Luming Zhou

Apolactoferrin (or apo-lactoferrin) is the low-iron version of lactoferrin which is used to chelate iron.

The only apolactoferrin supplements I have found are the Jarrow Formulas and the Life Extension ones but both contain silicon dioxide (silica).

Are there any sources of apolactoferrin without silicon dioxide (silica)?

VitoScaletta

Do you really have to use iron chelators? I've never heard of this. Wouldn't more passive chelation from high calcium(/?) intake, limiting iron intake and donating blood work?

OP
L

Luming Zhou

Do you really have to use iron chelators? I've never heard of this. Wouldn't more passive chelation from high calcium(/?) intake, limiting iron intake and donating blood work?
I'm sensitive to milk with vitamin A and D added and there is no milk without vitamins readily available. Also I get symptoms like excessive thirst when I consume calcium supplements even if I consume just a little bit. I have tried IP6 but I am sensitive to it because it contains calcium. I live with my mom and she cooks with a cast iron pan. I talked to her about blood donation but she does not approve.

If there is no silica-free apolactoferrin available, are there any other supplements (e.g. cilantro) that could chelate iron? (I might try cilantro.)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals