Headache-Fluoxetine

Aidin91

Hi
I am 25 y/o male who suffering from severe headache, high blood pressure and very high heart rate. I want to ask about exact mechanism of the fluoxetine(I know it boosts serotonin,but i think in my case serotonin is one of the problems) because it helped me a lot but when I stopped to take it, the symptoms return with higher degree.
thanks a lot

Sucrates

In the synapse it increases serotonin initially, then after a number of weeks serotonin in the synapse is lowered. It also increases brain allopregnanolone, possibly as a protective reaction to the drug. The effect on synaptic serotonin might be irrelevant to your headache.

I think either pregnenolone or progesterone would increase allopreg, you could search the forum for that. Cyproheptadine can help headaches, along with aspirin, coffee/caffeine, low dose LSD/Psilocybin and low dose tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline is much more effective for me than tetracycline. They all alter serotoninergic activity in some ways.

This paper has good resources on serotonin and fluoextine, it's a lot of reading though.
http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0149763415000287

OP
A

Aidin91

In the synapse it increases serotonin initially, then after a number of weeks serotonin in the synapse is lowered. It also increases brain allopregnanolone, possibly as a protective reaction to the drug. The effect on synaptic serotonin might be irrelevant to your headache.

I think either pregnenolone or progesterone would increase allopreg, you could search the forum for that. Cyproheptadine can help headaches, along with aspirin, coffee/caffeine, low dose LSD/Psilocybin and low dose tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline is much more effective for me than tetracycline. They all alter serotoninergic activity in some ways.

This paper has good resources on serotonin and fluoextine, it's a lot of reading though.
http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0149763415000287
that was a great information, actually it was excatly my case at first it increased my headache then decreased it over the time.thanks Sucrates.
how about it's effect on other neurotransmitters?

Sucrates

that was a great information, actually it was excatly my case at first it increased my headache then decreased it over the time.thanks Sucrates.
how about it's effect on other neurotransmitters?

I don't know anything about it's effects on other NTs unfortunately...

Sucrates

Propranolol is another serotonin antagonist used for headache/migraine. If a low dose is effective it might be useful. Higher doses lower pulse too much and decrease ability for high intensity activity. Doses affect people differently, but somewhere around the 40mg range it might have negative effects.