Skin issue - redness, visible pores nose area

north

Hey.
Im wondering about skin issues. And i am just gonna write down my observations and thoughts. Please share knowledge about this if you can if I'm way off :geek:
Never really had much of skin issue ever, but now i get some clearly visible pors/blackheads near the nose area and also on my nose. And on my nose i have some blackheads too. Also, just around my nose the skin is a bit red. You know on the side, around the nose wings (have no idea if thats the correct english word lol, not native)

So, I don't have that much knowledge regarding this, i re-read rosacea article but i don't really think that is the same. I know A "opposes estrogens actions in the skin". Zinc has some affect on skin. And A needs to be in a good range, and preferable balanced with the rest D K (E).

Thats just very general though.
I track my nutrients and get a lot of usually everything. I think I'm in the good range of A, but cant be sure of course. I did once overdose on A with caused me bad fatigue, stopped A supp and it went away. So I think I'm not overdoing it now, but i don't know if I'm underdoing it either. All i know is when i up it more it doesn't really make me feel good in general.

I also read this: "The early studies showing "essentiality" of unsaturated fats, by producing skin problems and an increased metabolic rate, have been criticized [18] in the light of better nutritional information, e.g., pointing out that the diets might have been deficient in vitamin B6 and/or biotin. The similar skin condition produced by vitamin B6 deficiency was found to be improved by adding unsaturated fats to the diet. A fat-free liver extract cured the "EFA deficiency."" (Peat's oils in context)

I do eat liver already tho... But maybe i need more B's. I don't wanna eat more liver than i already do, it would be to much cysteine and arachidonic acid.
I have some B6 at home so i will try to supplement that for a few days, but i feel like b6 can be a risky thing to supp, any insights? It also looks like liver and kidney are good sources of biotin (which was mentioned in oils in context), so to not get to much Vit A i think i might try lamb or beef kidney. I have no idea how to cook that tho, and it looks like I'm in for a new experience once again on this journey. (People have asked me why i eat foods like in the 40s lol :lol: why stop with only liver)

I have been on a daily low fat diet lately which might have induced higher need of nutrients, i don't know, pufa is usually 1g per day or so, sometimes less. I feel pretty good otherwise and i like low fat. I get around 20-30g per day, but some days i wanna eat chocolate and get around 50 haha.

Any :2cents regarding all this appreciated! :cool:

tara

Only thing here I can comment meaningfully on is that I sometimes eat kidneys. I usually cut them into bite sized pieces and either fry them alone in coconut oil as I do with liver, or with onions and/or capsicum, or add them to a beef stew made from whatever meat I get off my soup bones. I haven't figured out whether it's a good idea to eat them much or not, but every now and then I feel like a change, and I enjoy them. The fat around them (suet) should be at least as highly saturated as any other fat in the animal.

messtafarian

Sounds like a little bit of gut bacterial overgrowth. If it were me and I was concerned about it I would stop all starches for a week; or if that's not possible go with Peat's "safe" starches like potato, rice and masa harina. Wheat=no.

Peat is not a fan of fermented foods but one quick way to check if bacterial growth is reaching into the sinuses is to try either an OTC yeast.fungal medication on the face or just a bit of yogurt *on* the redness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals