The Minimum Amount Of Oral Thiamine HCL Required For Fixing Metabolism?

Astolfo

I'm short of money, i can only afford 10 grams of thiamine a month. And this is all I can afford, so no riboflavin together with thiamine. But If I get any benefit, I can afford more in the later. How many mg Thiamine HCL should i take daily? Is there any OD risk? Should i try riboflavin too? (LDH inhibition)

@haidut

achillea

No problem with overdose. Add magnesium instead of riboflavin. Dr. Lonsdale says to start out at 50mg and work up

OP
A

Astolfo

Dr. Lonsdale says to start out at 50mg and work up

I have seen different numbers. @haidut said 8000 mg is used for alzheimer patients but i also heard 600 mg is used for lowering lactate. I would like to know approximate number that I have to take least in order to "fix" something.

sweetpeat

I guess it depends on what you're trying to "fix". Here are a collection of quotes I've gathered from the forum on thiamine. Most, if not all, are from haidut.

"Thiamine has highly beneficial effects on improving glucose oxidation and reducing the glycemic burden. The dosages from the animal and human trials are in the range 300mg-3,000mg daily, depending on whether it is for controlling symptoms of hyperglycemia or treating damage caused by an already established diabetes condition."

"Exact dosage will depend on specific person based on things like weight and tolerance to thiamine. Usually, 10mg/kg daily is enough to improve glucose control."

"I think an oral dose of 50mg-100mg daily is probably enough for most people but higher doses may be needed initially if there is severe thiamine deficiency."

"If you are healthy and take thiamine for performance / mental reasons then I would stick to no more than 300mg every 4-6 hours and ensure you get at least 1g/kg of carbs / sugar with the dosage of thiamine. Thiamine supplementation for glycemic control is best suited for people who are either thiamine deficient or have a problem getting thiamine transported into their cells. As the study on chronic fatigue in IBS showed, higher dosages of thiamine force thiamine into the cell and normalize metabolism even though blood thiamine levels were considered normal in the IBS patients before supplementation."

"My personal experience is that 2 capsule of allithiamine (50mg each for a total of 100mg) give me the same mental and body boost as 1,500mg of thiamine Hcl."

"Peat's recommendation is taking 300mg thiamine every 4 hours if a person has degenerative conditions."

"In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, researchers gave patients with early-stage diabetic kidney disease 300 mg of vitamin B1 (thiamine) or a placebo daily for three months. Those taking thiamine experienced many benefits of vitamin B1, including a 41 percent decrease in urinary albumin excretion. Even more impressive, in one-third of those taking the vitamin, the condition disappeared completely!"

BearWithMe

I guess it depends on what you're trying to "fix". Here are a collection of quotes I've gathered from the forum on thiamine. Most, if not all, are from haidut.

"Thiamine has highly beneficial effects on improving glucose oxidation and reducing the glycemic burden. The dosages from the animal and human trials are in the range 300mg-3,000mg daily, depending on whether it is for controlling symptoms of hyperglycemia or treating damage caused by an already established diabetes condition."

"Exact dosage will depend on specific person based on things like weight and tolerance to thiamine. Usually, 10mg/kg daily is enough to improve glucose control."

"I think an oral dose of 50mg-100mg daily is probably enough for most people but higher doses may be needed initially if there is severe thiamine deficiency."

"If you are healthy and take thiamine for performance / mental reasons then I would stick to no more than 300mg every 4-6 hours and ensure you get at least 1g/kg of carbs / sugar with the dosage of thiamine. Thiamine supplementation for glycemic control is best suited for people who are either thiamine deficient or have a problem getting thiamine transported into their cells. As the study on chronic fatigue in IBS showed, higher dosages of thiamine force thiamine into the cell and normalize metabolism even though blood thiamine levels were considered normal in the IBS patients before supplementation."

"My personal experience is that 2 capsule of allithiamine (50mg each for a total of 100mg) give me the same mental and body boost as 1,500mg of thiamine Hcl."

"Peat's recommendation is taking 300mg thiamine every 4 hours if a person has degenerative conditions."

"In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, researchers gave patients with early-stage diabetic kidney disease 300 mg of vitamin B1 (thiamine) or a placebo daily for three months. Those taking thiamine experienced many benefits of vitamin B1, including a 41 percent decrease in urinary albumin excretion. Even more impressive, in one-third of those taking the vitamin, the condition disappeared completely!"
Incredible work, thank you sweetpeat!

achillea

Good post sweetpeat.
We use the Lipothiamine. Started at 50mg for a while then to 100mg daily. Got rid of my vertigo.
200mg got rid of a 10 year problem for my wife. With Magnesium of course

OP
A

Astolfo

@Astolfo, how much do you pay for the 10g? I just bought 100g of thiamine HCL powder for 20 bucks

49 TL. It’s not that much if you convert it to dollars but we get paid by turkish lira, so it wouldn’t make sense to convert it.

Im in turkey, so no shipping, no amazon, no iherb, etc. I have to get prescription to be able to order supplements from abroad. But still everything comes expensive because of currency.

@sweetpeat What do you think when it’s the best time to take B1? At morning on empty stomach (meal afterwards)? Or at the evening? Does it matter if i drink coffee after a short time? I heard that it inhibits thiamine in body but i don’t know how it does so.

Whichway?

49 TL. It’s not that much if you convert it to dollars but we get paid by turkish lira, so it wouldn’t make sense to convert it.

Im in turkey, so no shipping, no amazon, no iherb, etc. I have to get prescription to be able to order supplements from abroad. But still everything comes expensive because of currency.

@sweetpeat What do you think when it’s the best time to take B1? At morning on empty stomach (meal afterwards)? Or at the evening? Does it matter if i drink coffee after a short time? I heard that it inhibits thiamine in body but i don’t know how it does so.

My experience with B complex (I haven't tried B1 on its own yet) is that they can give you insomnia if you take them late in the day. I always took mine in the morning, or by lunch.

My experience with B complex (I haven't tried B1 on its own yet) is that they can give you insomnia if you take them late in the day. I always took mine in the morning, or by lunch.

Bcomplex is completely different from B1, so this implication concerning thiamine and insomnia is inapplicable.

Astolfo, thiamine will slow your breathing/heart rate, for which reason it is perfect for getting ready for bed. I take 300mg with my last meal before bed (zero-fat dairy, fruit, gelatin, honey) with some magnesium.

OP
A

Astolfo

Again thanks to all who helped. As I also want some cognitive boost asides fixing something in long term, I want to take it at morning. Just, coffee confused my mind. It has antithiamine factors which inhibits absorption, so when I should drink my morning coffee? 1 Hour after the thiamine? 2 Hours minimum? Also I wonder which way I would get the maximum efficiency. 100 mg x3 a day or 300 mg single dose at the morning? I plan upping this dose to 600 mg a day for a really short time.

Candeias

'Thiamine disulfide (500 microM) blocked 99.7% of HIV-1 production after 96 hr culture in acute HIV-1 (LAV-1) infection (m.o.i. = 0.002), whereas it inhibited 90-98% of HIV-1 production in chronic-infected cells'

Does anyone know the dose to reach concentrations of 500mM?

All the forms I see of Thiamine disulfide are fat-soluble, so it will probably be stored in the fat, but I don't know where it can influence (perhaps decreasing the dose over time reaches the same concentrations (?))

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals