44 Female - SKY high FSH

kimbriel

Anyone have any idea why this would be the case? My FSH was at least 8 times higher than it should be for a non-menopausal woman.

I have Hashimoto's. This year I had lung carcinoid, and cancer surgery to remove it.

My T3 is on a full replacement (49mcg daily) and 38mcg T4. I feel better than I have in years. I've lost 42 lbs in the past 3.5 months.

I also have been taking progesterone oil during my luteal phase, 14 days a month.

My prolactin was excellent, only 11.

TSH was barely detected (I don't treat Thyroid by TSH.

My testosterone was 27 (values 25-45).

I'm still waiting on estradiol. My doctor would not order progesterone because it "has no value". (Eye roll)

Any thoughts? If it IS menopause, I don't mind as I don't want any more children. But I just think I'm a little young for that.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hmm. I know progesterone can suppress FSH and thyroid and progesterone together typically would suppress the pituitary hormones.

I'd say recheck the lab to rule out lab error, perhaps in a different cycle phase as well.

OP
kimbriel

kimbriel

Hmm. I know progesterone can suppress FSH and thyroid and progesterone together typically would suppress the pituitary hormones.

I'd say recheck the lab to rule out lab error, perhaps in a different cycle phase as well.
Thanks. I did see one comment thread on here where the same thing happened to someone who took progesterone and it was because her estrogen was so low (at least that was her theory). This person was in menopause though, whereas I am not. They said that they felt fine after they stopped progesterone supplementation, but "fine" at our different ages means different things. Thank you for your input.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals