Are Black Men More Androgenic On Average Compared To Other Races?

T

TheBeard

except that I shared a study, not dumb generalizations

Your commenting that most people here came up with « racial clichés » has nothing to do with the study on e2:T ratios you posted.

Clichés usually have a truth grounding and are often time the assumptions that lead to the undertake of studies, so clichés shouldn’t be repressed in fear of political incorrectness.

Hope I’m making myself clear now.

RobertJM

Racist doesn’t mean saying something negative about a race.
It’s the very action of postulating that there even are several races under the human specie.
Basically, just writing Black Men, which doesn’t define their color but their race, is racist.
Racism isn’t a bad thing, it’s a point of view, just like darwinism

No, that’s ethnicity. Ethnicity is highlighting what different races form the human species. A black man or an Asian man or a white man is describing their ethnicity.

Racism is something else entirely.

Being chronically hateful or discriminating against somebody because of their ‘race’ is what we call ‘racist’ (what else is it?). And therefore it’s used as part of our everyday dialogue, and serves its purpose. The problem is when people twist its meaning to suit their own interests or beliefs. And that can include anyone in any context.

So in terms of discrimination (which racism is a form of), it’s like me saying that I think you stink because you’ve got black hair. And every time I see you i am going to verbally abuse you, physically attack you and stamp on your head, because I don’t like your black coloured hair (in fact you should all be sent to the gas chambers for having that colour of hair). And that goes for all people with black coloured hair. You’re all going to get the same treatment because I can’t stand you.

So there’s an example of discrimination. And if you turn that into an attack on someone because of their race, it becomes racism.

In terms of people accusing others of racism, well, in the world of today, I think people do twist things and therefore people can be accused of being racist when they actually haven’t been anything of the sort. So we are bullied by people and their politically correct narrative. I also despise those types of people, because they become the devil with their aggression towards anyone who dares to think anything differently. So, for me, it is a word that is used in a variety of ways both correctly, and incorrectly.

Inspired

Uh no. The definition of "racism" is....
"The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

Spud

Racist doesn’t mean saying something negative about a race.
It’s the very action of postulating that there even are several races under the human specie.
Basically, just writing Black Men, which doesn’t define their color but their race, is racist.
Racism isn’t a bad thing, it’s a point of view, just like darwinism

I would disagree. The term 'racist' does have prejudice in its definition. You say "Black Men doesn't define their colour but their race"? It's quite the opposite. Black is a colour and not a race.

nbznj

Upon second thought, I kinda think that GH differences across populations would be worth looking at.

High GH explains better hair, skin, lips, bodyfat, height, jaw etc.

nbznj

It’s also consistent with the study I shared above where e2 is higher (better for bones, hair, skin, insulin sensitivity etc. Look at Neal Rouzier’s work)

Greater secretion of growth hormone in black than in white men: possible factor in greater bone mineral density--a clinical research center study. - PubMed - NCBI

The 24-h integrated GH concentration 942 +/- 174 vs. 602 +/- 104 micrograms/L; P = 0.0495) and GH secretory burst amplitude (0.499 +/- 0.163 vs. 0.169 +/- 0.027 micrograms/L.min; P = 0.0482) were higher in black than in white men.

GH burst frequency, half-duration, mass, and half-life were not different in the 2 groups.

The serum 17 beta-estradiol level (162 +/- 12 vs. 108 +/- 11 pmol/L; P = 0.0011) was higher,

and the serum insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 level (2.2 +/- 0.1 vs. 2.8 +/- 0.1 microgram/mL; P = 0.0001) was lower in black than in white men.

More research needed I guess.

Inspired

The GH idea is interesting. People who come from poverty backgrounds/less food availability etc, could benefit from higher GH secretion because more GH is secreted when a person is in a fasted state. Right?

Well fed black people that I know, seem to have a tendency towards becoming overweight. But black people I know who came from some sort of poverty background, were usually in excellent physical shape.

But in America, it doesn't matter if you are poor or not. There is food. No one is starving. But fasted states............could be more common in poverty situations.

BigChad

If there are differences then that would mean every race/ethnicity is superior or inferior in different areas. I doubt people would want to discuss or admit that.

I think its due to lifestyle, diet, genetics. Its possible there are more gifted black people than non black, but higher numbers of black athletes doesn't prove that.

Idk if it has been proven yet, but there are a lot of people who spread the superior black genetics/race thing as a fact. Some people, maybe if they are black, spread this as a way to boast superiority over others. While some people, maybe non black, fall back on this as an excuse for why X black person is physically gifted while they aren't. And if it is true, that would mean they wouldn't need to work as hard to excel in sports. So it would still be racist.

nbznj

I thought GH was bad in Peat land, though?

Yeah and I for one can’t understand how he gets to those conclusions. Mountains of evidence that GH is a game changing supplement in 30+ yo men. Be it every other day, every morning, twice a week...

ebs

IIRC it was Mestizo Hispanics, which is likely just a proxy for Native Americans, who had both the highest testosterone and lowest estrogen.

You mean the ones conquered by a small group of Spanish conquistadors?

Seems like those high androgens didn't make them smarter. The same goes for African people who with supposedly higher androgens than Europeans got conquered by the latter too.

It's interesting how classic alpha males are usually lower down the chain in society while the beta males become wall street bankers, internet tycoons or politicians.

lvysaur

Seems like those high androgens didn't make them smarter. The same goes for African people who with supposedly higher androgens than Europeans got conquered by the latter too.

Somebody sounds extremely secure in their masculinity right now.

soul_rebel

It's interesting how classic alpha males are usually lower down the chain in society while the beta males become wall street bankers, internet tycoons or politicians.

It is an interesting thought. Peat has talked about the historical hunter gatherer, resource rich tropical peoples vs people who live in food storage cultures (colder places), where a need to conquer and seize is more common. It was on a podcast with Danny Roddy on Authoritarianism.

PATB

Don't have the studies on hand but one study looked at sorghum consumption in Africa and its affects on increasing 5AR and DHT. Another study showed that myostatin mutations are more common in Africans than Europeans. Higher DHT and lower myostatin in Africans may be what gives rise to this observation of being "more androgenic"

I think myostatin is the answer, not androgens.
I have seen a study showing that Black men do not have higher testosterone than Whites, but do have higher estrogen.

Myostatin deficiency:
DXnMj8WWsAEe8sT.jpg

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-cow-belgian-blue-21.jpg

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-horse-21.jpg

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-dog-31.png

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-dog-lucy1.jpg

Experiments with mice and myostatin:

F2.large.jpg

A.R

I think myostatin is the answer, not androgens.
I have seen a study showing that Black men do not have higher testosterone than Whites, but do have higher estrogen.

Myostatin deficiency:
DXnMj8WWsAEe8sT.jpg

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-cow-belgian-blue-21.jpg

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-horse-21.jpg

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-dog-31.png

steroid-animals-myostatin-deficient-dog-lucy1.jpg

Experiments with mice and myostatin:

F2.large.jpg
Great post

I think this is the most likely explanation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals