Sudden Craving For Honey Peanut Butter, But Then.

I didn't really want it (much). I am now trying to make sense out of this craving since it seems clear that I do not really like peanut butter much, and maybe never did -- just used to eat it more regularly time ago/force it down because of the protein I would aimlessly eat years back.

I had a craving and thought, "Why not? Maybe there is a reason for it."

I took a spoon with me and bought a jar at a store and just decided to dig in. Turns out the only part I kind of savored was the fat/sugars/honey crystals and honey flavor in the liquid fat on the top -- once I got under that I pretty soon lost interest in the actual peanut butter (seemed too dry and sticky/unappetizing so I stopped).

Now I am thinking to myself again about this "craving" and seeing too that it might not have been a peanut butter craving per se but a fat and sugar one? I don't know.

In any case I now think of eating peanut butter and it completely disinterests me. I still ponder the idea of roasted peanuts, but the very craving behind that could just be salt misconstrued with the peanuts as craving the peanuts and the salt -- I could likely eat many other things with salt and get the same "quench" possibly.

Any ideas to throw in? My guess is that it was maybe a fat craving, along with the honey/carb touch -- but now that I think about it more it doesn't make much sense.

I know nuts have nutrients and vitamins, but what would explain a vague craving just for peanut butter fats (mostly MUFAs and PUFAs) if I get somewhat decent vitamins and minerals from diet in the first place?

I do not even consider or think I ever considered it a "comfort food" or anything of that nature.

Maybe this was just a hunch/"dietary epiphany" I got and decided to test and understood it as a "craving" mistakenly?

I should also add that my "cravings" were largely messed up from starvation diets, binge eating and etc. in the past.

Last edited:

dlind70

Peanuts have many trace minerals like copper selenium. Maybe that's what you needed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals