Bromantane reduces liver fibrosis by 60%, kidney fibrosis by 50%

Mauritio

This study shows that Bromantane significantly and impressively reduced liver fibrosis by up to 60% in a mouse model and is now in stage 2 clinical trials for treating NASH and chronic kidney fibrosis.
I've repeatedly seen stated that those dosages aren't used in humans ,but that's actually not true.
The 60% fibrosis reduction came from a HED of 200-300mg of bromantane . Definitely on the higher side, but achievable . Especially given the fact hat there's is no medication currently approved to treat liver fibrosis.
20210513_112019.jpg

Now they also tested a lower dosage which still came down to a 42% reduction in liver fibrosis.
This dosage had a HED of only 100-150mg !

Screenshot_20210513-111943_Drive.jpg

This article mentions that bromantane also reduced chronic kidney fibrosis by more than 50%.
(Algernon Pharmaceuticals Announces Russian Athletic Performance Enhancing Drugs Bemethyl (NP-135) and Bromantane (NP-160) Exhibited Potent Anti-Fibrotic Activity in NASH and CKD Studies)

This was more than 2 years ago and unfortunately I couldnt find any updates on those clinical trials. Which might be a blessing in disguise, as they're of course trying to make it into a licensed medication, which would make it a lot harder to source and use for the generell population.

Look at the file below . Bromantane is NP-160.
Btw the other compound that was even more effective (80% reduction in liver fibrosis) was bemethyl ,another very interesting actoprotector by the Russians.

Attachments

• Algernon-NASH-Congress-2019 (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Bromantane seems to be anti-endotoxin and anti-inflammatory too .

cjm

This study shows that Bromantane significantly and impressively reduced liver fibrosis by up to 60% in a mouse model and is now in stage 2 clinical trials for treating NASH and chronic kidney fibrosis.
I've repeatedly seen stated that those dosages aren't used in humans ,but that's actually not true.
The 60% fibrosis reduction came from a HED of 200-300mg of bromantane . Definitely on the higher side, but achievable . Especially given the fact hat there's is no medication currently approved to treat liver fibrosis. View attachment 23464

Now they also tested a lower dosage which still came down to a 42% reduction in liver fibrosis.
This dosage had a HED of only 100-150mg !

View attachment 23465

This article mentions that bromantane also reduced chronic kidney fibrosis by more than 50%.
(Algernon Pharmaceuticals Announces Russian Athletic Performance Enhancing Drugs Bemethyl (NP-135) and Bromantane (NP-160) Exhibited Potent Anti-Fibrotic Activity in NASH and CKD Studies)

This was more than 2 years ago and unfortunately I couldnt find any updates on those clinical trials. Which might be a blessing in disguise, as they're of course trying to make it into a licensed medication, which would make it a lot harder to source and use for the generell population.

Look at the file below . Bromantane is NP-160.
Btw the other compound that was even more effective (80% reduction in liver fibrosis) was bemethyl ,another very interesting actoprotector by the Russians.

Russians right again! Nice post. Would love to see more on bemethyl:

1620935675996.png

Aad

What dosage of bemethyl? And will it also work against kudney fibrosis?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

What dosage of bemethyl? And will it also work against kudney fibrosis?
The dosage seemed very high about 1,3g for a human. And yes also for kidney fibrosis.
Russians right again! Nice post. Would love to see more on bemethyl:

View attachment 23479
Yes, they make it seem so easy haha .
I was reading up on it a few months ago ,but a forum member told me he didnt feel much from it and I found much more reports from people who took bromantane ,that's why I went with this one.

@Lokzo Made a post about it on his website .
I think it is the original actoprotector .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"The data obtained suggest that the positive effect of bromantan on the physical efficiency is associated not only with its psychostimulating action but also with the membrane-protecting effect."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

So bromantane not only increases dopamine via increasing tyrosine hydroxilase, but also it's a SDRI (selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor) !
While not influencing serotonin levels directly.
(Indirectly lowering it through dopamine's TPH inhibiton )

"Ladasten in a single dose of 50 mg/kg (i.p.) stimulated ex vivo dopamine biosynthesis and release in striatum, without any influence on serotonin formation neither in striatum nor in frontal cortex."

"Both ladasten and sydnocarb inhibited the active transport of dopamine in rat striatal synaptosomes at IC50 = 3.56 microM and 28.66 nM, respectively, but failed to influence the serotonin re-uptake in rat frontal cortex."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Also on reddit I have read multiple times that the anti-cholinergoc activity is only active in super high doses (they are afraid that anti-cholinergics cause alzheimers) ,which seeks to be false. Actually the lower dosages of a human equivalent of 400mg was more anticholinergic than the super high dosage of 800mg.
It actually seems to be cholinergic in super high and in normal or high doses anti-cholinergic .

"Behavioral effects of bromantane in doses of 30 and 600 mg/kg were associated with stimulation of the central dopamine and suppression of muscarinic and nicotinic cholinergic structures, n-cholinolytic effects of bromantane was more pronounced at a dose of 30 mg/kg than at a dose of 600 mg/kg."

"Cholinergic components of the neurotropic effect of:bromantane are poorly expressed and manifest at high doses [3]"

grithin

Behavioral effects of bromantane in doses of 30 and 600 mg/kg were associated with stimulation of the central dopamine and suppression of muscarinic and nicotinic cholinergic structures, n-cholinolytic effects of bromantane was more pronounced at a dose of 30 mg/kg than at a dose of 600 mg/kg

This was my experience when I tested it years ago. Greater willingness to act (more dopamine) towards unwise things (less choline) (dosing from, if I recall, ~60mg to 300mg)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

grithin

So you attribute this to less acetylcholine ?

At the time, I just attributed it to increased dopamine resulting in faster (less thought through) more impulse driven decision making. But the reaction could also be explained by an accompanying drop in information processing.

suppression of {muscarinic and nicotinic cholinergic structures}, [and] n-cholinolytic effects of bromantane

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

At the time, I just attributed it to increased dopamine resulting in faster (less thought through) more impulse driven decision making. But the reaction could also be explained by an accompanying drop in information processing.
Oh okay I didn't know you were just speculating.
I thought maybe that's a generell thing that I haven't heard about.

GorillaHead

Anyone else experimenting with bromantane. I just ordered some on the way this week.
I really am curious about the effects on skin. Peripheral Blood flow

Aad

Interesting to find out if it also works for pulmonary fibrosis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals