Chair Ergonomics

gaze

I always sit like this, I don't know any other way. It's very natural and comfy. Sitting with legs close is very weird
yea, I naturally sit like this too. never thought about it or that it was beneficial. Maybe that's how most humans -sit instinctually, im not sure.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

"One first step toward improving alignment may be learning how to sit properly. According to Anselm, an ideal seat should be at a height where knees and hips are at a 90 degree angle with feet planted on the floor. (If you’re short, adding a yoga block can help.) Shoulders should be balanced over the hips; arms should not have to reach too far for keyboards and elbows should stay relaxed; and monitors should be adjusted so the center of the screen is at eye level. For low back support, Blakeway suggests tucking a rolled-up towel behind you. And consider your sitting stance: In this case, Medina says, the much-maligned man-spread is actually your safest bet. “That open-legged posture forces you to lift at the core, and the neck will automatically follow suit,” she explains. Regularly alternating positions between sitting and standing is also a good idea. “The advice I give my patients is to change your position often so your muscles don’t shorten and joints don’t seize up,” says Blakeway."

@Amazoniac

are you a man-spreader ?
1626866279082.png

- Meditation posture | Got ROM

There are chairs that have the seat excessively tilted backwards, the sides are too elevated (like a canoe), edges aren't softened and corners aren't rounded, preventing the person from sitting this way.

Not being rounded and having these points can be one inconvenient in the example chair:
1626866773559.png

DrJ

View attachment 25646

- Meditation posture | Got ROM

There are chairs that have the seat excessively tilted backwards, the sides are too elevated (like a canoe), edges aren't softened and corners aren't rounded, preventing the person from sitting this way.

Not being rounded and having these points can be one inconvenient in the example chair:
View attachment 25647
Lol mfw they use the soyest of soyboys in their promo photos. Only thing missing is the open mouth expression.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals