Intramuscular Thiamine HCl

ealomz

Hello everybody,
I would like to know if anyone has injected a lower dose of thiamine than 100 mg. I want to try the intramuscular or subcutaneous route as my gut gets very irritated taking the oral form, but maybe I don't need such high doses. Constantini says the injectable is about 14 times more potent than the oral. So I would like to try something lower, do you think it is possible?
Some experiences?
Thank you!

AspiringSage

Its certainly possible to use thiamine in lower IM doses. You may want to find a multi use vial that allows you to draw out smaller doses or to simply accept that you will be wasting some from a glass ampule if not injecting the full volume.

I am about to embark on a small series of IM thiamine experiments, I’ll post my observations in a thread when they conclude. To date, I have only experimented with two small IM injections of B complex that contains thiamine. Conveniently, it’s inexpensive and comes in a large multi use vial. The product is made in the US and intended for veterinary use. I have also obtained Russian injectable thiamine intended for use in humans; but, haven’t tried it yet. It’s more expensive, comes in glass vials and takes a while to arrive.

The first injection of b complex was a shallow low dose IM test (just barely onto the muscle) using an insulin pen (short small needle e.g. 31g 5/16” needle). The intent was to evaluate for discomfort or allergic response not to administer a biologically significant dose. I didn’t note any reaction and could barely feel any discomfort at the site.

The second injection was an larger (though less than .25 of the horse horse/goat label indications for my body weight) IM dose using a larger insulin pen (27g 1/2” needle). There was some discomfort at the injection site which faded over 1/2 hour. This was likely from B6 rather than thiamine. I felt a noticeable boost in energy and perhaps mental clarity that has persisted for several days.

I’ll update here with B complex/thiamine dosing and eventually a link to my thread after a few months of self experiments.

As always this is not medical advise. This information is shared as protected speech on personal experience with harm reduction/self experiment/self treatment. Sometimes my lab ferret runs around on the keyboard after experiments and I can’t be held responsible for his opinions. Always use substances as labeled and in accordance with your medical providers advise.