Went to the doctor for a general health issue and she did some basic lab work:

Prolactin: .103U/I ... range .105 to .560
T4 Free: 17.2 pmol/L ... range 10.0 to 19.0 pmol/L
TSH: .02 mu/L ... range .27 to 4.2 mu/L
Progesterone: <1.0 nmol/L ... range for follicular phase 0.0 - 1.0
Oestradiol: 629pmol/L .... range for mid cycle 140-2400 pmol
LH: 3 U/I ... range for mid cycle 8-90
FSH: 2 U/I ... range for mid cycle 3-17

Labs were done right around the time of ovulation.

I have been taking 3 capsules of nutri-meds bovine thyroid for about 3 months now to combat hypo symptoms, a sluggish metabolism and TSH in the mid 2's.

Positive things I've noticed in the past month are: My lunulae are starting to come back, my resting pulse is 80 bpm now, and my period is back after a very long history of amenorrhea from various birth control methods - depo provera, bcp and mirena.

Negative things are: severe constipation, hands and feet are ice cold, body temps won't get over 97.2, lots of bloating around my belly which is usually indicative of high cortisol in me. I'm also seeing my heart rate shoot up into the 110-120s from normal activity. It doesn't bother me so much but it's strange.

Diet is low fat. Mostly quark, orange juice and oranges, white rice, potatoes, honey, grapes, beef, gelatin, some casein protein powder, skim milk, lean fish, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, green vegetables.

I know I need to get more thorough lab work for better answers, and I will, but I would greatly appreciate any insight about the very low TSH/high T4 and nutri-meds. I'm still feeling hypo but labs would say I'm extremely hyper. I'm certainly not losing weight and I don't feel jittery, even when pulse gets up into the 120s in normal activity. I've heard that too low of a dose can make you more hypo. Any thoughts?

HLP

Looks like you are healing. Can't comment on labs except it looks like your TSH has come down nicely. I wouldn't be too concerned about that heart rate. Maybe try a bit more sugar and less starch. I find freshly squeezed and strained orange juice warms me up nicely. How much water are you drinking. If you are chilly, plain water is not your friend. Dress warm and be patient with healing.

HLP

Oh, it's nice to see you've got some fingernail "moons" happening. This is a very good sign you are healing.

OP
nikkmm

nikkmm

Looks like you are healing. Can't comment on labs except it looks like your TSH has come down nicely. I wouldn't be too concerned about that heart rate. Maybe try a bit more sugar and less starch. I find freshly squeezed and strained orange juice warms me up nicely. How much water are you drinking. If you are chilly, plain water is not your friend. Dress warm and be patient with healing.

Thanks HLP. I definitely see improvements. But I wonder how low is too low for TSH? Especially while still being cold and constipated?

HLP

I've heard zero for TSH is even okay but I'm not a doctor. Go with your symptoms and don't let the system make you a "number". Part of my healing was being able to trust my own body to do the right thing despite what lab numbers were saying. Pay attention to what triggers chilliness. Any water consumption or even foods with a high percentage of water can do it. Salt is also important to anchor things. Interestingly I wear a hat inside and it seems to keep me toasty warm all of the time. For me constipation is an ongoing issue despite diet correction. Carrots and cooked mushrooms may help but you may need to add a PINCH of Cascara a few times per day. I make pickled mushrooms by adding red pepper jelly and a squeeze of lemon to cover them. I don't reheat mushrooms ever. Haidut wrote that glycine could help lower cortisol and niacinamide helps with relaxation.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals