Winter is coming, gather round the Christmas tree

I was thinking to make a thread where you could come every time you feel lonely, post something and it will be read.
Christmas is the magical time of year where everything comes together.
Regardless of the time of the year, please post something, you are not alone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sNGsSHJhMo&pp=ygUPbWVycnkgY2hyaXN0bWFz

Great idea Bozidar! I had my first Christmas without my husband, who past away last year. I was feeling the stress of the holidays, and dreading them, so I decided to do every holiday totally different, and made meatloaf for Thanksgiving and I decorated a ladder for Christmas. I am creating new traditions in a new chapter of my life, and it feels good.
1698165313880.jpeg

1698165460955.jpeg

Beatrix_

I was thinking to make a thread where you could come every time you feel lonely, post something and it will be read.
Christmas is the magical time of year where everything comes together.
Regardless of the time of the year, please post something, you are not alone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sNGsSHJhMo&pp=ygUPbWVycnkgY2hyaXN0bWFz

What a lovely idea!

Great idea Bozidar! I had my first Christmas without my husband, who past away last year. I was feeling the stress of the holidays, and dreading them, so I decided to do every holiday totally different, and made meatloaf for Thanksgiving and I decorated a ladder for Christmas. I am creating new traditions in a new chapter of my life, and it feels good.
View attachment 57227
View attachment 57228
Both your meal and the decorations look amazing! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing! It gives meaning to moving on 💖

OP
Bozidar

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I had my first Christmas without my husband, who past away last year. I was feeling the stress of the holidays, and dreading them, so I decided to do every holiday totally different, and made meatloaf for Thanksgiving and I decorated a ladder for Christmas. I am creating new traditions in a new chapter of my life, and it feels good.
Oh, so sorry to hear about your husband.
Holiday pictures look great. :)

@Beatrix_ did you experience a death too? I have had six since the beginning of last year and have been experiencing a lot of ups and downs from so much. The holidays seem like a challenge, but I am up for proving to myself, that I can forge a new path.

Beatrix_

@Beatrix_ did you experience a death too? I have had six since the beginning of last year and have been experiencing a lot of ups and downs from so much. The holidays seem like a challenge, but I am up for proving to myself, that I can forge a new path.
I have lost a dear close person in 2017, and the challenge is always there in the holidays. On the bright side, life does bring joy continuously among people who love each other! Since 2020 my family lost some members and many friends, but it was also a time when I made new like-minded friends and new life was born among us too, creating meaning and bringing renewed purpose into our lives.

I am so sorry to hear about your losses and hope you have been getting the support you need ❤️‍🩹

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I love this thread @Bozidar! Home Alone was one of my favorite movies in the 90’s. I have a beautiful poem my mom gave me the Christmas after my grandma passed away. It’s framed in storage atm with my Christmas decorations but I put it out every year. I’ll share it in this thread when I unpack everything which is usually mid November.

OP
Bozidar

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I love this thread @Bozidar! Home Alone was one of my favorite movies in the 90’s. I have a beautiful poem my mom gave me the Christmas after my grandma passed away. It’s framed in storage atm with my Christmas decorations but I put it out every year. I’ll share it in this thread when I unpack everything which is usually mid November.
Yay! Great!🙂

frannybananny

View attachment 57227
View attachment 57228
You are hilariously creative and brave in your moving on. Hang in there! And thanks for the inspiration. ♥

Lilac

Christmas is hands-down my favorite holiday. :christmastree:🎅❄️

"Sleigh Ride" (with Arthur Fiedler conducting) was used for a wonderful little film of a horse and carriage in snowy Central Park. It aired every Christmas on channel 5, W-NEW, in New York, when I was a kid. I've searched for the film but have yet to find it. Maybe someday. Until then:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OATi34PKNPw

OP
Bozidar

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Which moves are you watching in Christmas time?
When I was a child, in Croatia, every year, the same movies aired. That has really stuck with me throughout my life, but sadly as I was getting sicker and sicker I have such nervousness and anxiety which disables me from being able to watch and enjoy these movies.
On very rare occasion I can...

Some of those movies are:
Home Alone 1, 2
Die Hard 1
The last Boyscout
Back to the Future 1, 2, 3
Batman 1, 2, 3
Lethal Weapon 1, 2, 3
Commando

I was born in 1988 so 90's were my childhood.🙂

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals