Blood Work - High Cholesterol - High Triglycerides - Low Testosterone

OP
I

Iron Man

No worries Sueq...

I have ordered Taurine and it is on the way. In the mean time, I am throwing everything I can at my situation...

So far I am working in getting more sleep, adding Tocomin, more magnesium, good doses of vitamin D3, 3g of Vitamin C and shortly Taurine. I am also sorting out the high ferritin levels...

I am continuing with my weightlifting, but have not added any cardio component yet.

Doctor wants me to have second lot of blood tests done in 6-8 weeks. I may try and push that out a bit as I want to get a good improvement this time.

OP
I

Iron Man

Being a natural bodybuilder, I am really hoping fixing these other issues will fix the testosterone issue. Man... I hate to think of how many years I have been trying to gain muscle with a massive disadvantage like this. I am no Doctor or anything, but having a Testosterone level of 7.6 nmol/L seems to be a long way outside the Reference Range of 11.0 - 40.0.

OP
I

Iron Man

There was a thread on here somewhere talking about how someone did an experiment with jacking up their testosterone levels via natural supplements. I saw it once, but have not been able to find it since. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Renky said:
There was a thread on here somewhere talking about how someone did an experiment with jacking up their testosterone levels via natural supplements. I saw it once, but have not been able to find it since. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

I'd leave your testosterone alone for now. The best things you can do, which should also increase testosterone, are to improve metabolism and lower serotonin, estrogen and prolactin.

OP
I

Iron Man

Just a quick update...

I have been focusing on the supplements Taurine, Cod liver Oil, Krill Oil and Tocomin to level out the Cholesterol/Triglycerides.

I have also been taking IP6 to get rid of the build up of iron.

I have also been working on losing more body fat. I was roughly at around 19% and am aiming to get down to about 14%. I am also getting better sleep too.

I will go another month and then get some blood test results. Hopefully I there is an improvement...

answersfound

Cod live oil? Krill oil?

Throw out the supplements and focus on foods.

Vitamin A, D, E, K is really all you need. Maybe pregnenolone too.

Blinkyrocket

Why ruin your metabolism to please a doctor? If your metabolism is bad cholesterol is good, TSH is useless btw I got a TSH of .6 with a heart rate of 53.... There are a number of things that lower TSH besides good thyroid function. It seems like a waste of time to me since I got a borderline hyperthyroid TSH while having temps around 96.8 and heart rate of 53. My guess is you haven't read the article about the damages of PUFA (Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids) :?

OP
I

Iron Man

I still have a lot to know about Ray Peat and his methods. Please be assured though, I am taking care of diet and not just throwing vitamins and supplements at my issues. My Triglycerides and Cholesterol levels were alarming, so that is why I am focusing on these a lot. I believe my root issue is related to liver though and I am trying to address that as well (which in turn should help Cholesterol to drop).

I spoke to someone recently and we discovered that with me being a keen gardener, my exposure to herbicides such as glycophate could have been upsetting my "system". I used to use that stuff without gloves, so it was forever getting on my skin. After researching that, I became educated on how bad it is.

Blinkyrocket

Renky said:
I still have a lot to know about Ray Peat and his methods. Please be assured though, I am taking care of diet and not just throwing vitamins and supplements at my issues. My Triglycerides and Cholesterol levels were alarming, so that is why I am focusing on these a lot. I believe my root issue is related to liver though and I am trying to address that as well (which in turn should help Cholesterol to drop).

I spoke to someone recently and we discovered that with me being a keen gardener, my exposure to herbicides such as glycophate could have been upsetting my "system". I used to use that stuff without gloves, so it was forever getting on my skin. After researching that, I became educated on how bad it is.
Cool, when I got my cholesterol measured it was around 250 total (not the same unit of measure as your test, can't remember what though) so I kinda panicked but letting it go felt pretty good when I decided if I had any potential for heart disease (I'm 18 so those numbers are kinda disturbing when just factoring my age) I would just focus on not getting too much iron and getting more calcium because calcification and atherosclerosis are big factors I believe according to ray peat. And on the bright side, the problem with cholesterol would be the cholesterol that forms plaque so high BLOOD cholesterol maybe means it's not all in your arteries :P ppl with low cholesterol still suffer heart attacks.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=6585

DHEA is complicated, it can be converted to troublesome hormones like estrogen if your system can't handle it so small doses should be OK.

OP
I

Iron Man

My Cholesterol was VERY high. My Triglycerides were so high, they could not even measure them.

I am taking IP6 to ditch the excess iron from my system.

Another set of blood tests in 4 weeks will tell me how I am going. My Testosterone is really low and I can still feel that it is low. Crazy when I factor all the weightlifting.

Giraffe

Renky said:
Supplements consumed daily - I take iodine (Iosol drops), selenium, D3 (5,000 IU), A (25,000 IU), K-2, Krill oil (500mg), R-Lipoic Acid (200mg), Acetyl L Carnitine (1,000mg), Curcumin, Resveratrol, Quercetin, Fibroboost, Boron, MSM powder (8g), Silica, Copper, Zinc (15mg), Chromium, Vitamin B, Vitamin C (3g), Immune Boost, Magnesium Citrate
The vitamin A intake might be way to high. I read in this forum that too much vitamin A is anti-thyroid and that 5,000 IU is what Ray Peat recommends for hypothyroid people. - Only 3rd hand information, sorry.

answersfound

Giraffe said:
Renky said:
Supplements consumed daily - I take iodine (Iosol drops), selenium, D3 (5,000 IU), A (25,000 IU), K-2, Krill oil (500mg), R-Lipoic Acid (200mg), Acetyl L Carnitine (1,000mg), Curcumin, Resveratrol, Quercetin, Fibroboost, Boron, MSM powder (8g), Silica, Copper, Zinc (15mg), Chromium, Vitamin B, Vitamin C (3g), Immune Boost, Magnesium Citrate
The vitamin A intake might be way to high. I read in this forum that too much vitamin A is anti-thyroid and that 5,000 IU is what Ray Peat recommends for hypothyroid people. - Only 3rd hand information, sorry.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Please do not spread your misinterpretation of ideas as facts. Vitamin A supplementation is HIGHLY individual. For you to state that someone's Vitamin A intake is too high with such limited information is just absurd. Vitamin A requirements can be as little as 5,000 IU and can be up to 100,000 IU. There are many different variables including how much Vitamin A is being consumed from the diet and also, the metabolic rate. Symptoms are the best way to determine Vitamin A requirements. And it can vary day by day. Also, it must be balanced with Vitamins D and K.

OP
I

Iron Man

Thanks for the replies.

With the testosterone, my levels were really low. I know the high cholesterol, triglycerides and liver issues are possible a factor with this and I am working on this, but long term what is a proven way to elevate testosterone to an above average level without "synthetics"? As already mentioned, I lift weights 4-5 times a week and would consider myself reasonably muscular. The testosterone as low as it is has just flawed me. With the number it is at, it is truly a wonder I have been able to add the muscle that I have.

Amazoniac

Hi! I would drop selenium and zinc for weekly oysters, copper, vitamin A, k2 and B vits for weekly ruminant's liver and daily fatty dairy, krill for weekly cold water fish (raw or slightly cooked), two eggs a day (prob won't affect your lipid panel significantly), magnesium glycinate or chloride (with a bit of glycine or to aid your HCl production a bit), vit 1g seems enough.

OP
I

Iron Man

Thanks.

Now what is the general consensus here on raising testosterone to above average and keeping it there?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals