Betty White's secrets to a Long Life: Avoid anything green

akgrrrl

You always hear “I had a feeling/I knew something was up/I told them not to go” when people talk about life or death situations.

Sounds like having a sound mental state means better ability to embrace the intuition designed to keep you alive.

If your mind is always cluttered, you won’t be able to listen.

——
As an aside, the “ate everything” put in front of them crowd. Our food has DRASTICALLY changed in 50 years. My MIL/FIL died in their 50s. My dad at 64 and my mom is barely hanging on at 66. Only one of my immediate family members made it past 80. So I’m investing in food insurance and not health insurance.
This is the idea. Those elders and some Boomers had a good FOUNDATION for health, because food drastically changed about 1972. If you were raised on GMO foods, MonsantoRoundup, fluoride, chlorine, 15 vaccines before age 10, meats and dairy from animals fed GMO and grain sprayed with Pufa oils... there can be no comparison.

My great grandfather lived to 108. He loved American Chinese food and he ate Puerto Rican rice and beans daily. He had a lot of stress in his younger years. His wife left him as a single dad with 12 kids ( yes, you read that right.) He walked EVERYWHERE and there was no stopping him. He'd leave and someone would call my grandmother saying they saw pop walking miles away. He moved to Florida after his 102 birthday, so I never saw him after that but he was in his right mind then.
A very inspiring man!

opethfeldt

The supercentenarians look like they have absolutely no concern for age. Or even (gulp) health.

They’re just living & having a good time doing it.
If you're always seeking ways to improve your health, you're sending a signal to your body you lack it and the body responds accordingly. We have to be careful what we focus our attention on. The goal should always be to just enjoy life and be present at all times.

There's barely a rhyme or reason why people live to be 100 and others die at 50 of a heart attack. Maybe it comes down to mental stress. The people who have a lot of mental stress could be the ones to die young.
I think it is as Betty White said, it more about being a negative person verses a positive person.

One thing I notice with long lived people is they do NOT eat variety. They eat very much habitually. Whatever it is, it’s always the same, or at least the same on Thursday and every Thursday the same. They do not go for variety.
Yeah they know what digests well and makes them feel good

The supercentenarians look like they have absolutely no concern for age. Or even (gulp) health.

They’re just living & having a good time doing it.
Positivity and fun is they key to a healthy life, and staying busy. TV watching and sitting is a slow death. I would say suppliments are too.

LucyL

Possibly.
She also always liked milkshakes, oysters, and black coffee all day and before bed.

I found out though (after stupidly doing a 23nMe test) that her mom's mom was pure ashkenazi jewish.
?
Nice! So COVID won't get her :):

Cloudhands

There are some, like Annette Larkins and Roger Haeske.

I agree with the previous comments that Durianrider is highly-stressed. Besides the high physical activity, he is also an angry person. He's an ***hole.

Ninety years is basically the limit for anyone who wants to be an athlete, political activist, soldier, or intellectual. To live to be 110 I think you have to be kinda laissez faire and be very frugal with the adrenal glands.

yerrag

I wonder had she said she avoided statins and blood pressure medication and cholesterol lowering drugs if she would be assassinated before she got to 100.

Regina

Relative of yours?

Haha definitely.

The test did pick up my heritage correctly though. It just said something like, 'almost entirely northern european with a bit of Ashkenazi jew'.
I thought lol. What a stupid test.
I mentioned it to my sister and she told me the story of Great Gramma Hanna. My sister had just finished putting together a memoir and slideshow for my mom--which included many photos and stories of Hanna.

Regina

My great grandfather lived to 108. He loved American Chinese food and he ate Puerto Rican rice and beans daily. He had a lot of stress in his younger years. His wife left him as a single dad with 12 kids ( yes, you read that right.) He walked EVERYWHERE and there was no stopping him. He'd leave and someone would call my grandmother saying they saw pop walking miles away. He moved to Florida after his 102 birthday, so I never saw him after that but he was in his right mind then.
HAH! What a story!

FredSonoma

Where did he move from? Do you know if he liked Florida?

Regina

This is the idea. Those elders and some Boomers had a good FOUNDATION for health, because food drastically changed about 1972. If you were raised on GMO foods, MonsantoRoundup, fluoride, chlorine, 15 vaccines before age 10, meats and dairy from animals fed GMO and grain sprayed with Pufa oils... there can be no comparison.
So true.

Perry Staltic

uhmm I can think of trans fat hydrogenated oils, DDT, amalgam fillings, most boomers drank chlorinated/flouridated water, PCBs, nuclear fallout, leaded gasoline, lead paint, water and air pollution were a lot worse, food was more polluted with additives and chemicals

Herbie

Probably had nothing to do with greens, but mostly due to genes
People who lack intelligence, especially the academics love to to dismiss a persons experience and wisdom and put it down to which brands of jeans but I would say she probably had an easy life without hardship.

seely

uhmm I can think of trans fat hydrogenated oils, DDT, amalgam fillings, most boomers drank chlorinated/flouridated water, PCBs, nuclear fallout, leaded gasoline, lead paint, water and air pollution were a lot worse, food was more polluted with additives and chemicals
Not always.

My grandpa just died at 95.

He never had a filling and all his original teeth. Never had antibiotics as a child. He broke his pinky and it was crooked forever! He lived in the city so never had “polio”

He did have two vaccines as a child (one of which caused his brother to jump off the deep end), plus a handful in the military. He was a brown shoe on the land office- so he thinks he was exempt as he just did paperwork.

He was VERY intelligent and generally an easy going person.

His mother lived to be 98. She was a very simple woman and had her simple routine.

They had raw milk with every meal. Breakfast was oatmeal with butter, milk and sugar. With scrambled eggs and seasonal fruit.

There’s something to be said for an easy disposition, good nutrition, and loving family

angelina

Where did he move from? Do you know if he liked Florida?
He was born in Puerto Rico in 1893 and came to Pennsylvania in 1922 with his young wife. He lived in Philadelphia until he moved to Florida. He went there for care by one of my grandmother's younger brothers. My grandmother was in her late sixties by then, and in a not so great area for Pop to be walking around. I heard he was happy and doing well there, but I never saw him after he left.

Perry Staltic

That was just off the top of my head. Forgot about asbestos, secondhand smoke (smoking was permitted almost everywhere), lead water pipes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals