Please Could Someone Interpret My Thyroid Profile Results?

Emstar1892

Hello everyone. So I went for a private blood test in the UK as my GP wouldn't do these tests on the NHS.

I'm a 23 year old female, not on any medication or contraceptives or anything. Not overweight, not underweight. Don't smoke. Etc.

TSH: 2.29

Free T4: 12.9

Free T3: 3.4

Thank you very much. And I will provide symptoms after interpretation if anyone needs them ;)

can you provide units and reference ranges? It may be different for your lab/UK etc.

The only one I can comment on because I'm sure it's the same as what I'm used to, is TSH, which Ray says should be under 1. It isn't a high TSH number by medical standard of care, in fact it's on the lowish side.

OP
E

Emstar1892

Sure it says:

TSH 2.29 (0.27-4.20) mU/L

Free T4 12.9 (12.0-22.0) pmol/L

Free T3 3.4 (3.1-6.8) pmol/L

I didn't provide the ranges as that kinda rules out your being able to interpret it, but thanks for any input you may have!

so everything is "normal" -- except how do you feel? Have you measured your morning wakeup temps and heart rate during the second half of your period? What prompted you to get the test?

If you have multiple symptoms of low thyroid, if it was me, I'd be taking thyroid. That's my situation although I'm male. I have "normal" thyroid numbers but multiple low thyroid symptoms.

OP
E

Emstar1892

My temperature is 35 and pulse is 38-43bpm

My skin is really dry and face has swollen like crazy and gone pale

My hair has fallen out

My menstrual cycle is every 23 days and...insane

And I feel completely indifferent to everything. Not depressed in a sad way, just like, I have to mentally talk myself into the simplest of tasks (like going home from work tonight, I'm dreading the walk from my office to the bus stop, even though its 3 minutes.) I used to be fit and healthy and don't know what the hell is going on!

The problem is that if my results are normal how could I convince a doctor do give me thyroid?!

it's really difficult. A lot of people just take it upon themselves to do the thyroid supplements. I might suggest you try it. I'd also of course, work on diet. Enough protein and plenty of carbs (sugar or starch, depending on what you can handle.)

How did this start?

And what does the doctor suggest you should do?

When you say insane periods, you might have VERY high estrogen levels. Progest-E might help. Pregnenolone might help.

OP
E

Emstar1892

Thanks for your help and advice :) yes, I've tried dietary changes and they did help (coconut oil raises my temperature like nothing else) but I think that only takes you so far.

Honestly, I've been feeling crap for years. First I went to A&E with weird heart rhythms when I was 18, and they realised my heart rate was 38. They asked me to stay overnight, monitored me then realised it's just the way my heart is. They dismissed me and that was that.

Then over the years everything else started catching up, the hair loss and puffy face in the last few months. The place I went to was private so I just got a note attached to the result saying to call and book an "interpretation" if I want but it's really expensive. I feel like crying :(

Ulla

Like reading my story. Close to your age. Non smoker etc..
Almost the same numbers with TSH, T3, T4, temperature and heart beat... For medicine in my country I don't need meds... they say...

Next week I am going to take another lab test, hoping for any improvement.
So fat eating Peaty made me happier person.
I still struggle with acne time to time and cold hands, feet... but I think I am making some progress. My sleeping is better too.
Emstar, good luck. I am interested in your story and improvements.

OP
E

Emstar1892

Like reading my story. Close to your age. Non smoker etc..
Almost the same numbers with TSH, T3, T4, temperature and heart beat... For medicine in my country I don't need meds... they say...

Next week I am going to take another lab test, hoping for any improvement.
So fat eating Peaty made me happier person.
I still struggle with acne time to time and cold hands, feet... but I think I am making some progress. My sleeping is better too.
Emstar, good luck. I am interested in your story and improvements.

Thanks so much :) are you going to try and get medication then? Good luck to you too! Same with the acne, it was a problem all my life, I cut out dairy and gluten and it got much better but my pores still aren't clear like they were when my metabolism was fast. And it used to be SO damn fast!

Ulla

No, I won't get medication.
The lab I am going to is private too.

I don't see any improvements if removing dairy and gluten. I think in my case is related to insulin --> liver.
When low carb (two years) my skin got really nice but other symptoms aroused. 7 months ago started with Peat and since then I am trying to improve my acne/pimples...
I think things get better when I feel less hypoglycemia, so I am trying to improve my insulin resistance aka liver.
Although my liver enzymes are just fine...

AST and ALT, both 0,49

I would try Tyromax which is sold by Haidut here. I'd try 1 drop, then 2 drops, and work up higher. That's what I did. Check out threads about it. And there are other good sites about thyroid supplementation, stop the thyroid madness is pretty good although some of their recommendations are wacky (about raising iron).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals