Anyone Else Find Coffee Makes Them Colder?

Jayfish

Coffee has never worked for me and i have tried to make it work many times. I always get cold, jittery, irregular heart beat and horrible sleep. I get similar but more subtle symptoms from chocolate. I decided that its best for me to avoid them. Oddly enough i dont get issues from caffinated soda or teas.

OP
ecstatichamster
I don't get any jitteriness with coffee. Sometimes it sedates me. But it often lowers my temps.

BobbyDukes

Sufficient sugar seems to ensure it works in my case. Even on an empty stomach (first thing in the morning), I find that decent sugar will get it going (using tablespoons of sugar, not the teaspoons that Joe Public uses).

Coffee has never worked for me and i have tried to make it work many times. I always get cold, jittery, irregular heart beat and horrible sleep. I get similar but more subtle symptoms from chocolate. I decided that its best for me to avoid them. Oddly enough i dont get issues from caffinated soda or teas.

We are almost the same. Every time i drink coffee it gives me symptoms like hyperacidity, watery bowel movement right away.

Chocolate is ok for me. Its good for my digestion.

But Tea is the best but not all kinds of tea. The one agrees with me are the oolong variant like da hong pao and tieguanyin. It makes me really sleepy/relaxation feeling that i want to lie down and i have a productive sleep. Maybe its the L-theanine of the tea?

sladerunner69

Yes, especially after having a few cups. It also gives me anxiety and trouble thinking. It feels like the front of my brain is numb, around the prefrontal cortex.

Herbie

Before I started using pregnenelone, desiccated thyroid and cyproheptadine I had negative experiences with caffeine like mentioned. Now I drink 3-5 coffees, coke and redbull in a day even at night and fall asleep with ease and sleep the whole night through.

Before this I felt like a zombie and the caffeine felt like a highly stimulating drug that bought me back to life, now I experience a steady state of life that I maintain.

T

tobieagle

Before I started using pregnenelone, desiccated thyroid and cyproheptadine I had negative experiences with caffeine like mentioned. Now I drink 3-5 coffees, coke and redbull in a day even at night and fall asleep with ease and sleep the whole night through.

Before this I felt like a zombie and the caffeine felt like a highly stimulating drug that bought me back to life, now I experience a steady state of life that I maintain.

Many people have reported the same phenomena before.
It seems like caffeine tolerance is a pretty good indicator of thyroid/liver function.

PeatThemAll

It does. Especially instant coffee. I don't think it's the caffeine, as I take it in pill form and the effect(s) are worlds apart for an equivalent caffeine "hit".

thyrulian

Aside from ensuring caloric adequacy, the simplest suspect could be glycine receptor antagonism, followed by possible cholinergic activation.

I notice decaf can provoke anxiety as well.

Aside from ensuring caloric adequacy, the simplest suspect could be glycine receptor antagonism, followed by possible cholinergic activation.

I notice decaf can provoke anxiety as well.

In laymans term what does it mean and How to solve this?

sladerunner69

Don't need too much either.

Anyone else get colder temps after drinking coffee?

I used to have this problem back when I couldnt tolerate much coffee. I would get a nice boos tof stress hormones followed by a crash. Should resolve after your glycogen stores are replensihes and your metabolism gets better and fatty liver is flushed out. Will likely just take some time.

Quality

Don't need too much either.

Anyone else get colder temps after drinking coffee?
Coffee has both vasoconstrictive as vasodilating properties, probably time and dose dependant and someones sensitivity to it.

Decaf can give me the coldest hands ever, bought a large pack of decaf coffee last year to try it after reading that even decaf coffee contains natural opioid antagonists, I was shocked at how cold it made my hands, tried it 2 more times on seperate day to rule out placebo, happened every time to be honest.
As for regular coffee, it tends to heat me up at first then (if I take lets say 3 strong cups at once, get this stiff neck/sometimes joint paint), which is fixed ONLY by transdermal magnesium, nothing else works for me. Im pretty sure coffee depletes magnesium very fast in tissues and this is what can cause the migraine like headache and neck tension, no bueno tbh.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals