Your thiamine experience??

Birdie

Thiamine has helped my husband with Parkinson's Ds. He takes 1500 on awakening and 1000mg after lunch. He takes Mg before bed also and follows Peat advice to some extent. We spent many months with trial and error to find this dose for him.

DaveFoster

I took 4500mg daily for several weeks. I'd take 1500mg three times per day. It might have been months. Anyway, I had good results, but it can cause indigestion and nausea. The carbonic anhydrase inhibition feels similar to biotin. I took biotin with it as well, also in supra-physiological amounts for extended periods of time with no ill effects. Thiamine, niacinamide, and biotin all tend to increase the demand for carbohydrate.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I took 4500mg daily for several weeks. I'd take 1500mg three times per day. It might have been months. Anyway, I had good results, but it can cause indigestion and nausea. The carbonic anhydrase inhibition feels similar to biotin. I took biotin with it as well, also in supra-physiological amounts for extended periods of time with no ill effects. Thiamine, niacinamide, and biotin all tend to increase the demand for carbohydrate.
what i wonder is that if you have had chronic stress for a long time, could that somehow deplete stores? of some of the B's? which would need to be replenished for you to function optimally again?

Last edited:

DaveFoster

what i wonder is that if you have had chronic stress for a long time, could that somehow deplete stores? of some of the B's? which would need to be replenished for you to function optimally again?
I think that's more of a problem with minerals.

Lizb

Thiamine has helped my husband with Parkinson's Ds. He takes 1500 on awakening and 1000mg after lunch. He takes Mg before bed also and follows Peat advice to some extent. We spent many months with trial and error to find this dose for him.
Did you have to work up to that dose?

Sorry just seen your earlier post

BrianF

What were your reactions to dairyitch

Stress will delete the bodies B vitamins very quickly.

Birdie

Did you have to work up to that dose?

Sorry just seen your earlier post
Haha. I was about to answer yes etc... Buena suerte!

youngsinatra

Anyone experimented with thiamine pyrophospate? It‘s the active form, found in foods and the form your body turns free thiamine into.

And you only need physiological doses like 1-3mg.

Just received a bottle of it for trial.

Kashuba

Thiamine HCL is powerful enough for me. Don’t know how you crazy ************* complain that 500MG does nothing
I agree! 🤣The equivalent of just 1 mg of B-1 taken in daily from one's diet might even be sufficient to stave off beriberi!

Ben.

Anyone experimented with thiamine pyrophospate? It‘s the active form, found in foods and the form your body turns free thiamine into.

And you only need physiological doses like 1-3mg.

Just received a bottle of it for trial.
yes. but taking it trough the stomach will have it turn into hcl afaik. so one approach would be sublingual ... i found 2 people reporting success that way ... personally i think it feels good but nothing impressive either.

Some of the thiamine found in food is free, but some of it is also in its "active" forms. Can we absorb it? No. In the intestine, the only way to absorb it is by dephosphorylating the vitamin (removing phosphate) to yield the free form. The same applies to P5P and R5P. We do not have machinery to absorb the active forms... we can only absorb the inactive, free forms. Hence, assuming Thiamine cocarboxylase reaches the gut... it will only be absorbed as free thiamine, which is basically the same as thiamine salts. On the other hand, if it DOES absorb through the buccal cavity in the mouth, then it may be beneficial. However, I have not yet come across any evidence that TPP can be absorbed that way. I am open to change my stance on that, if anyone can show me evidence to the contrary

but as with everything, trial and error beats theory so im eager to hear your experience with it.

youngsinatra

yes. but taking it trough the stomach will have it turn into hcl afaik. so one approach would be sublingual ... i found 2 people reporting success that way ... personally i think it feels good but nothing impressive either.

but as with everything, trial and error beats theory so im eager to hear your experience with it.
I have found some comparative studies on thiamine vs. thiamine phyrophosphate.

„Of the various B1 vitamers similarly tested (Fig. 2A–D), thiamine pyrophosphate was effective at all concentrations investigated (Fig. 2C), whereas thiamine and thiamine monophosphate were not inhibitory.“

„These results show that thiamine pyrophosphate significantly prevents oxidative damage induced by cisplatin in brain tissue, while the protective effect of thiamine is insignificant.

„Oxidant parameters (MDA and DNA damage) decreased and antioxidant parameter (GSH) increased in TPP (Thiamine Pyrophosphate) + DOX group. In addition, levels of CK, CK-MB, and TP-I were low in the TPP + DOX group and high in the TIA (Thiamine) + DOX and DOX groups. Cardiac tissue was protected in TPP + DOX group, and no protective effect was observed in TIA + DOX and DOX groups.“

bagotage

@Michael Mohn Hey, thanks for writing so much about injecting B1. I started a week or two ago, at ~100mg ~2x weekly, was wondering what kinds of dosing schedules you've tried? It seems there's not much risk of using too much, so I'm wondering if I should try injecting more often. I'm not seeing much of a result yet (for peripheral neuropathic pain), but I'm aware it could take a long time, too.

Peater

Anyone else have to keep an eye on magnesium levels (Going by feel here not labs) when the supplement forms like TTFD, subultiamine etc??

Michael Mohn

@Michael Mohn Hey, thanks for writing so much about injecting B1. I started a week or two ago, at ~100mg ~2x weekly, was wondering what kinds of dosing schedules you've tried? It seems there's not much risk of using too much, so I'm wondering if I should try injecting more often. I'm not seeing much of a result yet (for peripheral neuropathic pain), but I'm aware it could take a long time, too.
I started with 20mg of thiamine, than 50mg and 100mg. The first time was amazing, my brain was lighting up. The following injections were much less impressive but still good. If you don't feel anything after 3 high dose injections you might want to stop it, it's not doing anything for you. Maybe try something else. I find injections not very pleasant so when the effect became weak I stopped. I might try again or try a lipophilic thiamine.

bagotage

I started with 20mg of thiamine, than 50mg and 100mg. The first time was amazing, my brain was lighting up. The following injections were much less impressive but still good. If you don't feel anything after 3 high dose injections you might want to stop it, it's not doing anything for you. Maybe try something else. I find injections not very pleasant so when the effect became weak I stopped. I might try again or try a lipophilic thiamine.
Honestly, I am doing so badly, and have been doing so badly for so long, that very few things really make much of a noticeable immediate difference, and even when I think they do, it's very hard to tell exact cause and effect, as I'm also deeply affected by, e.g., the weather. So I guess I'm willing to give things a longer trial. And I already do daily injections of testosterone, so I don't mind shots. But it's true, I haven't had any kind of "brain lighting up"-type experience from thiamine so far.

Relatedly, is it normal in your experience for the injection to hurt? Like, the thiamine itself? Not post-injection pain, or the pain of the needle, but the feeling of the thiamine entering the body. I'm using thiamine from Life Giving Store, who seem to be well trusted around here.

Michael Mohn

Honestly, I am doing so badly, and have been doing so badly for so long, that very few things really make much of a noticeable immediate difference, and even when I think they do, it's very hard to tell exact cause and effect, as I'm also deeply affected by, e.g., the weather. So I guess I'm willing to give things a longer trial. And I already do daily injections of testosterone, so I don't mind shots. But it's true, I haven't had any kind of "brain lighting up"-type experience from thiamine so far.

Relatedly, is it normal in your experience for the injection to hurt? Like, the thiamine itself? Not post-injection pain, or the pain of the needle, but the feeling of the thiamine entering the body. I'm using thiamine from Life Giving Store, who seem to be well trusted around here.
If I hit a vein properly it doesn't hurt. Once I shot it subcutaneous and I had to inject it very slowly because the volume was stretching the skin. I only do intravenous.
The RDA for thiamine is under 2mg if you take a few doses >20mg any deficiency should be taken care of.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I believe i have depleted myself from b1 with high-carb diet.

when i started a high-carb diet i saw improvements in t4-t3 conversion and general symptoms were getting better, but since awhile i have been regressing. I believe its due to b1 depletion, started taking 300mg and my pulse and bowels already getting better.

The only problem is that it seems to be causing high acetylcholine and insomnia, i have taken vit e last evening, which further increase ach and couldn't fall asleep at all last night, whoah....

Going to be testing in the coming days different dosages and see how it will affect me.

youngsinatra

I believe i have depleted myself from b1 with high-carb diet.

when i started a high-carb diet i saw improvements in t4-t3 conversion and general symptoms were getting better, but since awhile i have been regressing. I believe its due to b1 depletion, started taking 300mg and my pulse and bowels already getting better.

The only problem is that it seems to be causing high acetylcholine and insomnia, i have taken vit e last evening, which further increase ach and couldn't fall asleep at all last night, whoah....

Going to be testing in the coming days different dosages and see how it will affect me.
Yeah. The high acetylcholine is a real problem for me aswell.

I take 5-10mg of thiamine pyrophosphate (sublingually holding it for 5-10min) every now and then (depending on how I feel) to make sure I‘m not deficient, as I get some deficiency symptoms after a while without it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals