Anything Wrong With A Bit Of Peanut Butter?

@Rinse & rePeat would this work with regular refined coconut oil that I melted slowly with barely any heat until it was liquid? I have a whole jar and none of the liquid coconut oil.
Yes. I use to make it with the hard stuff and then leave it a room temperature when I wanted to eat it. It won’t spread like peanut butter, but it is just as tasty right off the spoon! Melt it a bit though, like you said, and use refined. I even make my own peanut butter cups with my homemade peanut butter!

Attachments

• 33E731A5-E555-4D83-8A37-5DCC9D026F79.jpeg
    33E731A5-E555-4D83-8A37-5DCC9D026F79.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 14
Yes. I use to make it with the hard stuff and then leave it a room temperature when I wanted to eat it. It won’t spread like peanut butter, but it is just as tasty right off the spoon! Melt it a bit though, like you said, and use refined. I even make my own peanut butter cups with my homemade peanut butter!

Recipe?

It is on the bottom of page 1 of my “Peaty Sweets Sauces & Such” thread linked below :)

It is on the bottom of page 1 of my “Peaty Sweets Sauces & Such” thread linked below :)

Much obliged!

@Rinse & rePeat would this work with regular refined coconut oil that I melted slowly with barely any heat until it was liquid? I have a whole jar and none of the liquid coconut oil.
I made another batch of my “Peaty Peanut Butter” today, Lollipop2, and this time used regular solid coconut oil, which was a bit melted already from being at room temperature, and wanted to show you that it turns out just as good!

Attachments

• AA933385-CE06-4703-968E-560CA795193F.jpeg
    AA933385-CE06-4703-968E-560CA795193F.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 19

Lollipop2

I made another batch of my “Peaty Peanut Butter” today, Lollipop2, and this time used regular solid coconut oil, which was a bit melted already from being at room temperature, and wanted to show you that it turns out just as good!
YaY!!! Thank you :):

“Candy and trail mix made with recalled Jif peanut butter are among the dozens of products being pulled from stores nationwide as federal health officials investigate a multistate outbreak of salmonella.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday issued a public safety alert that said at least 14 people from 12 states had been infected, with two hospitalized. "Four of five people interviewed reported eating different types of Jif brand peanut butter before getting sick," the agency stated.

The J.M. Smucker Co. late last week recalled multiple Jif brand peanut butter types sold across the U.S. and in Canada, including creamy, crunchy, natural and reduced fat. The outbreak strain of Salmonella Senftenberg was found in a J.M. Smucker plant in Lexington, Kentucky, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

The actual number of sick people and affected states is likely higher, as some individuals recover without being tested, according to the CDC. "This product has a very long shelf life, so be sure to check any Jif peanut butter you have at home to make sure it has not been recalled," it added.“

joaquin

I love the deliberate wording of the title.
;)

hierundjetzt

So I started eating peanuts at night based on the theories of someone in the Peat world who I won't name, who generally has a lot of good stuff to say. My digestion got terrible. Since I was also having insomnia due to working out a good thyroid and supplement schedule - I didn't immediately connect the dots on the peanuts being the digestion issue. Without going into gruesome detail, I'm sure it's that. So I thought I'd learn from the mal-digestion experience by looking into the composition of peanuts, specifically the fiber, to see if I could deduce a molecular culprit. That led me to lectins, which I'd never really looked into before. Turns out lectins are sticky proteins that stick to carbohydrates, and stick to the gut wall. The good news (according to my research so far) is they can be greatly reduced with cooking (boiling or pressure cooking), which lets a lot of yummy foods off the hook. But, not peanuts. (By the way there are also different types of lectins.) I recall that D'Adamo the blood type guy wrote about lectins, but I ignored him because I'm blood type A and didn't want to be condemned to a life of soy. Anyway, that's my peanut story. It was a delicious experiment. It makes sense that their abundant nutrition could cause cravings while their anti-nutrients (specifically lectins I think) can cause problems in a non-optimal gut or maybe there is a physiological component.
If you are blood type A, then according to D'Adamo peanut butter should be beneficial to you (for secretors as well as non-secretors of blood type A).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals