Aspirin lowers temperature?

chimp

Taking ~800mg of aspirin for a few days causes my temperatures to drop a whole degree. I'm usually around 98.6 F without aspirin but now I'm sitting in the mid 97s on aspirin. I'm wondering why this is and does this correlate with my thyroid function? Is my Cortisol getting lowered such that my energy is reliant solely on thyroid?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Taking ~800mg of aspirin for a few days causes my temperatures to drop a whole degree. I'm usually around 98.6 F without aspirin but now I'm sitting in the mid 97s on aspirin. I'm wondering why this is and does this correlate with my thyroid function? Is my Cortisol getting lowered such that my energy is reliant solely on thyroid?
It could be because it lowers cortisol. Also because it blocks lipolysis and now your body has to create energy from carbs and it's not that good at it.
Make sure you eat a big breakfast and take 1.5g aspirin and see if that helps.

A higher dose will uncouple you more.

AlaskaJono

Yo Chimp, Where y'at? I was born in Nola. Moving on....

I took 2.5 g aspirin a day for 3 months in an effort to do sumpin' sumpin. Basically nothing much happened that I am aware of. NOTHING. No poop change, temperature change, blood thinning, sleep patterns, etc.. . I did this protocol with a few other sups to get some diminishing of skin patches. I agree with Hans that you should eat a big breakfast, protein carbs fats, and then have some aspirin water . .... Eat first. Also, you might not be getting thermogenic very easily. Like today unusually I had 2 spelt toast with butter and cheese, and then some OJ. For lunch, a bit late - 1;00 we had Risotto leftovers and beef stew. Instantly I was warm. It is 2 C low and 14 C high here. 34F and 57F high. So my system is working. For this much anyways......

How much food you eat? how much movement, excercise, etc.??

It could be because it lowers cortisol. Also because it blocks lipolysis and now your body has to create energy from carbs and it's not that good at it.
Make sure you eat a big breakfast and take 1.5g aspirin and see if that helps.

A higher dose will uncouple you more.
Is there any risk with that high dose and how much K2 do you have to match that with? Would you also need to lower your fat completely to take advantage of your body using sugars?

gaze

ive had this, usually when the temp is being elevated by some sort of chronic inflammatory agent like a mild infection, bad food, etc. the lowered temp should coincide with a calming effect and lower HR too, which is a good thing.

GTW

Aspirin uncouples mitochondria, generating more heat, but also lowers your body temp set point. All is good if you are able to dissipate the heat.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is there any risk with that high dose and how much K2 do you have to match that with? Would you also need to lower your fat completely to take advantage of your body using sugars?
I've used high dose aspirin without vit K2 without issues. All the studies with high dose aspirin or sodium salicylate didn't use K2.

However, some people are really sensitive to the blood thinning effect of aspirin and benefit from adding vit K.

Aspirin mainly inhibits lipolysis, so dietary shouldn't be an issue since aspirin doesn't inhibit fat oxidation to a significant extent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals