Anyone Else Get Taller?

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by lvysaur, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Prosper

Prosper Member

Are you supplementing with K2? I started noticing very similar sensations after upping daily mk-4 dose to 15 mg and introducing Life extension's K-formula (which includes 1000 mcg of K1 and ~200 mcg of mk-7). I posted more about it here: Wider Face After Using Vitamin K?

Although they definitely feel like growing pains, I believe it's probably some form of deficiency. It also seems more likely that those who have grown a inch or two have simply gained thicker bones and therefore a little height too, especially considering how according to the mainstream medicine change in limb height should not be possible after the growth plates have fused.

Still, as a 5'7 24 year old male who was predicted to grow up to 6'1 I hope this is not the case :D

Also, to answer your question about sunlight, as far as I know the amount of area exposed should not matter in any other way than the time required to reap the benefits. Sunbathing nude would of course be most effective, but simply facing towards the sun and exposing the arms should be adequate if you're willing to do that for longer than half an hour per day.

2. Marcus1000

Marcus1000 Member

Hello, I do not take any vitamin supplements currently :D
    I do eat a bit of beef liver powder daily though, this has vitamin k2 in it aswell I think :P See below the one from Japan (Hirauchi 1989), beef liver seems to have vitamin k2 as mk6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13
    [​IMG]

For me the feeling that I experience is most noticeable in my shin.

3. Prosper

Prosper Member

Same. The aches seem to be concentrated around the shin and knee area, with minor sensations around the femurs and top of the feet.

I spent some time searching the web for anecdotal stories of adult growth spurts. Apparently growing a couple of inches in 20s or even 30s is not incredibly rare. It sure is not common, but it happens.

4. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

I get tendon pains when I use a lot of K2-Mk4, I think the pains both Marcus and you are experiencing might not be you're growing taller.

5. Herbie

Herbie Member

Ive gained 1cm in height at 30 revolutions of the sun due to posture improvement from increased muscle tone, more electrical current, less gut inflammation.

6. Prosper

Prosper Member

Interesting. Do you have any idea about the mechanism behind the pain? On the other hand though, I doubt Marcus is getting significant amounts of mk-4 from liver powder. Fresh liver has a only a few micrograms of various K2 vitamins per 100 g, whereas therapeutic doses of supplemental mk-4 are thousands of times larger.

7. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

I don't know. Some pals in the forum theorized about needing more calcium or vit D. I haven't had time to test it further.

And yes if this happens to Marcus and he's getting very low ammounts of K then your case might not be related with K.

Big mouth :-|

8. Marcus1000

Marcus1000 Member

I have eaten this liver powder before, a few months ago, when I was lower on carb, it did not have this effect, so for me it surely isn't the liver.
    For me it started when I started going very high carb, perhaps calcium from milk might be a factor, I am not sure :D
    It will be interesting to see if we are actually growing or not, time will tell :D

9. Repas du soir

Repas du soir Member

Have the pains gone away, and have you gotten taller?

10. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

I'm around 6ft in height, late 20s. Morning height varies between 182.8 and 184 cm.
    Daytime height goes as low as 182 cm, but usually averages 182.8 cm

Used to be 181 cm on average up till my mid 20s, when I started lifting and increasing my protein and caloric intake substantially.
    1 year into lifting, and I started measuring over 182 cm.

If I could gain 1 inch and get to 6ft1, I'd be thrilled.
    Would DHEA be worth taking if I'm also suffering from low Testosterone?

11. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

Thinking maybe if supression of estrogen achieved on an RP-inspired nutrition could somehow re-open the growth plates and kickstart another puberty