What is and what causes homosexuality?

B

Blaze

You are right it is turning into a theological discussion, I will put the brakes on
It was enjoyable though, and I liked your posts. I have no problem having that type of discussion but when I feel like I am becoming very repetitive I also put the brakes on.

RealNeat

I
Same could be said about any sickness. Why seek to understand things that exist, am I right? What a bizarre, truly anti-intellectual attitude.
I get that response a lot when I talk about stuff like this. The "shut down, avoid the uncomfortable" response.

RealNeat

Yo
I couldn’t imagine that this topic would bring out so many bone heads to the light. Especially considering that this is a Ray Peat forum! Ray Peat, who is himself all about braking through dogmas, propaganda and bad science. I wonder what would be his opinion? It makes me laugh to read peoples conclusions about something they have no idea about. As if they had to make a choice at some point in their life to be gay or straight. Pathetic!
Do you have any valuable input or just ad hominem attacks? Your responses take up unneeded space on the other individuals good resources.

SOMO

Gay (Male) = Zinc Deficiency or too much Milk during mom's pregnancy OR after birth. Excess testosterone or estrogen in utero (it has been shown that gay men have more older brothers than straight men, which indicates gay men are SOMETIMES born later in the mother's life, which means the mother's hormonal profile would lean towards excess estrogen, higher testosterone and less progesterone.)

Sometimes being sexually abused can cause it too, but that is not true homosexuality, it's more like a habit.

Lesbian = Man-hating/Bad experience with men (molestation, assault, rape, etc.) and rebellion against parents wish to get married to a male. Possibly a deciciency of estrogen/progesterone OR excess androgens during conception/in utero.

I also think female sexuality is more flexible, in that their sexuality is more "reward based" - if a woman can supply the social/emotional/financial needs a man can provide, a woman is a suitable mate. Also dating a female removes the need for the male to be at the top of the social strata - "Alpha Male" - which IS a trait that many (not all) women look for in a mate.

-------------------------------

I also hope we don't ever find out the true cause of homosexuality because if so, there will be a genocide against gay babies. Let's say all you had to do to avoid gay kids was stop eating dairy during pregnancy - would parents willingly avoid dairy/ to avoid having a gay child? I believe they would.

Last edited:

Oleg

Yo

Do you have any valuable input or just ad hominem attacks? Your responses take up unneeded space on the other individuals good hhh
Yo

Do you have any valuable input or just ad hominem attacks? Your responses take up unneeded space on the other individuals good resources.
Calling bull**** a bull**** is my valuable input. Here you go!

Quelsatron

What causes Homosexuality? Primarily bad luck. Also a deep lack of self-worth and a deeper urge to disrupt the moral order to get even with whatever and whomever the homo resents and hates.
sounds much like the origins of christianity

copycat

Whoah, that actually makes A LOT of sense.

Estrogen excites the prostate, and causes insatiable sex drive, which is not satisfied through the penis, therefore homosexuals resort to the anus.

However the peak is not that, the female clit is equivalent to the nerves at the tip of penis, that is the intended pleasure system.

JamesGatz

Estrogen excites the prostate, and causes insatiable sex drive, which is not satisfied through the penis, therefore homosexuals resort to the anus.

However the peak is not that, the female clit is equivalent to the nerves at the tip of penis, that is the intended pleasure system.
I agree with this - When I am high PTH or when I had eaten something that increased estradiol I got a weird feeling in my prostate - I do think that these feelings some people confuse with a stimulation needed in the area

It's like when the frogs exposed to atrazine started becoming gay - I do think animals turn homosexual as well but I have never seen it in the context of something good - I also have never seen a high DHT homosexual and high DHT is very protective of the prostate and prevents these feelings - this is a good theory

Oleg

I agree with this - When I am high PTH or when I had eaten something that increased estradiol I got a weird feeling in my prostate - I do think that these feelings some people confuse with a stimulation needed in the area

It's like when the frogs exposed to atrazine started becoming gay - I do think animals turn homosexual as well but I have never seen it in the context of something good - I also have never seen a high DHT homosexual and high DHT is very protective of the prostate and prevents these feelings - this is a good theory
What a pile of crazy!

Gerard1989

I couldn’t imagine that this topic would bring out so many bone heads to the light. Especially considering that this is a Ray Peat forum! Ray Peat, who is himself all about braking through dogmas, propaganda and bad science. I wonder what would be his opinion? It makes me laugh to read peoples conclusions about something they have no idea about. As if they had to make a choice at some point in their life to be gay or straight. Pathetic!

View: https://youtu.be/Pdb_xOl3GJY

01:38:23

"The evidence from history as well as animal experiments are that you can produce it by stress during gestation and everyone is abnormal in some way so it isn't something I think law should be involved in regulating in any way but I think the evidence is clear that it's a particular product of post and pre-natal and early-life stresses"

putting this here in case anyone goes away thinking that the views that have been posted under this thread are representative of those of Ray Peat and the community that makes up the forum.

Daniil

I think the main factor is brainwashing. Where I live, this is a very rare phenomenon (I do not know any). But there are a lot of metabolically unhealthy people here.

Oleg

Same could be said about any sickness. Why seek to understand things that exist, am I right? What a bizarre, truly anti-intellectual attitude.
Calling gay people sick, tells me a lot about your intellectual attitude

Runenight201

from a strictly evolutionary point of view, homosexuality is a bad outcome, at least in humans where sexual reproduction requires a male organ donor of sperm and female organ recipient of the sperm. I’d imagine this would be harshly selected against if we were following classical Dawrinian gene style of evolution. If there is a “gay gene” you’d be unable to pass it on since you wouldn't reproduce. Note this doesn’t mean a gay person is immoral, bad, or broken, it strictly means that from a sexual reproduction pov, they are at a disadvantage.

However, even before modern technology and the ability to do IVF or surrogate pregnancies or anything like that, homosexuality attraction has its common place in human history, so it probably isn’t a gay gene but something else that’s going on.

I also don’t buy any of the crap that it’s culturally conditioned or anything like that. My friend was homosexually attracted to boys at 6 years old. I was heterosexually attracted to girls at that same age. There’ must’ve been something developmentally different that occurred in our brains.

I think there’s something to the womb environment theory. Would be interested to know more about what research is being done in that area. I’m sure the womb environment and its degeneration plays a large role in many of phenotypes that we see today. Especially in regards to the rise in autism as well.

Speaking with gay people and autists on this though usually offends them, it’s an assault on their identity. I believe there’s less pressure to address homosexuality because ultimately a homosexual can still be incredibly healthy and functioning member of society, I recall Alan Turing being an absolute genius and up righteous human being. Autism however I do believe is more problematic, as it usually impairs learning and quality of life.

Last edited:

Dr. B

from a strictly evolutionary point of view, homosexuality is a bad outcome, at least in humans where sexual reproduction requires a male organ donor of sperm and female organ recipient of the sperm. I’d imagine this would be harshly selected against if we were following classical Dawrinian gene style of evolution. If there is a “gay gene” you’d be unable to pass it on since you wouldn't reproduce. Note this doesn’t mean a gay person is immoral, bad, or broken, it strictly means that from a sexual reproduction pov, they are at a disadvantage.

However, even before modern technology and the ability to do IVF or surrogate pregnancies or anything like that, homosexuality attraction has its common place in human history, so it probably isn’t a gay gene but something else that’s going on.

I also don’t buy any of the crap that it’s culturally conditioned or anything like that. My friend was homosexually attracted to boys at 6 years old. I was heterosexually attracted to girls at that same age. There’ must’ve been something developmentally different that occurred in our brains.

I think there’s something to the womb environment theory. Would be interested to know more about what research is being done in that area. I’m sure the womb environment and its degeneration plays a large role in many of phenotypes that we see today. Especially in regards to the rise in autism as well.

Speaking with gay people and autists on this though usually offends them, it’s an assault on their identity. I believe there’s less pressure to address homosexuality because ultimately a homosexual can still be incredibly healthy and functioning member of society, I recall Alan Turing being an absolute genius and up righteous human being. Autism however I do believe is more problematic, as it usually impairs learning and quality of life.

The gay men in history could have been gay but had a marriage and relationship with women for societal purposes and fitting in. Additionally anyone could have been bisexual and passed on their genes that way. Even certain gay men could have simply been with women not out of attraction but just to fit into the societal norms.

Oleg

I wonder what womb environment theory says about identical twins having different sexuality ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals