Antibiotic-induced pain

chh1138

Hi, Everyone,

I made the mistake of taking an antibiotic prescribed to me for a mild infection, and it’s destroyed my health.

I’m a 50 year-old male, previously very fit with workouts 3X a week and walking 10,000 steps a day. Pretty much 100% pain-free. No prescription meds.

Since taking the antibiotic, I’ve had burning pain, and sometimes stinging pain in feet, ankles, hips, knees, elbows more or less 24/7 for 90 days. I can walk, but it increases pain. Have had a lot of tests, but everything comes out fine except for low D, which I’m taking 10,000 IU of per day. Doctors are useless and don’t believe an antibiotic can do this.

I’ve looked through posts and Ray Peat articles. Trying a pregnenalone cream to rub on joints and tendons sounds like a good idea based on his writings, but is there a way to find a good pre-made cream? I know there are drops, but I would need something that I could easily apply to multiple areas.

I’ve never tried cypro, but could that be beneficial, too?

Momma

What was it? A fluoroquinolone or ciprofloxian abx?

Momma

OP
C

chh1138

Thank you

L_C

Hm, don't you have sibo? Usually, sibo can cause joint pains.

I like to go by the image of attached tongue to narrow down the issues.

Attachments

• 1646235911474.png
    1646235911474.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
C

chh1138

Hm, don't you have sibo? Usually, sibo can cause joint pains.

I like to go by the image of attached tongue to narrow down the issues.
It’s possible, but I haven’t had any gastrointestinal issues from this. That’s one of the few things that haven’t changed…no bowel issues or stomach pains or anything like that. Some people do have sibo issues, but one of the many strange things about this issue is that people are affected in so many different ways.

Thank you for the attachment, but I’m not sure what I’m looking for with it.

L_C

It’s possible, but I haven’t had any gastrointestinal issues from this. That’s one of the few things that haven’t changed…no bowel issues or stomach pains or anything like that. Some people do have sibo issues, but one of the many strange things about this issue is that people are affected in so many different ways.

Thank you for the attachment, but I’m not sure what I’m looking for with it.
Look at your tongue and see if you have incisions. Then use the image to figure out what body organ corresponds to that incision.

At first I was skeptical but over the holidays I developed some lung condition and sure enough there was a cut somewhat closer to the tip of my tongue.

GTW

10,000 vitamin D per day is likely counter-productive. Because high D supplementation depletes magnesium. Magnesium supplement makes D optimally effective at blood levels below 50; at the same time prevents D blood levels rising above 50.

OP
C

chh1138

10,000 vitamin D per day is likely counter-productive. Because high D supplementation depletes magnesium. Magnesium supplement makes D optimally effective at blood levels below 50; at the same time prevents D blood levels rising above 50.
Do you think there’s a better amount of D I should take, or cut it out entirely for awhile?Magnesium supplementation is the one thing nearly everyone impacted by cipro poisoning agrees on. Currently, I’m taking magnesium citrate 100 mg 3-4X per day for 90 days. I’ve been taking magnesium for a year (in a lesser amount), so I’m sure my levels were normal prior to cipro.

I’ve been taking the D for probably 2 mos. My doctor blamed my pain on low D, but I’m 100% certain it’s from the cipro, because the pain literally started hours after taking it.

Momma

Im not big in giving too many opinions or suggestions.
But.
You need to clean and support your liver. That’s your detox organ generally speaking. So taking more oral supplements is not ideal. Get your vitamins and minerals through food. Eat well. And since avelox or cipro drugs cause tendon issues; please be very very aware if and when you work out.
Make sure your adrenals are calm and thyroid is booming. Get that liver clean. Keep reading Ray’s work.

OP
C

chh1138

Im not big in giving too many opinions or suggestions.
But.
You need to clean and support your liver. That’s your detox organ generally speaking. So taking more oral supplements is not ideal. Get your vitamins and minerals through food. Eat well. And since avelox or cipro drugs cause tendon issues; please be very very aware if and when you work out.
Make sure your adrenals are calm and thyroid is booming. Get that liver clean. Keep reading Ray’s work.
Thanks again. Yes, I’ve been very careful with exercise, with only daily 20-30 min walks in addition to normal walking in my office job. But no other workouts like the weight training and bodyweight training I did previously.

What’s been difficult is that I was nearly immediately hit with so many things: crippling anxiety, hardcore depression and fatigue (again, none of which I had prior to cipro) that I’ve been trying to put out so many raging fires that I’ve felt I’ve needed to supplement.

The psychological problems have subsided some, but pain hasn’t budged.

I’m taking a lot of stuff:

NAC
ALA
Magnesium
D3
PEA
Bromelain
Hyalironic acid

Momma

Thanks again. Yes, I’ve been very careful with exercise, with only daily 20-30 min walks in addition to normal walking in my office job. But no other workouts like the weight training and bodyweight training I did previously.

What’s been difficult is that I was nearly immediately hit with so many things: crippling anxiety, hardcore depression and fatigue (again, none of which I had prior to cipro) that I’ve been trying to put out so many raging fires that I’ve felt I’ve needed to supplement.

The psychological problems have subsided some, but pain hasn’t budged.

I’m taking a lot of stuff:

NAC
ALA
Magnesium
D3
PEA
Bromelain
Hyalironic acid
How about this? Take a 21 day break from your supplement stack. In those days slowly up your kcal and your nutrition. Think liver, eggs, oysters, milk, lots and lots of carbs. Then reassess. If you have ever been on a restricted diet or watched your calories; this is not the time to do so. Make sure you digest them. If you’re not better in 21 days add one by one each supplement back in. I know this is a tough time. Your body is meant to heal and recover; but it needs extra food, sun and rest.

GTW

>Magnesium supplementation increased the 25(OH)D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentrations were close to 30 ng/mL, but decreased it when baseline 25(OH)D was higher (from ∼30 to 50 ng/mL). Magnesium treatment significantly affected 24,25(OH)2D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentration was 50 ng/mL but not 30 ng/mL. On the other hand, magnesium treatment increased 25(OH)D2 as baseline 25(OH)D increased.Mg is essential in the metabolism of vitamin D, and taking large doses of vitamin D can induce severe depletion of Mg. Adequate magnesium supplementation should be considered as an important aspect of vitamin D therapy.Magnesium supplementation increased the 25(OH)D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentrations were close to 30 ng/mL, but decreased it when baseline 25(OH)D was higher (from ∼30 to 50 ng/mL). Magnesium treatment significantly affected 24,25(OH)2D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentration was 50 ng/mL but not 30 ng/mL. On the other hand, magnesium treatment increased 25(OH)D2 as baseline 25(OH)D increased.

Peatress

Ciprofloxacin blocks thiamine. See this post about it

Foods that help repair tendons might help

GTW

Vitamin D, vitamin A, magnesium and K1/K2 all highly interact.
If other factors are in the right range probably 1000 units D would be sufficient.

GTW

Good lead. Many drugs cause thiamine depletion. Thiamine and the benfotiamine form are low risk interventions.
Excess thiamine is partly excreted through the skin. Sometimes used as mosquito repellent.

OP
C

chh1138

I forgot to mention thiamine. I’ve been taking 500-1000 mg HCL off and on

OP
C

chh1138

Sadly, I read that same article the day after I took the first (and only) pill. I was hesitant to take it, because I knew about the problems with Achilles, but not all the other horrible side effects. I should have followed my instincts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals