High ALT, High Cholesterol, Low T

Dhair

I'm still feeling pretty awful. Still suffering from depersonalization/derealization, lack of motivation, low mood, and occasionally extreme anxiety as a result of finasteride/flouroqinolone poisoning 2 years ago. I'm considering TRT again, so I had to get new labs.
The only thing I have been taking consistently is Carlson vitamin D 4,000 IU 10 drops rubbed on the back of my leg, exactly as Danny Roddy does it. I have done this for 2 months, and my vitamin D has actually lowered from 32 to 18.2 ng/ml. I have no idea how this is possible. The rest of the relevant labs are as follows:

SGPT (ALT) - 60 IU/L (ref. 5-45)
LDL (Calc.) - 129 mg/dl (ref. <100)
LDL, Direct - 160mg/dl (ref. <100)
TSH - 0.507 uIU/ml (ref. 0.340-5.600)
Free T4 - 1.4 ng/dl (ref. 0.8-1.9)
PTH - 19 pg/ml
FSH - 3.4 mIU/ml
LH - 6.0 miU/ml
Estradiol - 26.5 pg/ml
Prolactin - 9.3 (down from 13 in January)
Testosterone, total - 283 ng/dl (ref. 240-950)
Testosterone, free - 24.0 pg/ml (ref. 10.0-50.0)

A few months ago, I wouldn't have considered TRT and I would have just tried to use thyroid to fix everything. Maybe I could try to get the vitamin D up and give thyroid a shot again, but my TSH is already pretty low, and I'm just tired of messing with it. These labs are after I used testosterone for 2 months from January to March, so I expected my LH and estrogen to be higher, especially considering the extreme mood swings I've been having since then.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: Just to clarify, these labs were done last week, not immediately after I stopped the testosterone 2 months ago.

Last edited:

SOMO

There are some issues with the Vitamin D blood test in particular and it may not accurately reflect tissue Vitamin D levels.

I had a Vit D test and it was 32ng, even though I have worked indoors for a long time and barely go outside and when I do, I avoid the sun. I even wear hoodies/long sleeve shirts/long pants in the summer.

At the time of this Vit D test I wasn't even drinking milk or consuming much dairy.

I'm all for TRT, but just know that once you begin TRT, it's likely that you won't ever come off it. If you do, you may get classic "rebound" symptoms and suppression of T production. I think you may be a good candidate for TRT based on what you wrote.

I met a guy in his early 50s on testosterone replacement and he wished he started when he was 30.

Also I was hospitalized for hypercalcemia (which can cause kidney failure) when I was supplementing with oral Vit D (5k - 10k IU almost daily) for a few months. Vit D topically hopefully doens't have the same issues, but high oral doses can cause hypercalcemia if not balanced with Vitamin K and A.

OP
D

Dhair

There are some issues with the Vitamin D blood test in particular and it may not accurately reflect tissue Vitamin D levels.

I had a Vit D test and it was 32ng, even though I have worked indoors for a long time and barely go outside and when I do, I avoid the sun. I even wear hoodies/long sleeve shirts/long pants in the summer.

At the time of this Vit D test I wasn't even drinking milk or consuming much dairy.

I'm all for TRT, but just know that once you begin TRT, it's likely that you won't ever come off it. If you do, you may get classic "rebound" symptoms and suppression of T production. I think you may be a good candidate for TRT based on what you wrote.

I met a guy in his early 50s on testosterone replacement and he wished he started when he was 30.

Also I was hospitalized for hypercalcemia (which can cause kidney failure) when I was supplementing with oral Vit D (5k - 10k IU almost daily) for a few months. Vit D topically hopefully doens't have the same issues, but high oral doses can cause hypercalcemia if not balanced with Vitamin K and A.
Thanks for the response.
Like I said, I used testosterone from January to March of this year and came off March 15th. It was an underground source and I tried it just to see if it would work. I noticed some benefits a few weeks in, but after that it made no difference at all, and I had no androgenic effects whatsoever. It could have been underdosed, but it came from a well-reviewed source. I didn't get labs during that time, so I'll never really know what it was doing.
My doctor says he will prescribe an aromatase inhibitor and start me at 200mg once weekly. My results are in the reference range, but I have a hunch that he will still be willing to try it on me because any T level in the 200s is way too low for a 25 year old, and he acknowledges this. I would be very surprised if it was the magic bullet though. Maybe an AI would cause the T to have more of a net androgenic effect. I'm not sure.

benaoao

I would absolutely stay off the synthetic testosterone for now. Your pituitary isn't super responsive and LH+FSH are pumped up to try to solve the problem, but this isn't awful. A low dose exemestane monotherapy could work. But what's your diet?

Your bloods look like what I'd expect from an extrem Peaty diet; I don't know whether that applies to you or not.

SHBG has probably been consistently lowered by the former use of androgens plus a potential high use of sugar, and if your diet isn't chock full of vitamins and minerals your body isn't going to keep T high. Low T is a low cellular energy issue. High sugar will get the TSH down, whereas the thyroid's job would be to pull the brakes and slow down the metabolism in the absence of energy. You're basically saying "we're going 150mph with an empty tank"

High LDL could be vitamin D related, I strongly advocate low dose tanning (5' per week, naked in a salon) or red light. Could also be sugar related, but I don't know what your trigs are. Could finally be a magnesium issue

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals