Feel like ***t PANICK ATTACK and anxiety since Peat! Please help

LoLo

Hello everybody,

1week ago i think I took to much Taurine or bad quality, this gave me a big stomach pain with swollen lower abdominals. So two days ago I begun a recovery diet of only low fat lactose free diet and fruits (oj and bananas), no more coffee or taurine. For first time in my life, yesterday I had like a panick attack without apparent reasons, I had to go to ER who told me it was simply a stress reaction. I don't think so. This morning I feel like sh*t, terribly bad! Like a constant anxiety feeling, like I'm going to die. I took a teaspoon of baking soda with aspirin and it was worse so I took 2 teaspoons of activated charcoal and it's only a bit better. I had to say for the first time of my life I m desesperate I really don't know what to do now? I'm a male, 25 years old, this is not normal. Why baking soda and aspirin made it worse? Is it alkalosis? A bacteria?

Re: Feel like s*** PANICK ATTACK and anxiety since Peat! Please help

You need to eat one large carrot every day. My other advice is to make sure when you eat sugar that it is well dissolved in something.

OP
L

LoLo

I took the carrot salad or just one carrot everyday religiously for 3-4 months. It was just yesterday and the other day I limit my diet to milk and bananas. Normal diet is 2 quarts of fat free milk or lowfat lactose free milk, 1 quart of oj, fruits and a little meal with family most nights. Since 2 weeks I was doing aspirin+caffeine+taurine, don't know if I push my body too hard. Also, now I have diarrhea. I have to say I m a bit afraid, f***k.

Thanks for your help.

Attakai

How much coffee or caffeine had you been consuming before you suddenly stopped? It could that you're having a caffeine withdrawal.

halken

Do you have ADHD, OCD or some kind of neurotic disorder?

OP
L

LoLo

No, no neurotic disorder. I was consuming between 10 and 12 italian coffee, with moka machine (not espresso). I always loved coffee but I stopped 2 days ago to let my terribly swollen stomach. The thing is I don't know what to do now. I took 45gr activated charcoal the night before the panic attack, 15 in the morning, then attack in the afternoon yesterday I took 15 gr activated charcoal now as I m having stomach gas, and a continuous anxiety state!

OP
L

LoLo

*To let my terribly swollen stomach heal

jyb

LoLo said:
So two days ago I begun a recovery diet of only low fat lactose free diet and fruits (oj and bananas), no more coffee or taurine.

Your diet is specific... It's special milk (lactose free) and you have no fat for example. I don't see why you'd keep to something so specific if you feel terrible. Food shouldn't leave you this bad, no matter whether you take a carrot or not. Especially since anxiety feelings are very related to diet, for me it's a typical symptom of low quality diet which triggers stressful hunger (which is easily avoided with a good diet).

Attakai

Yeah if you had been having 10 coffees a day and then suddenly stopped you are for certain experiencing a caffeine withdrawal, whether it is the main issue or not it is definitely contributing to it. Trust me, I have quit coffee for various reasons a few time, and each time I felt like absolute ***t for 4-5 days before I started feeling normal again.

tara

What were you eating before you changed to current diet, and were you having these issues then?
Coffee withdrawal seems a possible contributor.

As an immediate measure, you could try bag-breathing to see if it stops panic attacks. They often involve low CO2 levels, which bag breathing can help raise. Or go for a gentle walk with your mouth closed. If you want to easily check general tissue pH, you can get pH test strips to measure UpH. Measure several times at different times of day. If they average much above 6.8, too alkaline. Much below 6.2, too acid.

OP
L

LoLo

Actually i m trying to introduce peat s idea since december 2014. Before, I was eating a typical occidental diet, all meals with family, lot of grains and olive oil. I took for a few days a very high dose of taurine, as much as 35-40 gr. I think this is perhaps a taurine intoxication, hoping that I can heal that and it s not a permanent brain or kidney damage !

InChristAlone

Yes caffeine withdrawal can make you feel pretty bad, but I went through that a few months ago and it just gave me a pounding headache with some nausea. I get panic attacks from not enough sugar, I had a severe panic attack one night and went to the ER only to be told I had anxiety. I can now stop them if I take sugar immediately. I tried the AC thing thinking I had some kind of endotoxin poisoning or something and that didn't do anything, you have to get the adrenaline down. Pound the sugar for a while. And for sure don't panic, you are not going to die, no one has died of adrenaline.

InChristAlone

Also, if you went to a low fat diet quickly thats a HUGE stress to the body, you have to adapt to using sugar. An epsom salt bath can help with the anxiety.

artemis

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I second Tara's suggestion of bag breathing. It really should help. A few other things you could try: lots of salt, some progesterone, some niacinamide.

Certainly don't want to add to your stress, but I have to say I have a bit of a problem with the way you chose to word your title. You've been Peating since December, and just got these symptoms in the last few days, after taking unusually large doses of taurine and cutting out caffeine at the same time? But you say you "feel like s***, PANIC ATTACK and anxiety since Peat?" Really, since Peat? Seems kind of unfair to put it that way. Taking large doses of taurine and cutting out caffeine are definitely not "Peat."

Xisca

Hello Lolo,
I think I know several things that could be worth for you to see if it is relevant for you.
You mention having some meal with the family in the evening: what do you eat then? Did you remove all starches?
For example, I can eat sweet stuff ONLY if I eat no starch at all. Or else it seems that the sugar is making me feel bad.
About sugar, Peat says that fruits are best, if ripe.
I also have some belly problems if I do not eat some whole fruits and / or veggies, a little every day on a regular basis. Also some fat acts as lubrifying.
Then, any change is stressful for the body. And a lot of something is not better than not enough. Speaking about hypothyroidid for example, hyper is not to be looked for. And too much taurine either.

I have been eating sweeter and less fat for a few days, and I also experienced some intestine disorders, and nervous ones as well, though not as much as you. I can feel more energy, I feel I am doing good, but that there is some sort of fighting into my body.
Relax and trust your body. It is working on its own without our minds! Our minds are just trying to explain everything, and I understand that it makes you afraid of something going bad.

I am trained in somatic experiencing from Peter Levine, so this help me understand stress and how a body deals with it. Any present stress makes ancient ones go to the surface, when they are related. As I had intoxication, I know that anything that triggers my inside balance triggers this old trauma.

Your body will mend any damage from the taurine, if any. It is very possible that if your mind can believe it, BUT your body (nervous system) may not. If you already had an experinece with "damage", for example an accident, and were afraid of the damage (the consequesnces), then that can trigger a panic attack just because your body REMEMBERS this, even if your mind does not. It can even be something that you totally forgot.

I just try to give you examples so that you can look for yourself into your exeprience. In my case I was just too young to remember, but astonishly, when my mind wanders to thoughts about poisoning, then I notice that there is something like even a light smoke around... The body is an incredible universe!

Xisca

And I second Janelle, as I can feel that it is not so easy to readapt to sugar. It makes me nervous...

I also agree with this of CO2. I know a way about relaxing muscles, by inducing a parasympathetic state, and the following exercise helps it: breath in, breath out, and hold your breath with empty lungs, only 8 seconds is enough, or less if hard. The next breath in has to be normal, without urgency, so no effort to keep the breath longer. The holding must also be without any special muscular effort. the extra CO2 helped relaxing muscles, even doing it once.

LoLo said:
I took the carrot salad or just one carrot everyday religiously for 3-4 months. It was just yesterday and the other day I limit my diet to milk and bananas. Normal diet is 2 quarts of fat free milk or lowfat lactose free milk, 1 quart of oj, fruits and a little meal with family most nights. Since 2 weeks I was doing aspirin+caffeine+taurine, don't know if I push my body too hard. Also, now I have diarrhea. I have to say I m a bit afraid, f***k.

Thanks for your help.

Does your back hurt? Is your urine weird or painful?

answersfound

Antihistamines!!!

Stop eating random ***t with an intellectual desire to balance out your body like it is a chemistry experiment. Go eat some good meals, drink some water, get some rest, and stop hyper-managing everything.

LoLo said:
*To let my terribly swollen stomach heal

Gut irritation releases serotonin...that could make you panicky and feel like sh*t.

How's yer belly now, any improvement?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals