2 Reasons why Finasteride might work for some people

edoos

People frequently ask why Finasteride actually works if DHT isn't the culprit. In this video, I discuss 2 such possible mechanisms.

View: https://youtu.be/34XaeC4R-z8

@Hans I can totally rely on what you said.

Finasteride did wonderful to me at first, I lost weight was able to handle much more physical & emotional stress at first.

After using it for like 10 months, I started to develop ED and was unable to have proper sex.

After stopping is when ***t really hit the fan, I got very bad insomnia, no more pleasure sex, numbness, cold penis, cognitive issue and all the thing you can read on forums.

Since then I got PFS that improved to now 70-80% after 10 years. But I still very lack on good stress coping response, I have a very high response to even small stress that I completely stopped exercised since 3 months and feel much better.

Back to your PMNT analysis, I would be interested to know if in the case of persistent sides like PFS, wouldn't be the PMNT surge being silent like it could be for insulin resistance resulting in an unbalanced ration of norepinephrine vs epinephrine. A thus that could be one major driver if balanced is restored. I still have bad insomnia for years now and bad stress coping ability. My folate is just over the lower range, something I should definitely check. On the DHT side I have also low DHT just over the smaller range and still experience hair loss so the DHT theory could not be the full cause if it's even one. I have high SDHEA, cortisol and Q10 (which should be lowered following what you said, but mine is quite high).

I tried beta blocker and feel less bloated on the belly and my hair looked better, but after 10 days got bad sides like insomnia cause it deprived melatoni production.

That could show the beta blocking activity of adrenaline had some positive effect on my belly fat and hair. I will do a Dutch test to see all my hormonal panel and adrenaline will report back to you if you are interested to follow a bit my case.

Thanks for your help on everything you share with the commnity.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Back to your PMNT analysis, I would be interested to know if in the case of persistent sides like PFS, wouldn't be the PMNT surge being silent like it could be for insulin resistance resulting in an unbalanced ration of norepinephrine vs epinephrine. A thus that could be one major driver if balanced is restored. I still have bad insomnia for years now and bad stress coping ability. My folate is just over the lower range, something I should definitely check. On the DHT side I have also low DHT just over the smaller range and still experience hair loss so the DHT theory could not be the full cause if it's even one. I have high SDHEA, cortisol and Q10 (which should be lowered following what you said, but mine is quite high).

I tried beta blocker and feel less bloated on the belly and my hair looked better, but after 10 days got bad sides like insomnia cause it deprived melatoni production.

That could show the beta blocking activity of adrenaline had some positive effect on my belly fat and hair. I will do a Dutch test to see all my hormonal panel and adrenaline will report back to you if you are interested to follow a bit my case.

Thanks for your help on everything you share with the commnity.
Yes exactly. But I don't know if it rebounds or anything or what specifically happens to the total levels and ratio, so it would be interesting to test.
I suspect that finasteride should increase CoQ10, since it inhibits PNMT. So yours being high does/should indicate the fin increased it.
Beta-blockers could potentially increase noradrenaline or even mess with the adrenergic receptors. You can always try to combine clonidine with a beta-blocker and see if that works better.
My pleasure man, and keep me posted!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals