Baking soda increase thirst

Pompadour

Hello to all!
Yesterday evening i tryed 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with 50mg of aspirin. First it made me very sleepy and i saw vivid dreams, like a lot of people report.
But this morning i feel edema and increased thirst. I already drank 3 cups of water with breakfast and still thirsty.
What is going on? Is it normal?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Of course it does increase thirst. When the baking soda hits the stomach acid, it converts into salt and CO2. The increased salt intake makes you thirsty.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

Thank you for the reply, StephanF, i thouth also in this direction. But the thirst was even worse , if compare with too much salt. I was not prepared to this! Ok, i will try a little bit less of soda next time , and see if it will be better after.

Ras

Thank you for the reply, StephanF, i thouth also in this direction. But the thirst was even worse , if compare with too much salt. I was not prepared to this! Ok, i will try a little bit less of soda next time , and see if it will be better after.
If your goal is to increase bodily alkalinity, you're better of taking potassium citrate.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

I think i have to give up on baking soda. Even a very small quantity gives me major waterretention , increased thirst and increased urination (i even thought, my bloodsugar is out of control , but it was in my normal range).
It seems , my kidneys don't like it at all. :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals