Boost Serotonin

Prosper

Low serotonin feels very unnatural; it's not stressful, but it involves lethargy, disassociation, feeling the world is slower than usual, overly present-oriented, and feelings of lightness (not always euphoric lightness, but distance from the self.) The closest metaphor may be if one vacuumed out the ego and left the soul.
I think low serotonin can be psychologically beneficial only when your reward system is working well. Combining it with chronically low dopamine does not sound fun.

Athletic

Doesn't dopamin antagonize serotonin? So low serotonin means automatically high dopamin and vice versa?!

Constatine

Doesn't dopamin antagonize serotonin? So low serotonin means automatically high dopamin and vice versa?!
You would think so but dopamine and serotonin often rise and fall together. They do antagonize some of each other's functions though.

OP
A

Aidin91

It was helpful, Thanks to mention them.
IT feels a little different for me. Though I agree with the loss of ego. For me it feels like absolute peace and awareness. My energy with low serotonin is typically high as I am more "playful" but I cannot bring myself to focus on work related tasks. My head is very clear with low serotonin but it is a state that i would not want prolonged as like you said, it feels quite unnatural. High serotonin seems to isolate you in your own head while low serotonin seems to open your mind to the world so much you lose the ego.
So concentrating issues, low energy, sleep disturbances are symptoms of the High serotonin ?
I really love when my head is clear and I fell free and no obsessions enter mind.
Yes you should decrease it.

I would do aspirin, caffeine, thiamine, and niacinamide. If this doesn't work try feverfew with it.

Flouxetine is a strange drug, it has both antagonist and agonist action regarding serotonin. It blocks some receptors while being an agonist to others. It does raise serum serotonin though which is very bad for the body.
So how you reduced your serotonin levels ?does these things that you mentioned sufficient ? and what is proper dosage for a little and highly elevated serotonin levels?

I think low serotonin can be psychologically beneficial only when your reward system is working well. Combining it with chronically low dopamine does not sound fun.

But there's nothing left to reward...

MOUNTAINBEAR

Things that lower or oppose serotonin:
  • Niacinamide (as long as there are ample surgars)
  • BCAAs, glycine, tryosine, and maybe proline
  • Carbon dioxide
  • Caffeine
  • Thyroid
  • Aspirin
  • Ample sodium
  • Light (especially red light- late or early sun)
  • General relaxation - lack of stress
  • Feverfew
  • Lisuride, Metergoline, etc
  • Zinc (increase serotonin uptake)
  • Thiamine
  • Adamantane and its derivatives
  • Anything that improves digestion
  • DHT along with many other androgens
  • Progesterone
  • Shilajit
  • l-theanine
  • Vitamin D
  • Cypro

Things to increase serotonin...which I do not recommend

• Ashwagandha
  • Tryptophan
  • St. John's Wort
  • High dose B6 (though this seems to oppose serotonin in many ways as well)

Hi Constatine, where did you see that AShwagandha increases serotonin?

Constatine

OP
A

Aidin91

are severe psoriasis, shyness and cold feet symptoms of high serotonin? or they do not relate at all.

OP
A

Aidin91

One of the stronger ones is Adamantane (Haidut's Diamant). It can also potentiate any supplement you take it with. So if you take it with another anti-serotonin substance you can get even greater effects. Have you tried this one? I would read up on it first though, there is a lot more research on its derivative memantine. It is a great substance but if you take too much it can have dissociative effects (in some people).
would you mind to mention things like adamantane(I don't have access to it) ? the supplements that you are pretty sure reduce the serotonin significantly.
how about Charcoal and ginger?

Constatine

would you mind to mention things like adamantane(I don't have access to it) ? the supplements that you are pretty sure reduce the serotonin significantly.
how about Charcoal and ginger?
I don't get good serotonin reducing effects from either of those (even though they should reduce serotonin). What have you tried so far? Niacinamide is a very strong serotonin reducer. Especially when paired with aspirin and caffeine. The niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine combo was very beneficial for me when I took it.

OP
A

Aidin91

I don't get good serotonin reducing effects from either of those (even though they should reduce serotonin). What have you tried so far? Niacinamide is a very strong serotonin reducer. Especially when paired with aspirin and caffeine. The niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine combo was very beneficial for me when I took it.
Taurine, Gelatin, Feverfew, Caffeine, Lysine, aspirin and lavender oil.(aspirin, Caffeine, Feverfew in same time as you suggested)how much aspirin do you suggest?
Can I use B3 insted of niacinamide?

Constatine

Taurine, Gelatin, Feverfew, Caffeine, Lysine, aspirin and lavender oil.(aspirin, Caffeine, Feverfew in same time as you suggested)how much aspirin do you suggest?
Can I use B3 insted of niacinamide?
Niacin (traditional b3) can boost serotonin. Only niacinamide lowers it. You don't need to overdo the aspirin. 325 mg should be enough in combination. You can always up the dose if you feel you need more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals