Thiamine Type?

Korven

Just bought this as well, will report results here when I get to try it. Looks like a great clean supplement and you can easily adjust dosage as well.

Decided to bring in the heavy guns for fixing CFS like symptoms/exercise intolerance which I think has to do with high lactate. Also want to improve digestion because I don't think I'm actually absorbing anything I eat

Thiamax update!

Been experimenting with allithiamine for the past couple weeks now. I find that getting the dosage and timing right can be quite difficult - it uses up a lot of metabolic fuel and sometimes it just makes me feel weird and it becomes harder to interact with people, can't string together coherent sentences etc. Sometimes it makes me very fatigued and sleepy.

But when you do dial things in correctly this stuff seems kind of magical.

Temperature is running close to 99 F now with heart rate @ 85 BPM, which is kind of crazy considering that I used to be stuck at 96.8 F before "peating". Honestly I feel pretty awesome right now, though admittedly the nice weather lately is probably helping out with metabolism. I have never experimented with thyroid hormone but I can imagine that this is what it would feel like when you get the dosage right.

My CFS problems and chronic cold and flu symptoms seem to be mainly endotoxin driven. Being very strict with 0 starch is super helpful for me to manage these symptoms. I am actually astonished by how quickly my health turns around when I cut out rice/potatoes/beans etc. How does no one talk about this except for Ray Peat? When I have starch fermenting in my colon the endotoxin, serotonin, NO, histamine etc just ruins everything and no supplement does much of everything to improve things.

Zero starch and allithiamine helps a lot with the fatigue but I'm still wary of working out, don't want to crash my metabolism. Temps and heart rate suggest lowered lactate and higher CO2.

I currently take 25 mg everyday and I find it works best when combined with magnesium and B complex, which is what Dr Lonsdale recommends so that's what I'm doing. God bless Dr Lonsdale and his work.

Edit: I can't put this into words fully yet but I feel like allithiamine is definitely helping with restoring energy metabolism in my brain. Probably severely deficient considering that I lived off of alcohol and white rice for months and have had many infections

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Luann

haidut posted that regular Thiamin HCl is as good as the fat-soluble form if you can wait a week for blood levels to build back up. he has held that view for a while now so I trust it!

I found Hcl at GNC ( in the U.S.) with only brown rice and cellulose for filler.

haidut posted that regular Thiamin HCl is as good as the fat-soluble form if you can wait a week for blood levels to build back up. he has held that view for a while now so I trust it!

I found Hcl at GNC ( in the U.S.) with only brown rice and cellulose for filler.
It's not only about blood levels. TTFD is superior, because it crosses the blood brain barrier much better. Thiamine is crucial for the CNS.

Recoen

Chris Masterjohn seems to think allithiamine is a breakdown product of thiamine. TTFD has been really helpful for me and others I know.

I've experimented with Thiamax orally and topically over the last few weeks. Thiamax is just TTFD (allithiamine) + magnesium taurate, with no additives. To me, oral Thiamax seems roughly as strong as oral allithiamine from Ecological Formulas -- maybe a little weaker, but I haven't taken EF's allithiamine in months, so I can't be sure. And EF's allithiamine has nasty excipients, so I would still much prefer Thiamax even if the two brands did differ in strength.

I get stronger results from oral TTFD than from oral thiamine HCl, and for me, the benefits of TTFD seem to last longer than those of thiamine HCl. As others have stated, you can to some extent overcome this disadvantage of thiamine HCl by just taking more of it, but because of impurities in supplements, people with sensitive GI tracts might have an easier time tolerating a small dose of TTFD than a much larger dose of thiamine HCl for months on end. Obviously would depend on context.

I've been having bad GI problems (which started long before I tried Thiamax), so lately I've been trying to take supplements topically rather than orally when possible. For the last few days, I've been taking TTFD from Thiamax capsules, dissolving it in MCT oil, and applying it to my skin. Good results so far, as I discuss in the following post:

Questions On DIY Topical B Vitamins

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals