throughout the day, so as to increase the ability to absorb it.

InChristAlone

Wait - Would you mind me asking how much you take at once because I have heard that it's better to space Ascorbic Acid throughout the day, so as to increase the ability to absorb it.
Yeah I used to try to take it as often as I can but I think I do better taking it all in the morning. Just have to experiment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals