Observations from using a continuous glucose monitor - Jessie Inchauspé

David PS

Jessie Inchauspé has written a book about the strategy that she developed to keep her blood sugar levels from getting too high and then rebounding so that it is then too low. It not changing what is put on your plate but rather changing the order that your r eat the macronutrients on your plate. She recommends eating your vegetables first, then eat your protein and finally eat your carbs. T Here is a video and a summary of her main points.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi2ahyx3b7A

Summary (her tips from the video)

1. Meal eating order: first non starchy vegetables, then protein and fat, last carbs, starchy vegetables and sugars (desert)

2. One tablespoon of vinegar (apple cider, white wine, rice...) diluted in a tall glass of water, up to 30min before a meal

3. Have a savory breakfast (best mix of protein, healthy fat, fiber)

4. Use your muscles for at least 10min after a meal (a walk, cleaning the house, walking up the stairs, dancing, squats...)

5. Never eat a carb or desert on an empty stomach, leave it for the end of a well balanced meal and/or drink 1 tablespoon of diluted vinegar in water before eating it and/or use your muscles for at least 10min after you've ate it.

6. No naked carbs/sugars, put some clothes on them - pair it with some protein, healthy fat and/or fiber ( e.g. chocolate cake with some Greek yogurt, piece of sourdough with some avocado or butter, rice with some eggs or salmon or greens, cookie with 10 raw almonds...)

7. Eat whole fruits, no juices (even if it's mixed with some vegetables)

8. Avoid dried fruits, oat milk, coconut water, rice cakes (treat them all as a dessert)

9. Well balanced smoothies (PHFF) with no fruits or very little fruit (best berries)

10. Better choices: Sourdough over white bread, steel cut oats over oatmeal, starchy vegetables over white bread/pasta...

11. Grapes, pineapple, banana - higher fructose levels, always put clothes on them or eat as dessert

12. Eat more healthy fats - avocados, avocado oil, olive oil, fish...

13. Stress and poor/lack of sleep spikes glucose levels and the body's ability to properly function

14. If you wake up tired, eat savory breakfast, 10min high intensity workout shortly after you wake up, then coffee or just skip coffee, to feel better and reset your body

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

I really appreciate your summary. Thank you for posting the video and the summary!
You welcome. She is also on instagram and she shares many images comparing her glucose response eating that same foods in different orders and with and without vinegar.

OP
David PS

David PS

From the author's instagram page.
1659709193149.png

1659709615846.png

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

@David PS Thanks for posting this!
Your welcome. CGMs are expensive. I will be posting more of this type of image as a reminder to me.

It appears that vinegar capsules (not gummies) work to flatten our glucose curves. However, they don’t seem to be as powerful as regular vinegar. But 3 capsules should make a big dent in your glucose spike.

1659724792583.png

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

From the original post
1. Meal eating order: first non starchy vegetables, then protein and fat, last carbs, starchy vegetables and sugars (desert).
1659909710960.png

Small swaps of eating in the right order! You don’t have to wait between foods, this was just a test with a 10 minutes wait.

We can eat the exact same thing, but with a smaller glucose spikes we:
👉 reduce our hunger for the rest of the day
👉 reduce our cravings for the rest of the day
👉 give our body more time in fat-burning mode
👉 age more slowly
👉 help our long-term health

Same food, completely different effects on the body!
¡La misma comida, efectos completamente diferentes en el cuerpo!

OP
David PS

David PS

Postprandial glucose, insulin and incretin responses differ by test meal macronutrient ingestion sequence (PATTERN study)
Results: There were significant food intake sequence time interaction effects on plasma glucose, insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) concentrations (P < 0.001). In comparison with rice consumed first followed by vegetable and meat (R-VM), the overall postprandial glucose response was significantly attenuated after the food intake sequence of vegetable first, followed by meat and rice (V-MR) or meat first, followed by vegetable and rice (M-VR) or vegetable first followed by meat and rice (V-M-R) or vegetable, meat and rice consumed together (VMR). The insulin iAUC (0e60) was significant lower after V-M-R than M-VR, VMR and R-VM. V-M-R food intake sequence stimulated higher GLP-1 release than other meal sequences. However, GIP response was lower after V-MR and V-M-R than M-VR and R-MR food intake sequences.

Conclusions: Food macronutrient intake sequence can considerably influence its glycemic, insulinemic and incretin responses. V-M-R food intake sequence attenuates the glycemic response to a greater degree with accentuated GLP-1 stimulation without any increased demand for insulin. The sequence of food intake has great potential as a novel and simple behavioral strategy to modulate glycemic response in healthy adults.
1659974407924.png

belcanto

This is a great thread; I wonder about the vinegar, though, as Ray Peat mentioned that it causes weight gain. ???

I don't like the vinegar.

What works well is lots of starch with good amounts of saturated fat to maintain even blood sugar over many hours including during sleep. I recommend everyone do the CGM because you will find out how to eat better and with fewer/no hypoglycemic episodes.

OP
David PS

David PS

This is a great thread; I wonder about the vinegar, though, as Ray Peat mentioned that it causes weight gain. ???
I personally do not like to use vinegar. I consider it to be optional. The order of the food one eats is really important and I will post more images about that shortly. I am involved in some other things at the moment. Many people can not afford the expense of a CGM. I am hoping that this thread can help them.

And the order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
1659982062632.png

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

LMOA decreasing your sugar spike is not equal to less aging less inflammation less weight gain etc

Of course this is just a silly game that try's to circumvent the issues in glucose uptake arisen from starch and PUFA eating that resulted in FFA and insuline resistance with their bad oxidative metabolism. I dont have sugar crashes, from mixed meals, what are they talking about.

Reasoning comes from of course the GI load myth. This is doing silly food macro acrobatics while not understanding the underlying metabolic problems come from the poisons via the spoon fed propaganda they have yet to identify

edit , of course they put sugar at the end bc that is the Demogorgon

And then they dare to call this scientific and themselves a scientist LOL.

I do like the vinegar trick. going to test this.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

Redu bull gives you wings and what goes up comes down.
1660040182001.png

What you need to know:
👉 It's better to drink diet soda than regular soda. Regular soda contains outrageous amounts of sugar, creating big glucose and fructose spikes, harming our health.
👉BUT: it's better to drink water than diet soda, because diet soda has its issues too: increased cravings, microbiome problems, more… Diet soda usually contains *aspartame* which is a sweetener that is known to potentially increase insulin levels (which may be why you see this dip in glucose levels after drinking it; it is due to insulin release).

OP
David PS

David PS

1660040510388.png

Eat 👏 the 👏 food 👏 in the 👏 correct 👏 order 👏

Vegetables first, proteins and fats later, starches and sugars last (when it's easy for you)
⬇️
the fiber in vegetables coats the small intestine and slows gastric emptying
⬇️
glucose from the rest of the meal is absorbed to a lesser extent
⬇️
lower peak glucose up to 73%
⬇️
satiety for longer, fewer cravings, better hormone balance, better fertility, better skin, fewer wrinkles, less inflammation, slower aging, lower risk of disease

OP
David PS

David PS

1660042349552.png

Jam

Yes - like old-fashioned oats! I always wondered why I was "starving" 2 hours after breakfast! Looking into steel-cut oats now. You really have me thinking, David PS!
How were you eating those oats? Old-fashioned or rolled oats with enough whole milk easily keep me satiated until lunch.

ursidae

glucose from the rest of the meal is absorbed to a lesser extent
These lower glycemic index-centred methods always boil down to consuming fewer calories, but it's presented in a sneaky disguise of methods that impair digestion like combining too many different foods, or achieving fullness and impairing absorption by loading up on fibrous vegetable matter. Last time I tried to go down the low GI route, my BMI dropped to 16, my digestion got worse, thyroid tanked. It took me a while to realise that low GI dieting is just another name for low calorie dieting.

Also, starch digestion involves the salivary enzyme alpha amylase which performs best at 6.5-7 pH. Messing with the ph of the starches by adding vinegar will interfere with the breakdown of starch

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals