What Would Ray Say About My Labs?

bodacious

After a bit of back-and-forth with my GP, I may or may not have high prolactin. My GP is convinced that I'm medically in perfect health.

I've suffered from a bunch of symptoms recently, all of which make me think I have low thyroid, high estrogen, and high prolactin.

My T3, T4, and Free T3 are all at the low end of the medical range. I'm aware that Ray has his own ideas of what healthy ranges are though, and they're not the same as the standard medical "clinical" ranges.

I'm a 29-year-old male, quite athletic, stressful work. Terrible work/life balance. Been eating a "Peaty" diet for 6 months.

I've provided the NHS (National Health Service) normal ranges for reference. They might differ in your country.

T3
Free T3 4.8 (NHS range: 4—8.3)
Free T4 13 (NHS range: 10—24)
TSH 3.6 (NHS range: 0.4—4.5)
Testosterone 20.9 (NHS range: 10-38 nmol/L)
Calcium 2.32 (NHS range: 2.2-2.6 nmol/L)
Prolactin 713 *, 350** (NHS range: 86—324 mU/L)
Prolactin 33.63*, 16.5** (NHS range: 4—15 mg/mL)

* Test one taken 12 days before Test two
** Test two

Drareg

I would look at the prolactin, the tsh is high by Peats standards.

Fixing prolactin might bring tsh down. Rather than going straight to thyroid supplement ,try increasing dopamine, lowering serotonin ,lower estrogen,endotoxins,histamine . If your under stress those are whats increasing, the food and moderate supplement route would be a good start, getting rid of the stress is ideal but might not be achievable as Peat is well aware in today's society.

Aspirin will help here straight away, 300mg has noticeable effects on prolactin and estrogen for me, unfortunetley for some it can lower dopamine, Theanine lowers histamine,serotonin and can increase dopamine.

There are many other supplements to try ,lots of articles on here about them as everyone is different.

My tsh was like yours at the start , I took thyroid, t4 was a disaster for me, took t3 and noticed a good effect but it's hard to maintain,t3 was never the issue as much as stress in my case I think ,stress stops the conversion of t4 to t3 , just allowing the body to work itself at your age by lowering stress will get thyroid back working. PUFA is a nightmare even supplementing t3 with PUFA will interfere with t3.
Vitamins E will saturate PUFA ,aspirin will effect PUFA also.

OP
bodacious

bodacious

I would look at the prolactin, the tsh is high by Peats standards.

Fixing prolactin might bring tsh down. Rather than going straight to thyroid supplement ,try increasing dopamine, lowering serotonin ,lower estrogen,endotoxins,histamine . If your under stress those are whats increasing, the food and moderate supplement route would be a good start, getting rid of the stress is ideal but might not be achievable as Peat is well aware in today's society.

Aspirin will help here straight away, 300mg has noticeable effects on prolactin and estrogen for me, unfortunetley for some it can lower dopamine, Theanine lowers histamine,serotonin and can increase dopamine.

There are many other supplements to try ,lots of articles on here about them as everyone is different.

My tsh was like yours at the start , I took thyroid, t4 was a disaster for me, took t3 and noticed a good effect but it's hard to maintain,t3 was never the issue as much as stress in my case I think ,stress stops the conversion of t4 to t3 , just allowing the body to work itself at your age by lowering stress will get thyroid back working. PUFA is a nightmare even supplementing t3 with PUFA will interfere with t3.
Vitamins E will saturate PUFA ,aspirin will effect PUFA also.

I think TSH and Prolactin are correlated, right?

BobbyDukes

That's interesting. Never heard that before about aspirin lowering dopamine. How does it do that? I don't use aspirin, but when I have done, I find it stimulating, if anything.

Theanine, I have never noticed anything at all from. People keep here keep saying how wonderful it is. If it lowers serotonin, that's great. And it increases dopamine? Wow. It must be amazing. It must give a really clear crisp clarity, perhaps like vitamin E does, when it hits the spot. But despite various brands, theanine, if anything makes me feel like I am developing Alzheimer's or something. Perhaps it's the anti-histamine aspect of it. Cyproheptadine can be equally as dysphoric for me. Green tea, when I used to drink it, did give a boost. But it also contains caffeine and a load of other things (estrogenic), so who knows.

Last edited:

Drareg

aspirin can mimic t3.
Lowering dopamine from aspirin was anecdotal, I picked it up on here a while back from somebody else with same problem, it might have been part of the many Cypro threads, noticed slight restless leg after using it too regular, it's still in my toolbox, use it sporadically,stuff is incredible.
Most studies point to it protecting dopamine and doing good things all over.

You seem to be ok with vitamin E and aspirin ? They can both lower prolactin ,if you are prone to be high in prolactin it could be causing issue, is prolactin one of the first things to increase under stress?
fixing prolactin could bring the tsh down, as you know by now everyone is different. Some people get better effect from b6 because it lowers prolactin and is great for dopamine, I get intense depersonalisation from small amounts, was lucky To read Peats responses about b6 or probably would have thought I was about to die.

OP
bodacious

bodacious

aspirin can mimic t3.
Lowering dopamine from aspirin was anecdotal, I picked it up on here a while back from somebody else with same problem, it might have been part of the many Cypro threads, noticed slight restless leg after using it too regular, it's still in my toolbox, use it sporadically,stuff is incredible.
Most studies point to it protecting dopamine and doing good things all over.

You seem to be ok with vitamin E and aspirin ? They can both lower prolactin ,if you are prone to be high in prolactin it could be causing issue, is prolactin one of the first things to increase under stress?
fixing prolactin could bring the tsh down, as you know by now everyone is different. Some people get better effect from b6 because it lowers prolactin and is great for dopamine, I get intense depersonalisation from small amounts, was lucky To read Peats responses about b6 or probably would have thought I was about to die.

Strange—I've had the "oh **** I'm having a panic attack" feeling from B6 a couple of times. Not every time though, so haven't noticed a trend yet

Drareg

Thanks! I'm far from 100% sure on anything but my life has changed for the better since using Peats guidance, see him as my doctor, doesn't doctor mean to teach and educate?
Some ****head wanted my thyroid out because of high TSH!! more crap on top of that with the Health establishment that made no sense to me.

This forum is great for dialogue, never emailed Peat once yet,just get newsletters and the articles online then explore some things myself while using the forum to find anecdotal bits and bobs.

Can't say I have ever felt bad from what he recommends compared to what I was before studying his work, I'm at the stage now like many on here who are looking for tools to function at a higher level coherently, reverse some of the epigenetics cards I'm dealt. I was just looking to feel normal at the start of Discovering Peat,beyond that now.

Haiduts energin is incredible but after 2 days I get that b6 vibe creeping in,jumpiness is the start of it. Must go watch a horror movie with high does of b6 for the experience !!

OP
bodacious

bodacious

Some ****head wanted my thyroid out because of high TSH!! more crap on top of that with the Health establishment that made no sense to me
That is insane, I'm glad you didnt!

Rickyman

Energin does the same to me. I looked for an article by Dr Peat but no luck as of yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals