Nicotine Does Not Compare To Tobacco

Waynish

My thoughts about cigarettes vs cigars notwithstanding, we have no idea what their nutrition and lifestyle is like. They might have spent all day out in the sun gorging canola oil and avocado :D

Also they are all bar one pair, women. With smoking/nicotine lowering estrogen/acting as an aromatase inhibitor (Sure I read that on here?) this could also be an important factor.

Yes, but aren't there studies that all cause mortality is significantly decreased the longer the person has ceased smoking? And many others...

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I wonder why people on this board don't seem to take the health risks associated with smoking more seriously... I haven't reviewed the entire literature, but isn't it pretty resoundingly negative in terms of the actual effects on health. Maybe it seems like a nootropic in the short term, but many stimulants do - don't they?

Are you referring to the smoke or the tobacco itself?

Peater

Yes, but aren't there studies that all cause mortality is significantly decreased the longer the person has ceased smoking? And many others...

A lot of studies prove PUFAs and wholegrains are the key to health and vitality, too :D

There have been a number of smokers live to over 100

I'm not advocating smoking, but I think traditionally prepared tobacco is the least harmful

DaveFoster

Yeah because smoking tobacco lowers MAO-I and makes people bigger risk takers...
So do you mean it increases MAO-A by "[lowering] MAO-I" as in lowering MAO-A inhibition --> increased MAO-A --> more serotonin and dopamine?

Frankdee20

So do you mean it increases MAO-A by "[lowering] MAO-I" as in lowering MAO-A inhibition --> increased MAO-A --> more serotonin and dopamine?

I’ve read this, the mao I, nicotine has its own receptors on Acetylcholine nuerons though. How it boosts dopamine I’m unsure.

ddjd

does anyone find nicotine drops in glycerin when taken orally cause unpleasant over salivation? i got mine from mitolabs

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Recently I stopped smoking becuase its $33 a packet now in the prisoner island and just made it illegal here to sell, buy and import vaping nicotine which i think it lame anyway and only mentioning it. I enjoy smoking I enjoy money more. I couldnt justify these costs.

I started chewing nicotine gum. It was terrible, i destroyed the skin on my lips and septum from chewing all the time, for people talking about mewing, i dont think people who promote it have really tryed chewing all day long.

I went to the doctor which is extemely rare and got the nicotine patches prescription which makes it very cheap. There is 120mg of nicotine in a patch which is released over 24 hours.

I think this is the best way to get nicotine, its always absorbing into the skin all the time. If we could do this with caffiene too i think this would be good. Theres no social remifications because its discreat and low maintance, i put the patch on in the morning and take it off before bed, it says to leave it on for 24 hours but i dont think its good to sleep with it on.

In my job, i get more tips and respect from not smelling like tobacco smoke.

Cameron

I enjoy pipes. Never seen a long time pipe smoker with issues think quality of tabacco and not inhaling Is important I think tabacco itself is fairly safe given good diet and gut health most smokers ignore other health factors

frankmp0

In Norway I used the Swedish snus, in Australia it is illegal to sell chewing tobacco but can import, thanks I forgot about that option.
Do you think nicotine could be used as a replacement for caffeine? I think it might be even more androgenic because it both increases 5ar and inhibits the degradation of dht.

Unrelated, but I am interested in moving to norway, specifically Oslo. I currently live in America. Do you think it would be impossible? I have a business and do not intend to study there, I heard that's how people usually get visas.

Waynish

Do you think nicotine could be used as a replacement for caffeine? I think it might be even more androgenic because it both increases 5ar and inhibits the degradation of dht.

Unrelated, but I am interested in moving to norway, specifically Oslo. I currently live in America. Do you think it would be impossible? I have a business and do not intend to study there, I heard that's how people usually get visas.
I've lived thereabouts before. You could get married :) You could probably get a work visa as well. You'd have to setup a company or something; they have a lot of regulation so it is quite a process.

Considering that many like nicotine + coffee, I don't think it is really a replacement... They're quite different in terms of the high they give you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom