Squatty Potty

Sitting to Poop is Bad
The human body relies on a bend in the colon (where your poop lives) and the anus (where your poop says hi) to keep everything stored until it's time to do your business.

Your Puborectalis Muscle helps keep your poop in place by kinking your colon (like that garden hose) when you're sitting or standing. This is helpful for when you're sitting and don't want to poop, but unhelpful for when you're sitting and do want to poop. If only there were a way to tell your body when to unkink that hose

Squatting to Poop is Good
Your colon's sweet spot comes with the squat. This is the only position where the Puborectalis Muscle fully relaxes, which straightens the kink and allows for a complete elimination without any straining. Bombs away.

The Squatty Potty provides a safe, stable platform to elevate the feet and legs, mimicking a natural squat posture. Squatty Potty is sturdy, comfortable, convenient and affordable. Best of all, it's Unicorn Approved.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E...1504467208&sr=8-2&keywords=9+in+squatty+potty

image.php

Thoughts?

Last edited:

BibleBeliever

I bought one at a discount store for 10 dollars. They are built strong; I think it boasts of holding up to 350 lbs. I didn't notice much of a difference using it, not close enough to a real squat.
In countries where they squat to release their waste there are very low incidents of prostate cancer and everything related. Irritable bowel syndrome is said to be almost non-existent.

We definitely were made to squat. Sitting to release is the lazy person's method.
Squatting through out the day, flat foot especially is helpful if one can't squat to release.

Same thing goes with giving birth, a woman should squat. I've heard in squatting countries that delivery can be quick and relatively painless when they squat.

Amazoniac

I believe there's some truth to it, but I guess that the whole point of squatting is to transfer the pressure to the feet so that the rest can relax, I'm not sure if this is possible if the butt is touching elsewhere, in fact it might increase la tensión as you try to bring the legs closer to the body; the product is tilted forwards, so I believe it's meant to be used while seated.

Even if you're able to avoid touching the toilet seat, unlike squat toilets, the feet will still remain below that level and it's challenging to balance without tensing up. Seems like a clumsy adaptation that can help a bit, but reading burtlan's posts during excrementation should relax all muscles.

Last edited:
J

James IV

I've had one for close to 8 years. It makes a noticeable difference for me in ease of defication. Truly squatting (all weight on feet) is best though.

L

lollipop

I have not used this device but after living in India for 12 yrs and squatting, I can wholeheartedly say it is MUCH better. When I returned and tried to (warning: tmi) squat on the seat, and crazy funny experiences, I gave up the precarious position and decided to mimic the best I could while sitting. I put a yoga block under my feet which raises the legs to mimic fairly closely the squat position. Works great.

stressucks

How am I supposed to Instagram on the toilet if I'm in this awkward squatting position?

Plus I don't know if my legs can handle it.

Xisca

When I was running a children summer camp, they had to learn to squat! Some children really had difficulties, and thus, we taught them wearing a short upon trousers, and showing them how they were supposed to do, to not have to wash anything afterward!
I put a yoga block under my feet
I noticed that all my life I have been sitting bending over my thighs and tiptoeing!
I do not feel I need it, it just came automatically.

And nothing I like better than a high compost toilet dropping far away and not having to care about some water coming up with some Archimede force...

Jib

Jonathan Isbit no longer sells the Nature's Platform. Such a shame. He did sell them for a long time. To me it's an absolute tragedy that it never took off like the Squatty Potty did. If I were Isbit, I would be pissed off about that and certainly feel cheated. Just another case of someone with genuine passion and understanding creating a great product and going completely unnoticed because of a lack of a professional marketing team and/or dumb luck. Nature's Platform is very clearly the best solution for Western toilets as it allows a full squat position, and is easily disassembled and moved away from the toilet if desired.

I started a thread about it almost 7 years ago here:

Squat Toilets And Endotoxin

Original website is here:

Nature's Platform

The Nature's Platform is a great design. The base is made of PVC pipes over galvanized steel, with a thick plastic top that fits over it. The top comes off easily and the base folds together, all very quickly, so it can be stacked against the wall or hidden in a closet if you don't want guests to look at you funny. I've been considering making my own version out of plywood but have not done so yet; last time I tried to order another Nature's Platform, I was told that he's no longer accepting orders.

Anyway, it's hard to believe, but I've been using the Nature's Platform for almost 7 years. Can't imagine going to the bathroom without it. I think squatting is tremendously underrated and it's very obviously the position humans are intended to defecate in.

As well as give birth in:

Labor and Delivery Methods: The Ins and Outs of Squatting Births

By forcing your upper leg bones (the femura) to act like levers on your pelvic bones, you can widen your pelvic opening by 20 to 30 percent, says Alana Bibeau, Ph.D, a doula and a member of the Rhode Island Birth Network Board of Trustees. The position also increases the amount of oxygen brought to the uterine muscles and baby, helps to dilate the cervix, relieve pain, reduce the need for an episiotomy or a cesarean section and lessen stress on the baby. All of that (plus the obvious gravity component) can help speed up the process, too.

Anyway, back to Nature's Platform: the design is absolutely fantastic. Obviously a lot of thought was put into it. I've been considering making a knockoff for personal use out of plywood using hinges to make it collapsible. Unfortunately, being able to quickly disassemble and put it away is an important feature, given the stigma around the whole idea.

Which is stupid, but that's society for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom