Silica, present in most supplements/food, activates the endotoxin receptor (TLR4)

cjm

Be careful using the Berkey, if using it the way Crouse mentions. He uses the Brita after the sodium silicate and sodium bisulfate is added, to clean up any leftover aluminum {not sure this is all that necessary}, but he says all other filters that he has tried takes out the OSA with the aluminum. That is why he recommends the Brita, because it is 'not' that good of a filter, but good enough to take out aluminum without affecting the OSA. If your water is aluminum free, and your base ingredients are high purity, I don't think this part of the recipe is even needed.

Makes sense. Thanks! I think I'll skip the Brita and trust my local .gov water quality report (no aluminum) in lieu of testing it myself. Home water quality tests aren't hella expensive but they also aren't free.

David PS

@J.R.K - I was humorously thinking to myself that it is best not to snort silica powder or starch. Similarly, coal dust (black lung disease) and asbestos (asbestosis) come to mind as being common particle size related ocupational hazards. Living in a polluted area or near a highway have also been found to shorten ones life.

I agree that presorption (starch and charcoal) through the gut may causes blockage at the cellular level leading to inflammation.

Ray talks about presorption and states that bitters may reduce the irritation in the gut.

View: https://youtu.be/cWHyV8qiDwc?t=2699

More on presorption

View: https://youtu.be/2QpUJ8NidnE?t=2036

Jam

Is it more than just the crystalline form of silica that activates the TKR4 receptor? I do not think the biosil contains such crystals?
Yes, and also be extremely careful when handling DE, avoid inhaling any amount of powder, it can be extremely fine,

J.R.K

I was humorously thinking to myself that it is best not to snort silica powder or starch. Similarly, coal dust (black lung disease) and asbestos (asbestosis) come to mind as being common particle size related ocupational hazards. Living in a polluted area or near a highway have also been found to shorten ones life.
That is good advice at @David PS not coal dust, starch or silica powder for sure. But what about ginger? Check this out!!

View: https://youtu.be/NsJklyN9VWE

David PS

J.R.K

I enjoyed that video. Snorting ginger may be good for increasing testosterone. But I suspect it is a pyrrhic victory.
Agreed, I don’t necessarily think snorting any powder is a situation where the benefits would outweigh the risks. This would also include an nasal swab for a COVID-19 PCR test as well.

David PS

@J.R.K - I would add this current fad to the list of No-NOs for soneone who want to take shortcuts to be a macho man. :headphone:

Last edited:

J.R.K

@J.R.K - I would add this current fad to the list of No-NOs for soneone who want to take shortcuts to be a macho man. :headphone:
That is funny David! You went with The Village People, when I thought you would go this way for The Macho Man

View: https://youtu.be/xaE_6rRHmd0

Either way I think the point is made, given how these guys usually end up.

Mossy

Makes sense. Thanks! I think I'll skip the Brita and trust my local .gov water quality report (no aluminum) in lieu of testing it myself. Home water quality tests aren't hella expensive but they also aren't free.
With regard to using the Brita filter when making silica water, it's needed to filter impurities from the ingredients in the making of the water, not just the aluminum in the tap water:

"There are impurities in the ingredients and the Brita will remove these impurities."

If you were not referring specifically to making silica water, my comment would not apply.

cs3000

All of these silica compounds are confusingly similar. There is lots of information about these silica compounds on the forum. I recommend everyone conduct a search, I add Biosil (orthosilicic acid) into my coffee everyday. I find it to be easier than carrying Fuji water and most likely is less expensive

Christopher Exley is the main researcher of the impact of aluminum on the brain and its association of Alzheimer's disease.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/healt...y_4886099.html?utm_campaign=socialshare_email
just a heads up he isnt a fan of the choline stabilized form thats in that product , apparently it doesnt exist (according to him)
https://drchristopherexley.substack.com/p/silicon-rich-natural-waters/comments
"In short, there is no such thing as choline-stabilised silicic acid no matter what the manufacturer says"
and doesn't like the diatomaceous earth method either

+10mg sicilic acid might be associated with lower incidence of alzheimers going by a review

going by intervention studies fiji water has enough for an effect on 500ml a day ~45mg.
volvic mineral water should have just enough in 1L at 32mg
(similar to spritzer at 35mg/L)

https://vaccinepapers.org/wp-conten...Aluminum-Hypothesis-in-Alzheimers-Disease.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5832610/

but this one from different authors (using similar dose, with 5 people) showed no significant effects by 32 hours Silicic acid: its gastrointestinal uptake and urinary excretion in man and effects on aluminium excretion

i started drinking fiji water, 500ml drank quick x2 a day.
so far noticed lightheadedness. primarily trying to see if gut health improves as i've had a year long constipation & lower gut pain problem , and recently found out ive been ingesting probably a lot of aluminium from an aluminum frying pan most days
aluminium causes constipation / slows motility [Effect of antacids on intestinal motility] - PubMed

also my blood oxygen markers are hanging onto the edge of the low end (haematocrit, red blood count & haemoglobin are all at the bottom of the reference range)
and aluminium lowers all 3 of these blood markers
EFFECT OF ORAL ALUMINUM ON HEMOGLOBIN, HEMATOCRIT AND MCHC IN RAT
it competes with iron
diets deficient in iron, calcium or zinc increase aluminium absorption
citric acid (maybe), and parathyroid hormone, increases aluminium absorption. vitamin D too

"Dietary supplementation with vitamin D increases the aluminum content in the muscles and hearts of rats fed an aluminum-supplemented diet."

i also have a problem with vitamin D causing muscle twitches & erratic heartbeats. which increases aluminium absorption

bee propolis is protective against some of aluminiums toxicity Propolis alleviates aluminium-induced lipid peroxidation and biochemical parameters in male rats - PubMed
bonus benefit propolis also increases bone fracture healing A Comparison of the Effects of Grayanotoxin-Containing Honey (Mad Honey), Normal Honey, and Propolis on Fracture Healing - PubMed

slight improvement in verbal memory from 500mg bee propolis in elderly people

Cognitive Improvement and Safety Assessment of a Dietary Supplement Containing Propolis Extract in Elderly Japanese: A Placebo-Controlled, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Double-Blind Human Clinical Study

has great anti-inflammatory effects in lungs

Last edited:

David PS

just a heads up he isnt a fan of the choline stabilized form thats in that product , apparently it doesnt exist (according to him)
https://drchristopherexley.substack.com/p/silicon-rich-natural-waters/comments
"In short, there is no such thing as choline-stabilised silicic acid no matter what the manufacturer says"
and doesn't like the diatomaceous earth method either

+10mg sicilic acid might be associated with lower incidence of alzheimers going by a review

going by intervention studies fiji water has enough for an effect on 500ml a day ~45mg.
volvic mineral water should have just enough in 1L at 32mg
(similar to spritzer at 35mg/L)

https://vaccinepapers.org/wp-conten...Aluminum-Hypothesis-in-Alzheimers-Disease.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5832610/

but this one from different authors (using similar dose, with 5 people) showed no significant effects by 32 hours Silicic acid: its gastrointestinal uptake and urinary excretion in man and effects on aluminium excretion

i started drinking fiji water, 500ml drank quick x2 a day.
so far noticed lightheadedness. primarily trying to see if gut health improves as i've had a year long constipation & lower gut pain problem , and recently found out ive been ingesting probably a lot of aluminium from an aluminum frying pan most days
aluminium causes constipation / slows motility [Effect of antacids on intestinal motility] - PubMed

also my blood oxygen markers are hanging onto the edge of the low end (haematocrit, red blood count & haemoglobin are all at the bottom of the reference range)
and aluminium lowers all 3 of these blood markers
EFFECT OF ORAL ALUMINUM ON HEMOGLOBIN, HEMATOCRIT AND MCHC IN RAT
it competes with iron
diets deficient in iron, calcium or zinc increase aluminium absorption
citric acid (maybe), and parathyroid hormone, increases aluminium absorption. vitamin D too

"Dietary supplementation with vitamin D increases the aluminum content in the muscles and hearts of rats fed an aluminum-supplemented diet."

i also have a problem with vitamin D causing muscle twitches & erratic heartbeats. which increases aluminium absorption

bee propolis is protective against some of aluminiums toxicity Propolis alleviates aluminium-induced lipid peroxidation and biochemical parameters in male rats - PubMed
bonus benefit propolis also increases bone fracture healing A Comparison of the Effects of Grayanotoxin-Containing Honey (Mad Honey), Normal Honey, and Propolis on Fracture Healing - PubMed

slight improvement in verbal memory from 500mg bee propolis in elderly people

Cognitive Improvement and Safety Assessment of a Dietary Supplement Containing Propolis Extract in Elderly Japanese: A Placebo-Controlled, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Double-Blind Human Clinical Study

has great anti-inflammatory effects in lungs
Thanks for taking the time to put all of this information together. I have been taking Biosil for years with the intended the purpose of reducing system aluminum. I may need to reconsider and take a blood test. But it will not happen until at least next year. ;)

cjm

With regard to using the Brita filter when making silica water, it's needed to filter impurities from the ingredients in the making of the water, not just the aluminum in the tap water:

"There are impurities in the ingredients and the Brita will remove these impurities."

If you were not referring specifically to making silica water, my comment would not apply.

I haven't made silica water aka Silicade yet, though I have all the ingredients (I've decided to make mine with calcium and magnesium), I'm still waiting on the teaspoon set Crouse recommends. I plan to filter it now, and will likely use a Brita, but I can't find confirmation online that the Black Berkey removes OSA. Can't justify the cost but I'd probably need to do a home test to be sure. I trust Crouse did extensive testing, he just doesn't mention Berkey by name.

Thanks for the Silicade FAQ link.

"3. Do I have to use a Brita filter in the recipe or can use the filter I already own?

You must use the Brita filter. The Brita filter removes more than 90% of aluminum, lead and mercury but does not remove the OSA (which is the form of silica in Silicade). Some water filters made by other manufacturers add aluminum to the water. Some filters remove OSA."

Mossy

I haven't made silica water aka Silicade yet, though I have all the ingredients (I've decided to make mine with calcium and magnesium), I'm still waiting on the teaspoon set Crouse recommends. I plan to filter it now, and will likely use a Brita, but I can't find confirmation online that the Black Berkey removes OSA. Can't justify the cost but I'd probably need to do a home test to be sure. I trust Crouse did extensive testing, he just doesn't mention Berkey by name.

Thanks for the Silicade FAQ link.

"3. Do I have to use a Brita filter in the recipe or can use the filter I already own?

You must use the Brita filter. The Brita filter removes more than 90% of aluminum, lead and mercury but does not remove the OSA (which is the form of silica in Silicade). Some water filters made by other manufacturers add aluminum to the water. Some filters remove OSA."
I've just started making this myself, and have read a lot of the available information on it from Dr. Crouse. I can't locate the exact page again, but Dr. Crouse's wife answers a lot of questions down in the comments section of a page and she does relay that the Berkey will not work, per her husband. It seems that the Berkey may remove the silica. Obviously something you wouldn't want.

Here is a comment directly from Dr. Crouse from his how-to video: "The Brita filter removes aluminum but does not remove silica. So far this is the only filter I have found that does this"

Mossy

@cjm I've found this comment from Dr. Crouse to a question on using a Berkey:

Q: Is it OK to put all ingredients into the top of a Berkey to us as the filter and essential "store" the Silica water in the lower chamber of the Berkey?

A: You can start the recipe with water that has been filtered through a Berkey filter (not the fluoride filter as it adds aluminum to the water). You can only use a Brita filter when making Silicade. Here is a link to the written recipe. https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke.com/silicade/

cjm

@cjm I've found this comment from Dr. Crouse to a question on using a Berkey:

Q: Is it OK to put all ingredients into the top of a Berkey to us as the filter and essential "store" the Silica water in the lower chamber of the Berkey?

A: You can start the recipe with water that has been filtered through a Berkey filter (not the fluoride filter as it adds aluminum to the water). You can only use a Brita filter when making Silicade. Here is a link to the written recipe. Silicade - Dennis N Crouse PhD

Thanks for your diligence in finding this. Case closed!

Dr. B

Thanks, I have diatomaceous earth but have not used it internally. My concern that even the dissolved product may not be fully dissolved. I will look into it again. Here is a link to Rays thoughts on powder spirulina powder charcoal diatomaceous earth. He focuses on contamination.

View: https://youtu.be/HWBqzz3lguo?t=4144

Is fiji water safe and recommended then, better than other bottled waters?
Are there side effects from the detox process from consuming fiji water? Like detox sode effects from drinking it
Is fiji water still useful if drinking orange juice, grass fed milk, coconut water

David PS

Is fiji water safe and recommended then, better than other bottled waters?
Are there side effects from the detox process from consuming fiji water? Like detox sode effects from drinking it
Is fiji water still useful if drinking orange juice, grass fed milk, coconut water
I do not have a difinitve answer about Fiji water. It has more dissolve silicon than other waters. I do not know if there is any silicon in
range juice, grass fed milk and coconut water

bagotage

Here is a comment directly from Dr. Crouse from his how-to video: "The Brita filter removes aluminum but does not remove silica. So far this is the only filter I have found that does this"
Thanks for your diligence in finding this. Case closed!

I'm not convinced it's so simple... I've just posted a new thread about this issue, and wanted to link to it here (also CC'ing @Dave Clark since I reference one of his posts in this thread, as well):

JamesGatz

SILICA is EVERYWHERE, there is no escape

I was experimenting with HARDENED Lava rocks the other day and THEY REALLY stressed me out, I come to find out they are primarily made of SILICA

I just found out the RFID chip in your credit cards is made of it too, I got a METAL credit card now but it still bothers me because if that silica chip they all got, it is what it is

Also, SILICA is in LARGE QUANTITIES in concrete, I had a concrete pot for my plants and IMMEDIATELY threw it away because I got the silica stress symptoms and got a ceramic pot instead - PROBABLY one of THE MANY reasons prison inmates are so stressed all of the time since THEY ARE ALWAYS SURROUNDED by concrete

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals