What To Do About Lipomas

barefooter

I have a bunch of lipomas, a couple of which are big enough to be a bit annoying. The big ones (quarter size diameter) are on my head and lower back, and I have small ones on my stomach and couple other tiny ones on my arms. Has anyone been successful in shrinking or eliminating them with a Peat diet, supplements, or some kind of topical treatment? The two bigger ones I would like gone, and have considered having them surgically removed, but I'm wondering if there are other options. However, I do have one concern with a non surgical approach (if there is one); if the lipoma is a way of sealing off something from the rest of my body, is it really advisable to allow that material to be processed through the rest of my body?

messtafarian

I was looking for information for someone else about this and I never saw any recommendation. Peat has an interview somewhere where he's asked about it and didn't really have much to say. I'm sure you know they're benign so they're not very interesting to the medical world.

The standard treatment is to have them cut out.

What I would try if I had one is something bodybuilders use, topical yohimbine, to "spot treat" fat pockets on their abs. It's claimed to speed up local fat metabolism. Bodybuilder board guys used to swear by this stuff in the 90's.

Come to think of it, I would also pose my question to bodybuilder sites, since they know all kinds of tweaky info about "cosmetic" fat deposits.

Hairfedup

Is there any way to get rid of/minimise lipoma? And are they really not malicious? Surely they are indicative of something off kilter in the body? I have one on my forearm and hate it.

DrJ

I would second the progesterone. I have an old dog who has many and putting a small dab on them each night for about 2 weeks usually shrinks them significantly. Some respond better than others, so I'm not sure what that's about. But I would say it generally works. Good luck! Would love to know if it works for you.

Hairfedup

I would second the progesterone. I have an old dog who has many and putting a small dab on them each night for about 2 weeks usually shrinks them significantly. Some respond better than others, so I'm not sure what that's about. But I would say it generally works. Good luck! Would love to know if it works for you.

Thanks! I'll definitely be trying it out, should get my hands on some by the end of the week. Will report back.

Hairfedup

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to find progesterone cream...only Pregnenolone...would that work?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to find progesterone cream...only Pregnenolone...would that work?
IdeaLabs Cortinon in the tocopherol/MCT base is progesterone and DHEA and what I’ve used (not for lipomas) on my skin.

Hairfedup

IdeaLabs Cortinon in the tocopherol/MCT base is progesterone and DHEA and what I’ve used (not for lipomas) on my skin.

Thanks I just found myself on haidut's page funnily enough...gonna put my order in. Appreciate it ;)

Peater

I have a hard, painless lump on my middle toe, I don't know when it appeared and I assumed it was a heavy duty blister from working in steel toe boots or walking in narrow shoes. I didn't know what a lipoma was until I read this thread and looked them up! Sounds like CortiNon is worth trying, which is lucky as a fresh bottle arrived yesterday

MeatOrchid

I've been looking for this thread.

I've reduced lipomas following this diet:

1gallon of skim milk
400 grams of brown sugar
1 Table spoon of agave nectar
5 cups of coffee
1 teaspoon of salt
1 chirimoya
2 eggs
300 grams of liver (1 or 2 a week)

Hairfedup

I've been looking for this thread.

I've reduced lipomas following this diet:

1gallon of skim milk
400 grams of brown sugar
1 Table spoon of agave nectar
5 cups of coffee
1 teaspoon of salt
1 chirimoya
2 eggs
300 grams of liver (1 or 2 a week)

Thanks for this! I feel like my smoking habit is contributing to the build up of lipomas..but Imma try this diet out for sure.

Hairfedup

Does anyone know what actually causes lipomas? Would adequate K2 supplementation prevent them? Does smoking cigarettes increase the likelihood of developing them?

Hairfedup

Does anyone know what actually causes lipomas? Would adequate K2 supplementation prevent them? Does smoking cigarettes increase the likelihood of developing them?

If anyone could please help me out I'd really appreciate it ;)

Nemo

Hairfedup, I doubt my lipoma stories have much to do with your health, but maybe the cures will help.

My mother developed a bunch of large lipomas very rapidly at age 79 just before a series of strokes, including a major stroke that left her unable to swallow properly. As a result, she ate basically nothing for weeks.

By the time she started eating again, the lipomas were completely gone, and they have never returned even though she eventually returned to the same crappy standard American diet she was on before.

The only changes I can think of between her diet then and now are she stopped drinking alcohol and diet Pepsi. And she is almost certainly eating less fat than she did before, though she still eats crappy fats (PUFAs). I'd estimate she eats half to one-third the fat she used to eat.

She lost over 40 lbs in the hospital while she was unable to eat (went from 174 to 132 on a 5'2" frame). They put her on drugs for high blood pressure and gave her insulin when her blood sugar acted crazy, though she is no longer on insulin.

Now here's my dog lipoma story. My 12-year-old mutt developed a large lipoma under her left front leg, sort of growing from her armpit down her left side. She was a rescue dog that they'd insisted on neutering before I could take her home at 5 months old and she'd been overweight for about two years. The early neutering left her with very thin legs (she's German-shepherd size) and delicate bones. She has broken toes multiple times from movements that would usually not break a dog's toe.

I feed the dogs a mostly raw diet and she had always been especially creative about not eating her liver and kidney and other organs. So earlier this year I started lightly cooking them for her--quick browning, still as raw as possible inside. That got her to eat all the organs I fed her.

She immediately started losing weight and is now 15-20 lbs lighter (back at her ideal weight). Her lipoma has shrunk by about 1/3 in roughly six months.

One last thing. I mentioned my dog's toes because my mother has osteoporosis.

I keep thinking fatty liver.

Last edited:

Bexs

Hairfedup, I doubt my lipoma stories have much to do with your health, but maybe the cures will help.

My mother developed a bunch of large lipomas very rapidly at age 79 just before a series of strokes, including a major stroke that left her unable to swallow properly. As a result, she ate basically nothing for weeks.

By the time she started eating again, the lipomas were completely gone, and they have never returned even though she eventually returned to the same crappy standard American diet she was on before.

The only changes I can think of between her diet then and now are she stopped drinking alcohol and diet Pepsi. And she is almost certainly eating less fat than she did before, though she still eats crappy fats (PUFAs). I'd estimate she eats half to one-third the fat she used to eat.

She lost over 40 lbs in the hospital while she was unable to eat (went from 174 to 132 on a 5'2" frame). They put her on drugs for high blood pressure and gave her insulin when her blood sugar acted crazy, though she is no longer on insulin.

Now here's my dog lipoma story. My 12-year-old mutt developed a large lipoma under her left front leg, sort of growing from her armpit down her left side. She was a rescue dog that they'd insisted on neutering before I could take her home at 5 months old and she'd been overweight for about two years. The early neutering left her with very thin legs (she's German-shepherd size) and delicate bones. She has broken toes multiple times from movements that would usually not break a dog's toe.

I feed the dogs a mostly raw diet and she had always been especially creative about not eating her liver and kidney and other organs. So earlier this year I started lightly cooking them for her--quick browning, still as raw as possible inside. That got her to eat all the organs I fed her.

She immediately started losing weight and is now 15-20 lbs lighter (back at her ideal weight). Her lipoma has shrunk by about 1/3 in roughly six months.

One last thing. I mentioned my dog's toes because my mother has osteoporosis.

I keep thinking fatty liver.
Very interesting.

I have shrunk lipomas by painting with drug store iodine every day and putting one of those large band-aid things over it that has some on it too. i know i am starting to sound like the iodine queen here but it really does work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals