You're using your squatty potty wrong...

RealNeat

You bought the thing to help you poop and fix your pooping posture to mimic squatting, might as well use it right!

Do you sit on the toilet THEN put your feet on the squatty potty?

Most do. And though it's better than putting feet on the ground it does not mimic squatting.

So how to get the most bang for your buck and do it right?

Get your squatty potty close to the toilet. Hold on to your surrounding and step on the squatty potty like a stool. (Your butt should not be on the seat yet.)

Your heels should be touching the bowl of the toilet, that's how close you should be.

Then, start to do a deep squat. Eventually you will make contact with the seat. THIS is the angle you should maintain.

If you are a poop pro you can poop during the deep squat phase and you can maintain some tension in the thighs to lift some weight off the seat ever so slightly.

Do it and see the difference.

Poop stoops are made on Etsy but sell for ridiculous prices. With this method you should be able to mimic a squat almost identically.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Another aspect worth mentioning is the ghost wipe this produces. Many strive for it by modifying diet but a proper squat almost always leads to a ghost wipe.

Ras

You bought the thing to help you poop and fix your pooping posture to mimic squatting, might as well use it right!

Do you sit on the toilet THEN put your feet on the squatty potty?

Most do. And though it's better than putting feet on the ground it does not mimic squatting.

So how to get the most bang for your buck and do it right?

Get your squatty potty close to the toilet. Hold on to your surrounding and step on the squatty potty like a stool. (Your butt should not be on the seat yet.)

Your heels should be touching the bowl of the toilet, that's how close you should be.

Then, start to do a deep squat. Eventually you will make contact with the seat. THIS is the angle you should maintain.

If you are a poop pro you can poop during the deep squat phase and you can maintain some tension in the thighs to lift some weight off the seat ever so slightly.

Do it and see the difference.

Poop stoops are made on Etsy but sell for ridiculous prices. With this method you should be able to mimic a squat almost identically.
If you are not bearing your bodyweight on your feet and legs while in a squatted posture, you are not truly squatting. The defecatory benefits are found in a true squat, when the body's weight and structure are supported by a squatted posture.

I've always squatted with my feet on the rim of the toilet bowl. Why doesn't every capable person do this?

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

If you are not bearing your bodyweight on your feet and legs while in a squatted posture, you are not truly squatting. The defecatory benefits are found in a true squat, when the body's weight and structure are supported by a squatted posture.
I've always squatted with my feet on the rim of the toilet bowl. Why doesn't every capable person do this?
Im aware of the full squat benefits, but every capable persons toilet is not always capable of bearing their weight. The barrier to entry with that suggestion is much greater, a lot of people don't want to risk injury or busting their toilet.

I would argue that the squatty potty still gives the benefit of preventing the colon kink and my method above will make it even more like a true squat.

This image below shows a much farther squatty potty position from the toilet than I recommend. I recommend ankles to the sides of the bowl.

A

Adf

I know this thread is serious but thank you for a good chuckle :grin:

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I know this thread is serious but thank you for a good chuckle :grin:
It's super serious. I've never been more serious.

Gânico

Where in the bathtub? Form matters bro
Lol, complicating such basic biological process is insane. If your diet is good your poop will be unsticky and manageable, you just need squat on your floor and put something under your a$$ (a plate, a small box, newspaper, whatever) to catch your sh1t, and then throw it away in the toilet.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Lol, complicating such basic biological process is insane. If your diet is good your poop will be unsticky and manageable, you just need squat on your floor and put something under your a$$ (a plate, a small box, newspaper, whatever) to catch your sh1t, and then throw it away in the toilet.
Amazing advice. I'll delete this thread.

InChristAlone

What happens if my legs are too short to do it? I have to then squat on top of the toilet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals