Blood Tests - Prolactin, Testosterone, SHBG, LH, FSH, TSH, Free T4, Ferritin

RFTG

Hello!

31 year old male, skinny fat with a wish to return my life to normal. My doctor ordered some blood tests due to the wide arrange of symptoms I am experiencing and which I have dealt with for years:

Low libido
Weak erections
Basically non existent morning wood
Nocturnal erections happens sometimes but weak
Fatigue - no energy, excessive yawning.
Restless legs for a couple of years (tingling legs and feet especially in the evening and night)
Chronic tension headaches and muscle pain in neck. Accompanied by this is lightheadness, dizzy feeling where you feel drunk while walking and eyes won’t focus properly.
Acne
Mild depression / Anhedonia
Look very young for my age, difficulty putting on muscles. When I eat more I tend to gain abdominal fat very quickly and I then feel considerably worse.
Some gut issues but this has been somewhat improved a bit last few years

Diet: Mainly meat, white cod, eggs, white rice, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, fruits, quark, recently incorporated a few almonds and Brazil nuts (avoided for years before). Olive oil, coconut oil, butter, leafy green vegetables and some broccoli lately (also avoided in the past). Occasionally but rarely salmon and tuna. As for supplements I try things every now and then. Previously took only Vitamin D, K2 and Magnesium. Now I have started Thorne basic nutrients multivitamin alongside black gelatinised maca and l-citrulline.

Temperature between 96,8 F - 97,7 F (36,0 c - 36,5 c) depending on the time of day.

Glucose: 5,6 nmol/L

Ferritin: 42 mcg/L (30-400)

FSH 6,8 IU/L

LH 3,2 IU/L

Prolactin 203 miU/L (45-375)

Testosterone: 24,2 nmol/L (684 ng/dl)

SHBG 33,7 nmol/L (15-95)

TSH: 3,7 miU/L (0,55 - 4,78)

Free T4: 13,7 pmol/L (12,0 - 23,0)
(1,064 ng/dl)

I would appreciate any help on analyzing these results. The TSH was 1,8 about three years ago, and the Ferritin 153. Any input in the prolactin level? (Never had this tested before).

What would you say regarding my TSH and free T4 levels, and what would you suggest? Should I ask doctor for trying some thyroid?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Collden

The TSH does indicate mild hypothyroidism, especially if you felt better three years ago, so you could try going on a low dose of thyroid and see if you notice improvements. Being a young man you are among those most likely to see benefits even from pure T4.

I don't know too much about iron but your Ferritin looks pretty low too, doc didn't comment on that? The drop could be a consequence of hypothyroidism though. Do you eat much _red_ meat in particular? Whats your caloric intake like? Could be helpful to put your diet into Cronometer for a few days to see that you are not getting any major nutrient deficiencies.

Last edited:

RFTG

The TSH does indicate mild hypothyroidism, especially if you felt better three years ago, so you could try going on a low dose of thyroid and see if you notice improvements. Being a young man you are among those most likely to see benefits even from pure T4.

I don't know too much about iron but your Ferritin looks pretty low too, doc didn't comment on that? The drop could be a consequence of hypothyroidism though. Do you eat much _red_ meat in particular? Whats your caloric intake like? Could be helpful to put your diet into Cronometer for a few days to see that you are not getting any major nutrient deficiencies.

Thanks for the suggestions, I would like to try a small dose thyroid and hopefully my doctor won’t disagree.

I am awaiting comments from doctor, but I agree the ferritin might be too low for my situation (RLS). My red meat consumption certainly has decreased over the last few years but has lately started to eat it several times a week.

Oh and I will try to log all the food in chronometer for a week!