Are Black Men More Androgenic On Average Compared To Other Races?

Orangeyouglad

I’d be curious to know this too. They seem to have a very easy time gaining muscle and don’t seem to be as susceptible to hair loss.

Attakai

Samoan seem to be the most androgenic on average. Blacks are a close second.

Inaut

Sunlight exposure for millennia would be my explanation. Winter is a killer in more ways then one :(

Hugh Johnson

I find them rather effeminate. Though I know mostly African black people.

In the US media there is the gangster stereotypes and allegedly a taste for violent domination of others among African Americans. So the media, in love with the dark side of masculinity , does portray them masculine.

Cameron

I find them rather effeminate. Though I know mostly African black people.

In the US media there is the gangster stereotypes and allegedly a taste for violent domination of others among African Americans. So the media, in love with the dark side of masculinity , does portray them masculine.
Criminals are studied to have excessive serotonin

Spud

Don't have the studies on hand but one study looked at sorghum consumption in Africa and its affects on increasing 5AR and DHT. Another study showed that myostatin mutations are more common in Africans than Europeans. Higher DHT and lower myostatin in Africans may be what gives rise to this observation of being "more androgenic"

lvysaur

IIRC it was Mestizo Hispanics, which is likely just a proxy for Native Americans, who had both the highest testosterone and lowest estrogen. Blacks have higher testosterone and estrogen than whites. I've always found the equivocation of muscle size/height/facial hair with androgens to be rather comical. (I'll admit that the musculature does have at least some correlation, although there are plenty of other factors in play)

Orangeyouglad

Don't have the studies on hand but one study looked at sorghum consumption in Africa and its affects on increasing 5AR and DHT. Another study showed that myostatin mutations are more common in Africans than Europeans. Higher DHT and lower myostatin in Africans may be what gives rise to this observation of being "more androgenic"

Then isn’t it strange that they don’t seem to have higher levels of baldness?

gaze

I always wonder how black NBA athletes grow to be 6’9 ish and completely shredded even though many come from poverty. exercise + eating chicken and grits seems to do a body good

nbznj

It’s going to be confusing for most guys in here that believe that estradiol and estrone are bad.

Evidence for Geographical and Racial Variation in Serum Sex Steroid Levels in Older Men

Black men (from the United States and Tobago) had higher estrogen levels than Caucasians or Asians. Total and free estradiol levels were 10–16% higher and estrone levels 27–39% higher in Black men after age and BMI adjustments (Table 22).). Moreover, in Blacks the ratios of total estradiol:total testosterone and estrone:androstenedione (4-dione) were increased compared with other groups (Table 22).)

Racial patterns in other compounds were not apparent.

Jing

Considering most African Americans have family who were slaves they probably are more androgenic because I read somewhere that the most muscular and ones with best genes were kept around for hard labour so androgenic genes were kept around while the bad genes were erased. But even just blacks overall do seem to be more androgenic.

Broken man

They can do bigger weights with less Muscle And Are more powerfull. My country Is good example of how blacks Are used for sport success. They also can do good on bad food And still look fine.

broozer

for sure they are! i mean: more lean body mass, deeper voice, higher DHT, more relaxed/alpha attitude, chilled with bouts of aggressions. and for sure bigger hang all indicate more androgens.
i know some girls who prefere the smell of black guys as more fresh/vivid...which has to be sth hormonal

Inspired

More androgenic? I guess you'd have to find the available studies, and go from there.

Overall, I don't think black men are more androgenic than men of other races.

Once you get to know enough black people, you can see there is quite the variety. Most people only know of black celebrities, professional athletes, rappers, and maybe a couple black people they know from real life.

As I said, there is quite a variety. People also seem to forget that Africa itself is a gigantic continent, with a huge amount of human diversity.

It's a complicated topic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals