How serious are the risks of taking Thiamine chronically?

Astolfo

At mega doses does it have any risk of downregulating my thiamine transporters (in the gut) permanently? Or could it cause my body to handle it more inefficiently or wasting more thus making me thiamine deficient after stopping taking B1?

LoryEl

Dis you find anything on this? I am also curious ? as i am already experimenting with some other doses and can not feel anything different

I think that your body creates more liver enzymes to get rid of it quickly. I’ve never noticed a problem with stopping. But I am wondering if other B deficiencies may crop up, when taking large amounts of B1 and B3.

LoryEl

Thanks for the feedback. I started lowering fats to a minimum and upping sugar for fat loss. I am skinny fat so trying this for a while to change body composition. I also experienced some focus issues last year and upping B1 (i am under a gram a day but planning to go to 2g) + little doses of urea seems to help both with focus and with upping sugars in the diet. I will only try this for a month but already seeing some interesting results after 10 days... It is heavy on the liver but not as heavy as i expected mostly associated with early phases of introducing urea. Seems to be better now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals