Anyone Else Get Taller?

lvysaur

I grew close to an inch in the last few months, at 24 years old. And it's not the morning "stretch" height, as I used to measure myself in the mornings and nights before this.

I'm beginning to think that estrogen closes the bone epiphyses in an "excitotoxic" way, meaning it provides a quick burst of energy release (growth spurt) at the cost of future energy storage/metabolism. This could also explain why a certain subset of tall guys have strong hypo symptoms.

#raywasrightagain

Last edited:
T

tca300

@Hugh Johnson Be careful with what you assert about Ray, there is a lot of misinformation on this site. He never claimed to get taller on Pregnenolone. He was taking about 10-15 mg of DHEA per day when he grew.

D

Derek

I grew close to an inch in the last few months, at 24 years old. And it's not the morning "stretch" height, as I used to measure myself in the mornings and nights before this.

I'm beginning to think that estrogen closes the bone epiphyses in an "excitotoxic" way, meaning it provides a quick burst of energy release (growth spurt) at the cost of future energy storage/metabolism. This could also explain why a certain subset of tall guys have strong hypo symptoms.

#raywasrightagain

Based on your "drink milk everyday" quote, I would attribute it to that.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
wow, that's amazing! what do u think gave you that inch?
Probably better nutrition, metabolism and hormone balance. I also started consuming dairy everyday for the first time in my life and I think the calcium helped a lot.

HDD

Could this affect height?
"Thyroid activates the conversion of cholesterol to the steroids pregnenolone, DHEA, and progesterone, and those are important stabilizers of the connective tissues, as well as the nerves. (If thyroid is chronically low, cartilage is easily deformed, and ligaments are likely to be loose.)"-RP

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Could this affect height?
"Thyroid activates the conversion of cholesterol to the steroids pregnenolone, DHEA, and progesterone, and those are important stabilizers of the connective tissues, as well as the nerves. (If thyroid is chronically low, cartilage is easily deformed, and ligaments are likely to be loose.)"-RP
Great quote HDD. I took thyroid, pregnenolone and Progest-e during that time too. I will probably never be able to pinpoint exactly why I gained an inch in height during middle-age but I don't think I grew in the traditional sense. Perhaps improved bone density throughout the body and healthier/stronger connective tissue could equal an inch increase overall?

keith

I grew several inches horizontally...does that count?

MommaBear

Estrogen stops bone growth. Girls that start puberty early are short.
Don't some males get a freak growth spurt in their mid 20's? I'm Not sure tho.

I'm hoping that better nutrition and balanced hormones will strengthen my body and I'm thinking I will regain those 2 " I recently lost. Makes sense to me

Marcus1000

I noticed I have some growth pains in my legs since I started high carb(starch&sugar) 3 weeks ago. It feels inside my bones in my calves especially. Like an expanding/contracting/pulling sensation at the same time, a sort of "tension". This is similar to the pain I experienced growing in puberty. I am 6'6 and 23 y/o now, will be interesting to see what happens.

Giraffe

I noticed I have some growth pains in my legs since I started high carb(starch&sugar) 3 weeks ago. It feels inside my bones in my calves especially. Like an expanding/contracting/pulling sensation at the same time, a sort of "tension". This is similar to the pain I experienced growing in puberty. I am 6'6 and 23 y/o now, will be interesting to see what happens.
The pains could be a symptom of low vitamin D levels.

Marcus1000

The pains could be a symptom of low vitamin D levels.
Thank you for letting me know!! :) I noticed that I have a craving for sunlight lately, so that could definately be possible. Luckily there is some better weather coming soon in the Netherlands, so I will be able to be in the sun more :happy:

Do you maybe know if having only my arms/face in the sun enough for getting vitamin D throughout my whole body? It is still too cold here for full-body exposure in the sun.

Dhair

I just feel like it should be impossible to grow after 25 years. Specially 40o_O
It seems that way but at this point I think anything is possible. Try telling the average person that you've seen evidence of people stopping or reversing their hair loss by fixing their diet or using a laser helmet. They would probably laugh at you.

heaahde

It seems that way but at this point I think anything is possible. Try telling the average person that you've seen evidence of people stopping or reversing their hair loss by fixing their diet or using a laser helmet. They would probably laugh at you.
But hair loss is more of a physical issue, as in you can fix it with diet/getting healthier. But height is somrthing else. Like your body doesnt stop growing because of a systemic failure. It stops because it only grows during a certain period in your life. That's why I think its so odd. Regrowing hair/skin tissue etc is hapening till the day you die, but your growth stops for a reason!

Dhair

But hair loss is more of a physical issue, as in you can fix it with diet/getting healthier. But height is somrthing else. Like your body doesnt stop growing because of a systemic failure. It stops because it only grows during a certain period in your life. That's why I think its so odd. Regrowing hair/skin tissue etc is hapening till the day you die, but your growth stops for a reason!
Point taken, but no one is claiming that you can grow 6 inches by fixing nutritional deficiencies and thyroid function. All of the claims being made are 1-2 inches of growth, which seems to not only be within the margin of error as far as I'm concerned (considering most people probably don't even know exactly how tall they are), but even perfectly reasonable seeing as how many people have poor bone health and bad posture.
Many people claim to have widened their jaws by taking large doses of vitamin K. Seems similar to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals