Why You‘re Always Tired (Hint: Orexin Neuropeptide)

This is quite interesting. I always have tons of energy, and don’t eat starches much, so this explains a lot.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

To get the effects of orexin, NMDA needs to get properly activated, or other put, not inhibited.

Matches my experience why NMDA antagonists make me feel so damn tired. (like magnesium or zinc supplementation)

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

It seems that there is a orexin-histamine relationship. That both promote each other. We know that histamine promotes wakefulness and arousal and improves satiety / weight loss.

Maybe a reason why some feel absolutely dead with the usage of antihistamines.

Histamine, Glutaminergic Signaling, NMDA agonism and Norepinephrine seem to increase alertness and wakefulness, partially through orexin.

It seems that there is a orexin-histamine relationship. That both promote each other. We know that histamine promotes wakefulness and arousal and improves satiety / weight loss.

Histamine, Glutaminergic Signaling, NMDA agonism and Norepinephrine seem to increase alertness and wakefulness, partially through orexin.
Your histamine angle is interesting too.

Jam

Interesting indeed, as I also have tons of energy, but in contrast to Rinse & rePeat, starch is my main source of carbs (mostly from sprouted whole grains). I also do not get fatigue after supplementing magnesium and/or zinc.

Interesting indeed, as I also have tons of energy, but in contrast to Rinse & rePeat, starch is my main source of carbs (mostly from sprouted whole grains). I also do not get fatigue after supplementing magnesium and/or zinc.
Sprouted isn’t considered a starch, but rather a plant food, that is how Peat, described it. He said sprouted grains are good, and I buy sprouted oats, Ezekiel bread. brown rice and rice cereal.

Jam

Sprouted isn’t considered a starch, but rather a plant food, that is how Peat, described it. He said sprouted grains are good, and I buy sprouted oats, Ezekiel bread. brown rice and rice cereal.
Well, I also sometimes eat loads of refined (unenriched Italian) flour, as focaccia, white bread, pasta, and pizza, and it does not have any negative effects whatsoever. I would not touch the fortified garbage they sell in the USA with a 10-ft pole though.

Well, I also sometimes eat loads of refined (unenriched Italian) flour, as focaccia, white bread, pasta, and pizza, and it does not have any negative effects whatsoever. I would not touch the fortified garbage they sell in the USA with a 10-ft pole though.
I don’t get negative effects either, but my hair stopped graying and my teeth look much better not relying on them daily. Grains were not a daily problem, but more of a cumulative problem for me.

Jam

I don’t get negative effects either, but my hair stopped graying and my teeth look much better not relying on them daily.
Unenriched? Iron shavings could easily cause or exacerbate those two negative effects you mentioned.

Unenriched? Iron shavings could easily cause or exacerbate those two negative effects you mentioned.
Nope I only organic grains. The phosphorus in the grains are aging to skin and binds to calcium which gets carried out instead of being used for bones and teeth. You gotta have a lot of calcium in your diet to get away with a lot of grains. You don’t know anything is happening until one day you say what heck! Undoing it all is a process. Sprouted is much better.

redsun

There was a user here who take 400-600mg of magnesium in glycinate form for years. Had really bad hypersomnia. Once he stopped he saw significant improvement but I dont remember exactly all the details. But yeh it just goes to show you taking tons of magnesium is not without consequence. If you eat mostly whole foods it should be easy to get 300-400mg of magnesium daily and more than that especially long term is probably going to lead to NMDA hypofunction which means reduced neurotransmitter release due to reduced calcium channel activity. Also this can lead to low sex hormones since NMDA signals GnRH.

I think his user on here is @methylenewhite. Maybe he wants to give more details on the degree of his improvement.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
To get the effects of orexin, NMDA needs to get properly activated, or other put, not inhibited.

Matches my experience why NMDA antagonists make me feel so damn tired. (like magnesium or zinc supplementation)

Spot on, I agree. Zinc and magnesium supps are a no go for me too.

Peater

Excuse the off topic but that profile pic had me folded up laughing...absolutely brilliant.

Jam

Nope I only organic grains. The phosphorus in the grains are aging to skin and binds to calcium which gets carried out instead of being used for bones and teeth. You gotta have a lot of calcium in your diet to get away with a lot of grains. You don’t know anything is happening until one day you say what heck! Undoing it all is a process. Sprouted is much better.
Yes. I balance the grains (and meat) with a liter of milk or so and plenty of cheese, namely parmesan.

Yes. I balance the grains (and meat) with a liter of milk or so and plenty of cheese, namely parmesan.
That should make a good difference. I hate to see you going along all happily eating all that starch and have that haggard moment!

Havde

There was a user here who take 400-600mg of magnesium in glycinate form for years. Had really bad hypersomnia. Once he stopped he saw significant improvement but I dont remember exactly all the details. But yeh it just goes to show you taking tons of magnesium is not without consequence. If you eat mostly whole foods it should be easy to get 300-400mg of magnesium daily and more than that especially long term is probably going to lead to NMDA hypofunction which means reduced neurotransmitter release due to reduced calcium channel activity. Also this can lead to low sex hormones since NMDA signals GnRH.

I think his user on here is @methylenewhite. Maybe he wants to give more details on the degree of his improvement.
What?! Magnesium is bad now?!
I take 500mg Magnesium glycinate before bed on most days and I am really not happy about my energy levels...

Edit: I also take Zinc supplement regularely lmao

Korven

What?! Magnesium is bad now?!
I take 500mg Magnesium glycinate before bed on most days and I am really not happy about my energy levels...

Edit: I also take Zinc supplement regularely lmao

All supplements can potentially cause issues... I would try dropping the magnesium and zinc for a few weeks and re-evaluate how you feel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals