Applying Progest-E below the navel

Bonzo

A bit of background first: I’m 49 and still have regular periods, and whilst I haven’t experienced any major perimenopausal symptoms, I would assume that my hormone levels are gradually heading towards a profile of typical perimenopause. I enjoy good health, with a fairly robust immune system. I have a moderately active lifestyle and live in a part of New Zealand that enjoys a fairly high amount of sunlight. Although I work indoors, even in winter I ski most weekends so am not completely devoid of sunlight, at least on my face. I have experienced considerable stress due to life circumstances and self-sabotaging habits, such as getting insufficient sleep, in the past 15 years. That said, I’ve made considerable effort to mitigate this in the last 2 or 3 years. My body temps are mostly good with an average waking temp of 36.9c rising to 37-37.3 during the day. My diet is mostly along Peat lines, though I’m by no means rigid nor 100% consistent.

I’ve recently started taking Progest-E again after an 8 month break (due to financial constraints). It seemed to be beneficial last time after an initial settling in period and I believe I will continue to benefit once my initial symptoms settle down again. I’ve been rubbing it on my gums at approximately 10 drops x5 per day in the second half of my cycle. I rub whatever’s left over on my lips and wrists. So the main issues I’ve had since starting a couple of cycles ago are increased hip fat and worse, painful and enlarged breasts - considerably more so in my left breast. I remember reading somewhere ages ago about a recommendation to apply topical progesterone below the navel due to the lymphatic system causing a build up of hormones in the breasts. I did a google today and found this article which seems to correlate with what I’m experiencing.
Do not Apply Topical Hormones Above the Umbilicus by Dr. Joseph J Collins, RN, ND | Your Hormones
This is about standard HRT but he also applies it to progesterone.
I’m considering starting to apply my Progest-E vaginally as I’ve also used Cortinon this way. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it an effective means to get the best benefit? Also, would it be best to try and apply it internally or on the labia (I’m concerned the latter would waste a lot of it)? Any insight on my symptoms would also be gratefully received. Many thanks for reading my long post.

Did you ever get any deginitive answers to your question Bonzo? I am still asking the same questions about Progest-E too!

OP
B

Bonzo

Hi Rinse and rePeat, unfortunately no I’ve received no input so far. I’m not sure female issues get as much traction as male ones on this forum however, hopefully someone might chip in sooner or later..

Superhumaness

A bit of background first: I’m 49 and still have regular periods, and whilst I haven’t experienced any major perimenopausal symptoms, I would assume that my hormone levels are gradually heading towards a profile of typical perimenopause. I enjoy good health, with a fairly robust immune system. I have a moderately active lifestyle and live in a part of New Zealand that enjoys a fairly high amount of sunlight. Although I work indoors, even in winter I ski most weekends so am not completely devoid of sunlight, at least on my face. I have experienced considerable stress due to life circumstances and self-sabotaging habits, such as getting insufficient sleep, in the past 15 years. That said, I’ve made considerable effort to mitigate this in the last 2 or 3 years. My body temps are mostly good with an average waking temp of 36.9c rising to 37-37.3 during the day. My diet is mostly along Peat lines, though I’m by no means rigid nor 100% consistent.

I’ve recently started taking Progest-E again after an 8 month break (due to financial constraints). It seemed to be beneficial last time after an initial settling in period and I believe I will continue to benefit once my initial symptoms settle down again. I’ve been rubbing it on my gums at approximately 10 drops x5 per day in the second half of my cycle. I rub whatever’s left over on my lips and wrists. So the main issues I’ve had since starting a couple of cycles ago are increased hip fat and worse, painful and enlarged breasts - considerably more so in my left breast. I remember reading somewhere ages ago about a recommendation to apply topical progesterone below the navel due to the lymphatic system causing a build up of hormones in the breasts. I did a google today and found this article which seems to correlate with what I’m experiencing.
Do not Apply Topical Hormones Above the Umbilicus by Dr. Joseph J Collins, RN, ND | Your Hormones
This is about standard HRT but he also applies it to progesterone.
I’m considering starting to apply my Progest-E vaginally as I’ve also used Cortinon this way. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it an effective means to get the best benefit? Also, would it be best to try and apply it internally or on the labia (I’m concerned the latter would waste a lot of it)? Any insight on my symptoms would also be gratefully received. Many thanks for reading my long post.

Superhumaness

Hey,
I've been taking Progest-E for about 2 months. The last 3 weeks my breasts have enlarged and they are VERY sore. Should I stop taking? Has anyone an idea of why this is happening?
thanks

frannybananny

Hey,
I've been taking Progest-E for about 2 months. The last 3 weeks my breasts have enlarged and they are VERY sore. Should I stop taking? Has anyone an idea of why this is happening?
thanks
You might consider, Bonzo and Superhumaness, that you are taking/using too much Progest-E. I only put 2 drops in the palm of my hand at night before bed and with my finger just rub that into my gums. This helps me to fall asleep fast and sleep through the night. The one time that I used more, say 4-6 drops, I awoke late the next morning very groggy and felt like crap. So maybe just cut back to spare your sore breasts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals