Silica, present in most supplements/food, activates the endotoxin receptor (TLR4)

Jam

Thanks, I have diatomaceous earth but have not used it internally. My concern that even the dissolved product may not be fully dissolved. I will look into it again. Here is a link to Rays thoughts on powder spirulina powder charcoal diatomaceous earth. He focuses on contamination.

View: https://youtu.be/HWBqzz3lguo?t=4144

The diatomaceous earth remains undissolved at the bottom of the container, you're not supposed to ingest any of it. The water leaches out the silica.

David PS

The diatomaceous earth remains undissolved at the bottom of the container, you're not supposed to ingest any of it. The water leaches out the silica.
Thanks, that is why I have decided to reconsider. I would just be spiking the dissolved slicia in the water. Ray contamination issue may be overblown. I am thinking about pouring the spiked water throught a simple filter.

Thanks again. Cost is always an issue and I already have a large bag diatomaceous earth.

David PS

Biosil is the name of the branded product. It difficult to see in the images, but there is a ® after its name. Biosil is a registered trademark. The image of at Amazon (when it is enlarged) is the best I have seen. In the image below ®is blurry.
BioSil-Bottles-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

J.R.K

Biosil is the name of the branded product. It difficutl to see in the images, but there is a ® after its name. Biosil is a registered trademark.
BioSil-Bottles-scaled.jpg
Thank you @LadyRae and @David PS ! Do you think that there is any chelation of aluminum or other heavy metals already present or just a prevention of uptake like coffee does with iron?

LadyRae

Thank you @LadyRae and @David PS ! Do you think that there is any chelation of aluminum or other heavy metals already present or just a prevention of uptake like coffee does with iron?
I just don't know, I'm sorry. In fact it is within this thread that I am first learning that it has anything to do with metal chelation....

I've been taking it for years to work alongside all of the hydrolyzed collagen and gelatin that I eat in a day 😏

David PS

I never thought about it until now. I do not know if Biosil chelates/complexes with any other heavy metals.

I try to reduce my total body burden of aluminum by using Biosil. I mostly think of Biosil as helping me to just that. It has positive side-effects on joints, skin, hair and nails.

I add Biosil to my brewed cup of coffee. Coffee has some minor amounts of aluminum so that Biosil may help to reduce any uncomplexed aluminum in the coffee before I drink it. Complexes of aluminum, oxygen and silica are everywhere in the soil and earths crust. Aluminum is the second most abundant metallic element in the Earth's crust after silicon.

In nature, aluminum is never found alone. It is always complexed with some other element. If you scratch the surface of aluminum, it will almost instaneously form a thin layer of aluminum oxide on the surface.

When aluminum is list as an ingredient in man-made products that are made from scratch then I am concerned.

Aluminum in Coffee -https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.0c01410

Last edited:

J.R.K

I never thought about it until now. I do not know if Biosil chelates/complexes with any other heavy metals.

I try to reduce my total body burden of aluminum by using Biosil. I mostly think of Biosil as helping me to just that. It has positive side-effects on joints, skin, hair and nails.

I add Biosil to my brewed cup of coffee. Coffee has some minor amounts of aluminum so that Biosil may help to reduce any uncomplexed aluminum in the coffee before I drink it. Complexes of aluminum, oxygen and silica are everywhere in the soil and earths crust. Aluminum is the second most abundant metallic element in the Earth's crust after silicon.

In nature, aluminum is never found alone. It is always complexed with some other element. If you scratch the surface of aluminum, it will almost instaneously form a thin layer of aluminum oxide on the surface.

When aluminum is list as an ingredient in man-made products that are made from scratch then I am concerned.

Aluminum in Coffee -https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.0c01410
If memory serves there was mention that the brewing of coffee eliminated the heavy metals from it. Do not quote me on this but I think that I read this on the forum and Dr Peat mentioned it on one of his interviews. Does this jog anyone else’s memory on this topic?

J.R.K

I just don't know, I'm sorry. In fact it is within this thread that I am first learning that it has anything to do with metal chelation....

I've been taking it for years to work alongside all of the hydrolyzed collagen and gelatin that I eat in a day 😏
Do you feel a benefit from using biosil as compared to just using collagen and /or gelatin @LadyRae ?

LadyRae

Do you feel a benefit from using biosil as compared to just using collagen and /or gelatin @LadyRae ?
Well I've been using it for so long I couldn't say for certain. I'm 45 and I think I look pretty good (🤪) but I'm not sure where I'd be at if I hadn't started using it about 5 years ago... My fingernails grow long and hard and I have a lot of thick hair that isn't Gray. My skin is smooth although I still do have a few wrinkles developing around the corners of my eyes. I don't have any dry skin on my lower legs or elbows ( for a few years now I've noticed that I don't need to use lotion on my lower legs, even in the winter) and my cuticles are always low down on my fingernails without me having to push them back which I think is interesting...

All the little things we do add up to health or illness in my opinion...

The biggest proof that I have that it works is how it healed my husband's ankle pain...

Jam

Dave Clark

I comparing the off the shelf prices of Biosil and Fuji water.

What is this third product 'silicade'?
Silicade is just the name Crouse gave to the silica water home recipe that was previously described. I can't find the breakdown right now, but BioSil gives much less OSA per their dose than his Silicade water recipe, Fiji gives a good amount, but would break your bank account. What he did was, replicate {regarding the OSA} Fiji waters for pennies/liter, as opposed to dollars/liter. Biosil is also way more expensive re: per OSA dose.
Orthosilic acid. Shoot for 45 mg/day (all consumed within one hour). If you take Biosil and take 9x the dose listed on the bottle you will get the same amount of silica as a bottle of Fiji water.

David PS

Silicade is just the name Crouse gave to the silica water home recipe that was previously described. I can't find the breakdown right now, but BioSil gives much less OSA per their dose than his Silicade water recipe, Fiji gives a good amount, but would break your bank account. What he did was, replicate {regarding the OSA} Fiji waters for pennies/liter, as opposed to dollars/liter. Biosil is also way more expensive re: per OSA dose.
Orthosilic acid. Shoot for 45 mg/day (all consumed within one hour). If you take Biosil and take 9x the dose listed on the bottle you will get the same amount of silica as a bottle of Fiji water.
Thank you for the clarification.

cjm

Thanks for mentioning the recipe, I had never heard of it, but I've always enjoyed Fiji. It's a challenge to drink enough Fiji when one is budget-minded. I find 1.5-2 liters to have a noticeable effect on my cognition and mood. I bought a 6-pack of half liter Fiji's for $8, which is $2.66/liter. Sometimes I can find the pack for $6, but that's still $2/liter.

I'm going to make Silicade after the ingredients are delivered to me. It cost ~$70 to get sodium silicate (2 lbs) and sodium bisulfate (4 oz) and if I did the math right, it should make ~500 liters of Silicade before I need more bisulfate. Rough cost per liter is 14 cents. For what it's worth, I'm using a Black Berkey filter instead of a Brita.

J.R.K

I think I look pretty good (🤪) bu
No arguments there @LadyRae. I think the experience about your husband’s ankle is intriguing, and very interesting.
But I remain confused on the safety issue concerns regarding silica activating the TLR4 receptor, and how orthosilicate is safe and does not.

LadyRae

No arguments there @LadyRae. I think the experience about your husband’s ankle is intriguing, and very interesting.
But I remain confused on the safety issue concerns regarding silica activating the TLR4 receptor, and how orthosilicate is safe and does not.
Biosil IS orthosilicate!

Attachments

• IMG_20221230_095439227_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221230_095439227_HDR.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 21

David PS

Is it more than just the crystalline form of silica that activates the TKR4 receptor? I do not think the biosil contains such crystals?

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Thanks for mentioning the recipe, I had never heard of it, but I've always enjoyed Fiji. It's a challenge to drink enough Fiji when one is budget-minded. I find 1.5-2 liters to have a noticeable effect on my cognition and mood. I bought a 6-pack of half liter Fiji's for $8, which is $2.66/liter. Sometimes I can find the pack for $6, but that's still $2/liter.

I'm going to make Silicade after the ingredients are delivered to me. It cost ~$70 to get sodium silicate (2 lbs) and sodium bisulfate (4 oz) and if I did the math right, it should make ~500 liters of Silicade before I need more bisulfate. Rough cost per liter is 14 cents. For what it's worth, I'm using a Black Berkey filter instead of a Brita.
Be careful using the Berkey, if using it the way Crouse mentions. He uses the Brita after the sodium silicate and sodium bisulfate is added, to clean up any leftover aluminum {not sure this is all that necessary}, but he says all other filters that he has tried takes out the OSA with the aluminum. That is why he recommends the Brita, because it is 'not' that good of a filter, but good enough to take out aluminum without affecting the OSA. If your water is aluminum free, and your base ingredients are high purity, I don't think this part of the recipe is even needed.

J.R.K

Is it more than just the crystalline form of silica that activates the TKR4 receptor? I do not think the biosil contains such crystals?
It is an interesting question, the study indicates that the silica was airborne thus dust particulate size. I have to wonder if there is a similarity to the concern of presorption when consuming starch. Where the starch is absorbed through the gut but causes blockage at the cellular level leading to inflammation. When considering @haiduts original comments in using silica as an anti clumping agent, thus indicating the risk of ingestion, in the original study.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals