wrong all along

Nicholas

A few weeks ago when i began to notice a stomach acid/enzyme root to some of my dysfunctions i began exploring the imbalances which could lead to this. for myself, the only imbalance i could perceive was very high stress in my life..not drinking enough water....and....perhaps not chewing my food well enough (i.e. helping the enzyme process). When i began to chew my food appropriately, i began to realize how i had been doing it wrong all along. i am now a firm believer in chewing food appropriately to be a huge aspect of healing and i think a simple change like this can improve people's digestion, can improve hypoglycemia, can improve food allergies/sensitivities, can improve autoimmune disorders, etc. i haven't even really researched it. but for those who wonder if they don't chew their food correctly, this could be a simple change that could have far-reaching results.

i remembered this post from peatarian from a while back:

"This might be obvious to a lot of you, but sometimes I miss the most obvious things.

Last week I realised I ate very quickly, gulped fluids, and never really gave my mouth the chance to do its job as part of the digestive system.

I've been thoroughly chewing for a few days, making sure food is nice and mushy and coated in saliva before swallowing, and slowly sipping fluids -- basically taking as much pressure off the rest of the digestive tract as possible -- and I feel like a new man.

My white tongue has disappeared for the first time in about 3 years. Libido has been terrific, I've slept like a log, and I generally feel much lighter, calmer, and positive. And that's just a few days. I'm gonna watch for other changes in the next week.

Just thought I should point that out in case there's anyone out there as foolish as me ;)" - SeekSelfHumiliation (Jan18, 2014)

Why look, another epiphany on the forum :cool:

Suikerbuik

Be prepared for questions, or another nickname.

Suikerbuik

Either people will ask you whether you dislike their foods, or they will simply call you a cow ;).

This is a well known saying: "drink your foods and eat your drinks".

Suikerbuik said:
post 116505 Either people will ask you whether you dislike their foods, or they will simply call you a cow ;).

Yes I have noticed this trend as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

It reminded me the gandhi quote "Chew your drink and drink your food" don't know if the quote is legit though.

Anyway, isn't that the reason why Peat advocates for favouring liquid nutrition ?

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Makrosky said:
post 116508 Anyway, isn't that the reason why Peat advocates for favouring liquid nutrition ?

i wasn't aware that he advocated for liquid nutrition. :coffee the point is the enzymes, not the liquid.

Suikerbuik

Besides enzymes, I think you can also include the growth factors and direct effect on the brain from chewing itself.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Suikerbuik said:
post 116516 Besides enzymes, I think you can also include the growth factors and direct effect on the brain from chewing itself.
:nomnompopcorn

Makrosky

Nicholas said:
post 116509
Makrosky said:
post 116508 Anyway, isn't that the reason why Peat advocates for favouring liquid nutrition ?

i wasn't aware that he advocated for liquid nutrition. :coffee the point is the enzymes, not the liquid.

Gallons of milk, orange juice, coffee, you name it.

brumpfschmlog said:
post 116529
Such_Saturation said:
post 116498 Why look, another epiphany on the forum
the religious aspects of Peatism, with all of its rituals. We are saved!

Well you can't follow every messiah, you can go to one heaven and at least five or six other hells :ss

Mountain

Reminds me of a documentary I watched about this guy. He had a hole through to his stomach through which the doctor doing experiments on him would dangle bits of food into his stomach then pull it out to assess the digestion of the food. He also did other tests where he made the guy eat the food instead and found that it was far more digested in the same time.

I noticed that I really gulp down my liquids, too. Are you kinda just swishing the liquids around now?

NathanK

Mountain said:
post 116542 Reminds me of a documentary I watched about this guy. He had a hole through to his stomach through which the doctor doing experiments on him would dangle bits of food into his stomach then pull it out to assess the digestion of the food. He also did other tests where he made the guy eat the food instead and found that it was far more digested in the same time.
The majority we know about digestion we can owe to him. Fascinating stuff.

I learned to eat so fast in the military at a young age that I still need to remember to slow down. Good reminder

halken

Remember that saliva itself is the signature of one's constitution. It would reflect that someone who is highly stressed may find that their stressed-saliva can "contaminate" the food and thus disabling proper digestion.

Peata

This post has been a good reminder that I need to slow down and chew as well. I started being mindful of it lately. I think I'm often in a hurry to just get the food down so I can get on with it and do something else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals