Does Persistent High Serotonin Levels Cause Heart Problems?

m1210

I’ve experienced several episodes of serotonin toxicity/syndrome over the past few months and believe that my body still takes a lot of time to get rid of serotonin. Every time I have an episode it always involves the heart and when the other symptoms are gone, mild heart pain persists. I read of this condition called carcinoid heart disease, basically it’s a heart disease caused to too much serotonin (secreted by tumor). But since the culprit is mainly serotonin, can people with chronically high levels of serotonin be at risk for some type of heart problem? I’m already experiencing persistent mild heart pain and I’ve only had this serotonin problem for about 3 months. Kind of scared

Hello!

Yes, stimulating serotonin receptors can cause heart problems. Drugs such as LSD, although they are mostly anti-serotoninergic, they do stimulate the serotonin receptors in the heart valve, causing fibrosis there. Drugs such as cyproheptadine can oppose the activation of said receptors. I think I read in a study that serotonin can cause muscle degeneration, and since serotonin lowers the metabolism, it makes sense that it would cause degeeration of other parts of the body. If you think you have high serotonin, taking measures against it will help. Try these:
-grated carrot
-niacinamide
-lysine
-theanine
-enough protein
-gelatina
-vitamin k2
If you feel like these aren't enough, maybe it's time to use something stronger, like cyproheptadine or famotidine. May I ask what you diet is like currently?

Capt Nirvana

I’ve experienced several episodes of serotonin toxicity/syndrome over the past few months and believe that my body still takes a lot of time to get rid of serotonin. Every time I have an episode it always involves the heart and when the other symptoms are gone, mild heart pain persists. I read of this condition called carcinoid heart disease, basically it’s a heart disease caused to too much serotonin (secreted by tumor). But since the culprit is mainly serotonin, can people with chronically high levels of serotonin be at risk for some type of heart problem? I’m already experiencing persistent mild heart pain and I’ve only had this serotonin problem for about 3 months. Kind of scared

Capt Nirvana

Serotonin and lipofuscin get married and live happily in the hereafter, uh, er, ever after, in the lysosome. Shrunken Heart Disease is only one variety of Yellow Fat Disease (cumulative lipofuscinosis).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals