4g of aspirin per day made me go into a stuffed nose, bronchospasm and asthma.

tastyfood

Looks like I hit my limit with daily aspirin intake, and I will have to make some tweaks if I want to take that much daily.

I took 4g in 4 separate doses of 1g daily for about 10 days without issues. Feeling great. Good metabolic effects, even visible in things like hair. At day 11 or 12 I started to develop asthma, and it's been kicking my butt for the last 9 days.

This much aspirin ended up stuffing my nose, which in turn generated a lot of phlegm that went down my throat over the course of a couple of nights. Then the bronchospasm and asthma started.

I still think 4g per day is possible, but proceed with caution.

Normal Human

Looks like I hit my limit with daily aspirin intake, and I will have to make some tweaks if I want to take that much daily.

I took 4g in 4 separate doses of 1g daily for about 10 days without issues. Feeling great. Good metabolic effects, even visible in things like hair. At day 11 or 12 I started to develop asthma, and it's been kicking my butt for the last 9 days.

This much aspirin ended up stuffing my nose, which in turn generated a lot of phlegm that went down my throat over the course of a couple of nights. Then the bronchospasm and asthma started.

Interesting report, good to be aware of this. If you dont mind me asking, why were you taking 4 grams daily? Also, what form of aspirin were you taking and did you stop it when the bronchispasm kicked in?

DrJ

If you are taking that much aspirin you need plenty of glycine as well as vitamin C from natural sources. And carbs. Lots of carbs. Or else you will run into problems

NatachaRose

you’re probably salicylate intolerant that’s why you are having this reaction.

HeyThere

Yes, Salicylate overload.

Flush it out. Baking soda in water. Activated Charcoal. Avoid foods high in Salicylates for a while (it's unfortunately a massive list).

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Interesting report, good to be aware of this. If you dont mind me asking, why were you taking 4 grams daily? Also, what form of aspirin were you taking and did you stop it when the bronchispasm kicked in?

I use the Gericare brand. I had already been taking close to 3g daily for almost two weeks comfortably, and decided to experiment with 4g. At 4g daily, all the strong anti-inflammatory effects should start according to the studies.

I've been experimenting with this high a dose to see if I can finally lower the pituitary hormones prolactin, LH, and FSH, which are always elevated for me

I continued the aspirin in lower doses for a couple of days after the respiratory symptoms kicked in thinking it would help. It didn't, so I stopped the aspirin, and that's when I started to wonder if the high dose aspirin had contributed to the problem in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

If you are taking that much aspirin you need plenty of glycine as well as vitamin C from natural sources. And carbs. Lots of carbs. Or else you will run into problems

I was taking about the same amount of glycine as aspirin by consuming gelatin. Yes, perhaps it wasn't enough glycine. That's one of the tweaks. I was careful to get enough carbs around the time of taking the aspirin but it's possible that it wasn't enough.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Yes, Salicylate overload.

Flush it out. Baking soda in water. Activated Charcoal. Avoid foods high in Salicylates for a while (it's unfortunately a massive list).

Apparently fruits and fruit juice have salicylate.

Good tip about baking soda. More baking soda with aspirin is another one of the tweaks to make.

Normal Human

I use the Gericare brand. I had already been taking close to 3g daily for almost two weeks comfortably, and decided to experiment with 4g. At 4g daily, all the strong anti-inflammatory effects should start according to the studies.

I've been experimenting with this high a dose to see if I can finally lower the pituitary hormones prolactin, LH, and FSH, which are always elevated for me

I continued the aspirin in lower doses for a couple of days after the respiratory symptoms kicked in thinking it would help. It didn't, so I stopped the aspirin, and that's when I started to wonder if the high dose aspirin had contributed to the problem in the first place.
Makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, I believe those hormones tend to be elevated as a result of low thyroid as well. Have you already tried thyroid/taken your morning temp and pulse?

GTW

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, I believe those hormones tend to be elevated as a result of low thyroid as well. Have you already tried thyroid/taken your morning temp and pulse?

Yeah, I have a lot of experience taking thyroid. Based on symptoms and labs (cholesterol, TSH, T3, vitamin D), thyroid function should be taken care of.

Cynthia386

Aspirin depletes vitamin C.

GTW

Initial overdose of some substances may trigger increased sensitivity that's not reversible.

GTW

Not saying irreversible. But don't bet the farm on reversibility.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
Where's the beef/baloney?

Chad_Catholic

Famotidine for the antiserotonin properties, and thiamine for the impact on increased carbon dioxide?
Exactly, and famotidine is also an effective CA inhibitor by the way. You may also want to look into testing for an H. Pylori infection. You can request a test from you PCP, and it shouldn't be more than $70, depending on your insurance. A course of clarithromycin and amoxicillin paired with either famotidine or a PPI is the standard treatment for H. Pylori.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals